Feedback - Ranked Seasons

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. ...
  6. 14
So tell me again why AA is getting buffed? Air is already subpar. This is just a big unintentional nerf to Anders. Her sentinels are going to suffer greatly because of this.
Why are you posting this in the season's feedback thread?

I agree with you, but this isn't the right place for it.
Because I'm giving feedback?
I thought season feedback included feedback about balance? Judging from what everyone else is posting, it is.
Judging by this statement:
stckrboy wrote:
If you're going to quote the post, please make sure and edit out the exploit details. I edited out your post for you.

Let's get back on topic now, discussions and feedback on ranked seasons only please
And this one from the original post:
Quote:
hey folks - As you know, we're nearing the end of the first season of ranked play in Halo Wars 2 (just waiting on that Colony DLC to drop!).The current plan of record is to kick off a new season with the release of each new leader since this new content shakes things up and will surely always include some amount of broader balance tweaks in parallel. This makes sense in theory.When a future DLC runs into delays, it starts to cause some challenges as the season lingers on indefinitely. Likewise, if a DLC is delayed but the following one isn't, we could have a situation where a season may only last 2 to 3 weeks. That doesn't seem too ideal.I'd love to hear you what you all think -
  1. Do you prefer to have season rollovers remain tied to DLC releases? (even if it means inconsistent / unpredictable durations)
  2. Or, would you rather just have seasons tied solely to a calendar cadence (similar to Halo 5), even though you'd have balance changes and new leader drops coming in the middle of an active season?
Bonus question: In your opinion, what's the ideal season length (regardless of the DLC/balance component)I've also gathered some feedback and have passed to the team regarding the number of placement matches required for a season. I've heard from quite a few folks who think it should be less than 10 games if a season is barely a month long.As the design team evaluates and reviews the season structure going forward I'd love to help round up your thoughts and feedback for their consideration. Thanks!
Everyone posting about balance is off topic and making it really hard to find the actual feedback on ranked seasons.

It isn't like 343 only reads this thread, there are devs reading the balance discussion thread as well. What is wrong with trying to stay organized?
The post by stckrboy was responding to a post about the exploit, which they don't want people posting about because others will find out how to use it. The original post was from April, and I don't see why 343 would be reading the answers to the asked questions after so many months. There's no official balance thread, so I'm assuming that they want you to post here about it seeing as it asks for feedback. That said, they really need to clarify what "feedback on ranked seasons" even means. If they don't want discussion about balance here, they need to make that evident.

I never said staying organized was a flaw, I just don't think balance discussion is out of place here.
exploits arent balance discussions. cant discuss it, u can only cry. they are known to the designers. they are just tryin to keep the general public from knowin details, or keywords to search em.
There's no official balance thread, so I'm assuming that they want you to post here about it seeing as it asks for feedback.
There's a large discussion thread open here for balance and will likely be an official thread set up post patch:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/balance-patch-discussion-11-10/34c3ce39-292b-42ed-82f1-e5d459c50a1e/postsThat being said if there isn't a recently active topic available and no pinned topic, you can start your own
That said, they really need to clarify what "feedback on ranked seasons" even means. If they don't want discussion about balance here, they need to make that evident.
I thought it was pretty clear from the first post what this topic is looking for - season length and rollovers
Quote:
I'd love to hear you what you all think -
  1. Do you prefer to have season rollovers remain tied to DLC releases? (even if it means inconsistent / unpredictable durations)
  2. Or, would you rather just have seasons tied solely to a calendar cadence (similar to Halo 5), even though you'd have balance changes and new leader drops coming in the middle of an active season?
Bonus question: In your opinion, what's the ideal season length (regardless of the DLC/balance component)
It mentions nothing about feeding back on balance and shouldn't have to specifically state it
So when are they going to fix the Colomy Glitch?????

Its literally gamebreaking!
So when are they going to fix the Colomy Glitch?????

Its literally gamebreaking!
Probably this week
Hi, I just wanted to say that 3v3 blitz shouldn´t be ranked, but 1v1 should. 3v3 is really unastable, the connection is not as good as playing 1v1 or 2v2. It is annoying when 20 games someone lags out or you get dc...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I would just like to point out that only during 3v3 ranked is where i am expiercing the most lag outs which is almost every game
I'm not to sure if this is where I can post this, but it would be nice to have a 1v1 play list for cross play. PC 1v1 is dead
I'm not to sure if this is where I can post this, but it would be nice to have a 1v1 play list for cross play. PC 1v1 is dead
There's a topic here for discussing crossplay, first post has details of what playlists are available / being added in the future
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/xbox-pc-crossplay-coming-to-halo-wars-2/2ccb0a61-ec2a-48ae-a931-e4de05766d4d/posts
This season is a wash. Balance and start the new one before too many players give up
I have 2request:
Please give us customization for the blitz firefight vs AI as in the terminus firefight :) starting power,core bonus,wave timeing etc
And please make some new map :P
We are playing every day with my friend and its pretty boring already :(
We don't need more leader for a while hehe
Thank you,big kiss :)
I have 2request:
Please give us customization for the blitz firefight vs AI as in the terminus firefight :) starting power,core bonus,wave timeing etc
And please make some new map :P
We are playing every day with my friend and its pretty boring already :(
We don't need more leader for a while hehe
Thank you,big kiss :)
This best made in a new topic, this topic is for discussing and feeding back on Ranked Seasons
This season is a wash. Balance and start the new one before too many players give up
I cannot agree more. Colony is still game-breaking and you all STILL haven't fixed it. I took a short break recently, came back about a week ago, and here we are dealing with this? Why has this not been fixed yet? This is the same problem that happened with Forge, a game-breaking exploit that isn't fixed for weeks. Other leaders with similar leader powers also benefit from this exploit, but Colony takes the cake.

My friend and I are back in the 2v2 scene, just to fail to get past Onyx 1570 because we only run in to Colony's that abuse the exploit. Ranked play is completely bogus right now, if it's really going to take this long, at least lock the leader powers that cause these problems until you come out with the patch to fix it.

The player base of this game is already at an all-time low it seems, and now that we have yet ANOTHER game-breaking exploit or strategy, I fear it's almost too late. 343i, please please please fix this, do one to two more fine-tune balancing patches to help fix some overpowered/underpowered leaders, and then offer a free-to-play weekend so we can get some players interested and some more bodies in the ranked scenes.
This is so stupid i derank 2% for a really tough game but i lose 60% for my game disconnecting this crap needs to be fixed
well ranked has one big loophole which exists in every csr game though is more prevalent in titles like rainbow six siege.
This game does bear resemblance to ubisofts titles in another respect which I never really encountered in halo wars 1 .
Should be no loss in rank for quitting out of the game when your opponent picks colony. We all know why..
Should be no loss in rank for quitting out of the game when your opponent picks colony. We all know why..
Before the match actually starts**
Why doesn’t it show a leaderboard for highest rank? Why does it just show the experience level? As that is just a sin that you play a lot I would rather see what League they are in aka like star craft etc. plus why does the leaderboard only show fire fight?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. ...
  6. 14