Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Forge or Johnson: Who Should I Pick?

OP yurifan65

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Yeah so forge is free.
I really like to play as Pavium and Yapyap. With Pavium you can easily defend against attacks without your army, with his leader doing awesome DPS. For Yapyap I like to use a mixture of grunts and marauders with engineers mixed in with cannon fodder (as a distraction). It is best when you combine his leader powers especially the turrets and grunt dome.
yurifan65 wrote:
Badass2790 wrote:
Forge is a free download. So download Forge, and if you want, purchase Johnson or ask us what your third option would be. Unless you play Terminus Firefight, there is a strong chance your third option would be a better purchase than Johnson.
(Sorry, reached my 5 post limit) Wait, what?!?! That's insane! I can't believe they're giving away such a powerful leader for free (thanks anyway 343 :) ) I do still need your guys' help, though. So, I will definitely get Forge for free and purchase Johnson. In your guys' opinion, what things (such as leader abilities, vehicles, infantry units, etc.) are most useful/worth resources for both leaders and which ones are just a waste? PS Wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for giving advice to a lowly noob like myself, really appreciate it :)

PPS So, I'm looking into getting a Banished leader, too, and I'm kind of leaning towards Yapyap. What is the best strategy for Yapyap? Do you think his Ceasefire ability and Cannon Fodder make him better or worse compared to Arbiter? Thanks!
teir one Rolling Eco is a must but EVERYTHING else is purely situational. Get his drops are an obvious advantage and carpet is decent for denial but you have to get drops and Rolling Eco.
Thanks, 220 and 4977. 2 quick things I wanted to say:
  1. Thank you all so much for helping me out and please do not unfollow the forum! As I said, I'm still a fairly new player to the game, so I need all of the advice I can get. I don't see any use in making a new forum every time I have a question, so, if you guys don't mind, I would appreciate it if you remained following this forum so I can have a community to ask for help whenever I need to do so.
  2. I just started up my Waypoint account yesterday so I still have a 5 forum post limit daily. I'd like to thank you all individually and ask questions but until I rank up, I'll be stuck in a vicious cycle of getting capped and returning a day later. So, every morning, I will read the new posts and ask questions in large, numbered posts like this.
Thanks guys!
Hey, sorry if I was acting weird yesterday. It was just a combination of happiness that random people on the Internet who were far better than me were willing to help me and also insecurity about my HW2 skills. So, does anyone have an opinion on if Yapyap's leader powers make him better than the Arbiter or if the Arbiter still reigns supreme (BTW Thanks for the strat QUICKSHOOTER220.
yurifan65 wrote:
Hey, sorry if I was acting weird yesterday. It was just a combination of happiness that random people on the Internet who were far better than me were willing to help me and also insecurity about my HW2 skills. So, does anyone have an opinion on if Yapyap's leader powers make him better than the Arbiter or if the Arbiter still reigns supreme (BTW Thanks for the strat QUICKSHOOTER220.
YapYap is a very interesting hero, which plays much more differently that any other leader.
Instead of forge which I would count as beginners friendly he has a very high micro intensity and a high skill cap.
His leader power and units are unique and very nice to use. In addition he and Johnson have the funniest voicelines in the game.
If you like cheap micro intense infantery which special ability , unique leaderpowers and the possibility to build 3 heroes take YapYap.
If you want an all around strong leader which doesn't require to much micro and has the strongest Tank in the Game, forgives mistakes and has as well a good economy take Forge.
If you want a more defensive Character with the strongest single unit (except super /hero units) the Colossus, which is a high dmg Mech sniper with a -Yoink- amount of health as well as a stronger but slower variation of the warthog you take Johnson. He is a character which will get buffed heavily in the next patch. And he is the man who knows what the lady's like.

Arbiter is very good right now but gets a heavy nerf this month.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2