Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

FIX THE BANSHEES HONESTLY

OP SmokedSalmon342

For goodness sake nerf the banshees. What can honestly be done to counter them? Not even as forge can I pump out Wolverines fast enough since they cost reactor as well as supply.... but they can just keep jumping MILLIONS of banshees since they only cost supply, have quick build times. And high as -Yoink- damage. Fully upgraded Wolverines cant even compete.....
This game has too strong air
If you can strengthen the anti-aircraft capability of Grant and the Marine Corps, it will be much easier to balance ...
"The fools have sent in air units to harass me. They'll learn!"
Sorry got bad news for you. There are no plans to update the game or nerf any units anytime soon or probably never again, as the game is no longer being supported.
"The fools have sent in air units to harass me. They'll learn!"
Sorry got bad news for you. There are no plans to update the game or nerf any units anytime soon or probably never again, as the game is no longer being supported.
Sad but true. (Prophet)
But there is a possibility if more people play
HALO itself is getting more attention, so I want HW2 to increase its population
Honestly, best counter to an army of banshees as UNSC is an army of marines with the engineer upgrade, Banished have the insanely good anti-air reaver, which makes wolverines look awful, but engineer marines are excellent at taking out air
Field engineer marines do be slapping air early to mid game. I dont know about late tho.
I mean, if you've let them get to the point where they can just pump an infinite number of Banshees at will at ridiculous speeds, then you've kind of -Yoinked!- yourself really. Banshee's can't be made from the get go, you have to be tech 2 to make them which can be done at about 3-4 minutes in depending on if the person is quick teching. But Banshees are pretty weak at base tech and take time and power to upgrade to be strong and in large numbers. We're talking about 4,000 power or more to get them to tier 3 Air with their Banshee Bomb upgrade (because you have to factor in them going for tech 3, while tier 1).

Plasma Torpedo costs 650 power
Tech 2 costs 1,000 power
Air tier 1 costs 450
Air tier 2 costs 650
Air tier 3 costs 850
Tech 3 to get tier 3 costs 1,500

(We're not even factoring in the 2,100 they would need to get to tier 3 Logistics or tier 2 Reinforcements which costs 2,000. So really, that's a plus 4,100 power.)

So that's in total 5,100 power over the course of about 5-6 minutes unless they double/triple pump upgrades, and then it'll take them a few minutes to pump all of the first waves of Banshee's unless again, they're double/triple pumping, but that means they have an expo which they had to pour more resources into. So at most, you're getting a Banshee rush about 9-10 minutes in? Might have done some math wrong for that one, but if you haven't done anything by that point, you're asking to be 'rushed' by Banshees. To get anything sooner than that, they'd have to have donations from team mates who are then leaving themselves exposed.

You know what you can get much faster as a UNSC Leader? Combat Tech Marines who only need tech 2, can be built quickly, and I'm pretty sure only take supplies to build after you've gotten them to Combat Tech (which at most you're spending 2,000 power between the Grenade+CT upgrade, plus the Tech 2 upgrade).

As a Banished unit, Reavers will destroy most Air compositions, especially if you're Colony and you sprinkle in some attached Skitterers and Infantry units.

Unless you're talking about Halo Wars 1, in which idk what to tell you (I still find it a bit strange they pool both Halo Wars games into one forum section.)
Wolverines in this game are a huge joke compared to Halo Wars 1; people say you can hit and run/micro with Wolves but eh.
You're better off using Rocket Marines to counter Banshees. I would say use Hornets, but once Banshees have Plasma Torpedos they're basically Core Air with Anti-Air capabilities 😂