Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Firefight: Are Bunker Barricades worth it?

OP runty grunty

I've come to start using Bunker Barricades loaded with combinations of various infantry, but I have to wonder whether or not they're really worth it. Should one even bother with them in early-game, or should the population be used for more artillery and/or air power?

I personally find them very useful in early-to-mid game when you put upgraded Marines into them. Just don't use them as a full wall-off (i.e. use electric traps or mines instead of barricades in some parts of the corridor and "allow" the enemy a ground route to your base) and the enemy will ignore them for a limited time. Those Marines will then get a load of free kills.

Late-game, however, when you're up against loads of heavy air and tanks, they can definitely struggle.
dont be bothered with bunkers i tried it
I use them but not for the garrisoning
Yes
Bunker barricades are the best barricades, even if you don't garrison anyone inside.
1. They're cheaper than the other 2 barricades.
2. They provide huge sight range, allowing your long range and artillery units such as kodiaks, siege turrets, blisterbacks and condors to start firing much earlier.
3. That sight range allows you to spot some of the forward bases so that you can build them without having to send any unit over to spot it.
4. The bunker barricade will also allow your infantry to move past bunker barricades by garrisoning and ejecting them should the need arise.
5. It can save any infantry caught out in the open, if that should occur.
6. Infantry, particularly marines, can fire out of it, and enemies will not shoot at the bunker barricade unless it is blocking their way (this excludes UNSC Scorpions and Vultures, who have a fetish for destroying bunker barricades even if it's not blocking them). Since Kodiaks are a key part of the terminus firefight strategy to bombard ground targets, Marines with rocket launchers are crucial vs the air waves. Utilising marines in bunker barricades you won't need that many wolverines, and can simply leave those wolverines at the terminus for the direct air waves.
Bunker barricades are the best barricades, even if you don't garrison anyone inside.
2. They provide huge sight range, allowing your long range and artillery units such as kodiaks, siege turrets, blisterbacks and condors to start firing much earlier.
3. That sight range allows you to spot some of the forward bases so that you can build them without having to send any unit over to spot it.
4. The bunker barricade will also allow your infantry to move past bunker barricades by garrisoning and ejecting them should the need arise.
6. Infantry, particularly marines, can fire out of it, and enemies will not shoot at the bunker barricade unless it is blocking their way (this excludes UNSC Scorpions and Vultures, who have a fetish for destroying bunker barricades even if it's blocking them). Since Kodiaks are a key part of the terminus firefight strategy to bombard ground targets, Marines with rocket launchers are crucial vs the air waves. Utilising marines in bunker barricades you won't need that many wolverines, and can simply leave those wolverines at the terminus for the direct air waves.
fantastic, i'll use it in my next game
SILAS117BR wrote:
6. Infantry, particularly marines, can fire out of it, and enemies will not shoot at the bunker barricade unless it is blocking their way (this excludes UNSC Scorpions and Vultures, who have a fetish for destroying bunker barricades even if it's blocking them). Since Kodiaks are a key part of the terminus firefight strategy to bombard ground targets, Marines with rocket launchers are crucial vs the air waves. Utilising marines in bunker barricades you won't need that many wolverines, and can simply leave those wolverines at the terminus for the direct air waves.
I created a guide with screenshots, feel free to use it if you need help!
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18iQeNRXkRO2Mh2WP6D3alIrTvGwHzL4c/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105254847849895535136&rtpof=true&sd=true
SILAS117BR wrote:
I created a guide with screenshots, feel free to use it if you need help!
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18iQeNRXkRO2Mh2WP6D3alIrTvGwHzL4c/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105254847849895535136&rtpof=true&sd=true
wow that's amazing, congratulations