Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Fighting Retreat on Legendary

OP AssassinT28

This is by far the most frustrating mission I've played on Legendary in this game, my problem isn't even the mission objectives, not even the Flood, it's Pavium's pathfinding he just refuses to move. Anyone else struggle with this mission?
Seriously!? No one struggled on this mission?
Yeah Pavium is an issue. He does not move when you tell him to. What you need to do is build 7-8 engineers and the rest are Wraiths. Just keep the engineers on Pavium and upgrade the units.
Pavium has issues following move orders in all missions, it's just in this mission that it's most obvious.
Rescuing the locusts also helps a lot; they can kill the tentacles really fast.
Also, wraiths. Lots of wraiths.
At min. 5 while Main Base defending, move him to the hill, which can be reached through activating the lightbridge.

Endure the heavy last 5 minutes, then escape to safety with him.

I have completed all on legendary, but this mission dude? What a hell it was, attempted it perhaps all in all like 30-times (no kidding!!!).
FURTHER TIPS:

Max out his economy boost ability, this helps a lot in building your army and improving your tech!

Grab the power nodes.. I always have grabbed just 1 directly in the beginning (left one).
cym104 wrote:
Pavium has issues following move orders in all missions, it's just in this mission that it's most obvious.
He is immovable
I managed to complete the mission last night, I had to use Pavium at range he just kept getting stuck for some reason. This one mission it's like he was like "Nah, I wanna fight and lose my shield." Everything else was fine managed to save 2 Locust, managed to keep the Blisterbacks alive, even manage to put the Engineers on my base. It really was just Pavium this one mission.
TYRELL zx wrote:
FURTHER TIPS:

Max out his economy boost ability, this helps a lot in building your army and improving your tech!

Grab the power nodes.. I always have grabbed just 1 directly in the beginning (left one).
I grabbed both, from the moment the mission started I boosted my supply and power.
This mission is infuriating. I can't even do it with all of the easy skulls. I'm not sure whether it's logical or not to get all of the power nodes and waste time that could be spent collecting resources and such.
Gravemint wrote:
This mission is infuriating. I can't even do it with all of the easy skulls. I'm not sure whether it's logical or not to get all of the power nodes and waste time that could be spent collecting resources and such.
get the power nodes
Finally got it! Listen to the people saying wraiths and engineers. Makes it a million times easier.
Gravemint wrote:
Finally got it! Listen to the people saying wraiths and engineers. Makes it a million times easier.
Engineers saved my base. I already knew to get Wraiths. What saved me is getting the reinforcement upgrades and Hunters. Because the enemy has infected Wraiths also.