Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Finally came! Game pass in Japan!

OP tenchosan

Finally
Finally, XBOX GAME PASS came to Japan!
I'm happy!
Well, I'm just playing HW2 all the time
How would you recommend other people to play HW2?
I want to talk about the charm of this game ...
tenchosan wrote:
Finally
I'm happy!
Hard to say, really. Overall, it's a pretty okay RTS, and is far better to play on PC than Console. The only people who are really interested in it would be those that play Halo and like real time strategy games, and are okay with the limitations that are built in the game since it was created for console.

I like the game well enough, but unless you can get someone hooked into the multiplayer component, it's not terribly accessible to non-Halo fans.
tenchosan wrote:
Finally
I'm happy!
Hard to say, really. Overall, it's a pretty okay RTS, and is far better to play on PC than Console. The only people who are really interested in it would be those that play Halo and like real time strategy games, and are okay with the limitations that are built in the game since it was created for console. I like the game well enough, but unless you can get someone hooked into the multiplayer component, it's not terribly accessible to non-Halo fans.

XBOX ONE didn't sell well in Japan
The HW2 wasn't selling well.
GAME PASS is here, so I hope I can increase the number of players
Updates have stopped ...
It's tough! But I love HW2.
tenchosan wrote:
Finally
I'm happy!
Hard to say, really. Overall, it's a pretty okay RTS, and is far better to play on PC than Console. The only people who are really interested in it would be those that play Halo and like real time strategy games, and are okay with the limitations that are built in the game since it was created for console.

I like the game well enough, but unless you can get someone hooked into the multiplayer component, it's not terribly accessible to non-Halo fans.
bro..

you talk like you are the RTS genre himself.....

i mean sure.. with 120 matches in Halo Wars 2 you MUST know AAAAALL the itches and scratches and depth of the game. GG & thumbs up!

TYRELL zx wrote:
tenchosan wrote:
Finally
I'm happy!

bro..

you talk lile you are the RTS genre himself.....

i mean sure.. with 120 matches in Halo Wars 2 you MUST know AAAAALL the itches and scratches and depth of the game. GG & thumbs up!

I don't, actually! I'm much more comfortable playing RTS games like the original Halo Wars or Age of Empires II than HW2, both of which are arguably vastly superior real-time strategy games. I don't think it's necessarily unfair to state that console RTS games have built-in limitations. Besides, you've obviously played a decent amount of Halo 5, so it's safe to say you're not unfamiliar with the Halo universe.

I think it's cool that the game attracts all sorts of people, and it's pretty sweet you're a #1 Champ in Blitz. But ultimately, I think the sales and current population of some playlists of the game speak for itself. It wasn't extremely popular.
TYRELL zx wrote:
tenchosan wrote:
Finally
I'm happy!

bro..

you talk lile you are the RTS genre himself.....

I don't, actually! I'm much more comfortable playing RTS games like the original Halo Wars or Age of Empires II than HW2, both of which are arguably vastly superior real-time strategy games. I don't think it's necessarily unfair to state that console RTS games have built-in limitations. Besides, you've obviously played a decent amount of Halo 5, so it's safe to say you're not unfamiliar with the Halo universe.

I think it's cool that the game attracts all sorts of people, and it's pretty sweet you're a #1 Champ in Blitz. But ultimately, I think the sales and current population of some playlists of the game speak for itself. It wasn't extremely popular.
To be honest: HW2 was one of the best RTS games lately. I never got it why it never was that popular.

Lets hope that Iron Harvest & AoE4 are going to bring people back to this long forgotten genre. Blizzard with its masterpiece WarCraft III had the chance to revive the genre with with the remastered edition but put out a desaster. Cheers to the devs at Microsoft that they are still putting that much ressources into the development and lets hope that Relic will do fine with Age of Empires 4.......
HW2 is my best XBOX ONE generation game
That's why I want many people to know
In Japan, changing the voice of the master chief broke the hearts of fans
But I was revived with HW2
Cool characters and a fast RTS experience are adorable works ...
I've been playing from Japan using the xbox pass and a pc! It's awesome but sometimes there is some latency issues (3-5 seconds) which makes it hard to time leader abilities and micro units. It usually wouldn't be an issue but against onyx / champion level opponents the lag is difficult to play with. Anyhow, I 100% recommend playing on PC.