Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] Fix Anders

OP RockGENERATION

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Regular kodiaks are getting toned down and her Retriever is getting a sizable nerf, particularly to pop which will reduce the amount of other units she can have on the field. On top of that core air is getting a complete rework, getting a huge buff against vehicles (including kodiaks). This could make air a viable counter to Kodiak turtles. Seeing as we're about to get a game changing update this week, I'd hold off on the sirens until testing after the patch drops.
Regular kodiaks are getting toned down and her Retriever is getting a sizable nerf, particularly to pop which will reduce the amount of other units she can have on the field. On top of that core air is getting a complete rework, getting a huge buff against vehicles (including kodiaks). This could make air a viable counter to Kodiak turtles. Seeing as we're about to get a game changing update this week, I'd hold off on the sirens until testing after the patch drops.
That's all very true it's just ridiculous how many sentinels those things spawn though. It makes her bases unbreakable. Once air is viable again it won't be too bad but at the moment it makes Anders the king of 1s rn. This is the last patch so if it not done now it's not happening. They can change much coding so the only way I can see them fixing this is making DPS reduced on sentinel spawns or make it so only siege turrets spawn sentinels. The whole leader power is just ridiculous. Just a few artillery shots and there is more sentinels shooting then the game can even handle.
That's all very true it's just ridiculous how many sentinels those things spawn though. It makes her bases unbreakable. Once air is viable again it won't be too bad but at the moment it makes Anders the king of 1s rn. This is the last patch so if it not done now it's not happening. They can change much coding so the only way I can see them fixing this is making DPS reduced on sentinel spawns or make it so only siege turrets spawn sentinels. The whole leader power is just ridiculous. Just a few artillery shots and there is more sentinels shooting then the game can even handle.
This actually isn't the last patch. There's at least one more coming. Postums said as much earlier today. I do agree though that her mass kodiaks can get ridiculous real quick. They become incredibly oppressive if used right. It's something up bring up when discussing the next patch.
This actually isn't the last patch. There's at least one more coming. Postums said as much earlier today. I do agree though that her mass kodiaks can get ridiculous real quick. They become incredibly oppressive if used right. It's something up bring up when discussing the next patch.
If we are getting another one then it can be put on hold. Thank you for acknowledging the problem exists as most players I talk with just do not understand. once the 6 minute mark hits if she has even just a few kodiaks its already "essentially" game over if the player makes the right choices. Most players do not abuse this luckily.
Hello guys,

Anders is weak early game ! Don't forget it and go to stop her quick!
She is a strong defensive leader on mid to late game but not overpowered i think.
Skimoul wrote:
Hello guys,

She is a strong defensive leader on mid to late game but not overpowered i think.
Good sir, you appear to not have experienced early warthog/spartan builds...

Also, fully agreed with Longshot. Let's see what happens, too many variables to guess the outcome.
As Longshot said, hold fire a little longer to see how the meta changes. I would also
agree she is a problem.

In in the meantime, my tips to try and weather the sentinal storm:

most players do not micro Kodiaks properly, often bunching them. So, use your nuke LP, unit drops (they have a minimum fire range) and vulture Phoenix missles in combination with an air borne scout to pop them from a distance.

Use nightingales to pop smoke and cover unit movement/ turrets/ their Kodiaks.

if you run into them before they mass,
dont let them get away! Every loss is costly.

Fianlly, it’s not massively useful, but i think units game xp from taking out the spawned sentinels? Useful for when th retriever turns up.
Skimoul wrote:
Hello guys,

Weak early game? What?
With AA nerfs and Kodiak nerfs, this issue should be resolved. I've suffered through a game of Kodiak spam before in an Anders mirror and it wasn't fun. I got hungry and had to quit :(