Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Forge Warthog Stats

OP GeneralGarric69

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The base hitpoints of the Forge Warthog is 7000 and the shieldpoints is 7000 with a 45 second cooldown on the Anvil Round Ability, with a max speed of 21.

The cannon it starts off with does 420 damage with a range of 60. The Gauss Cannon (acquired from the 3rd upgrade) does 500 damage with a range of 90.

The Anvil Round itself does 2750 damage (changing this to 1833 would take the 300% increase down to 200%) with a max range of 70. With the 3rd upgrade it gets a very small increase to the splash radius but keeps the max range of 70.

The 1st upgrade increases the damage by 25%, the hitpoints by 35% and the shieldpoints by 35%

The 2nd upgrade increases the damage by 25%, the hitpoints by 70% and the shieldpoints by 70%

The 3rd upgrade increases the damage by 30%, the hitpoints by 80% and the shieldpoints by 80%

All upgrades only increase the base stats, so they don't stack with each other.
Huzzah for actual numbers!!
I think we could all use more unit stats like this
The base hitpoints of the Forge Warthog is 7000 and the shieldpoints is 7000 with a 45 second cooldown on the Anvil Round Ability, with a max speed of 21.

The cannon it starts off with does 420 damage with a range of 60. The Gauss Cannon (acquired from the 3rd upgrade) does 500 damage with a range of 90.

The Anvil Round itself does 2750 damage (changing this to 1833 would take the 300% increase down to 200%) with a max range of 70. With the 3rd upgrade it gets a very small increase to the splash radius but keeps the max range of 70.

The 1st upgrade increases the damage by 125%, the hitpoints by 135% and the shieldpoints by 135%

The 2nd upgrade increases the damage by 125%, the hitpoints by 170% and the shieldpoints by 170%

The 3rd upgrade increases the damage by 130%, the hitpoints by 180% and the shieldpoints by 180%

All upgrades only increase the base stats, so they don't stack with each
how did u get this, old wise one?
Where did you got this numbers from?

And those increases per upgrade seem off? A 130% increase in HP would more than double its HP for example. Or do you mean 30%?
Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

And those increases per upgrade seem off? A 130% increase in HP would more than double its HP for example. Or do you mean 30%?
7000*130% = 9100.

I suppose you could argue the wording is off.

7000*130% = 9100.

I suppose you could argue the wording is off.
Exactly.

7000 + 9100 = 16100

I should have said 1.3x or 30%, they're fixed now.

All the numbers are from the game files so they are correct.

I should have said 1.3x or 30%, they're fixed now.

All the numbers are from the game files so they are correct.
Oh that's perfect. Can you get this for every other unit in the game? Or is it not as easy?
Oh that's perfect. Can you get this for every other unit in the game? Or is it not as easy?
Yes, it's just time consuming.
So now we know that at least the numbers are there. That brings us to another question: why haven't they been released by the devs?
I see. Thanks for the effort, highly appreciated.

If you plan on doing more of this, having the data for every hero unit would be great! Would help us lots knowing how they stack against each other.
I'd love to see a full chart/list of just number crunching all the units and heroes, even powers if possible (damage, etc.) I just love the information and find it fun and interesting to compare and even just know. This is awesome.
So now we know that at least the numbers are there. That brings us to another question: why haven't they been released by the devs?
Because the flat numbers are meaningless without the context of damage type and what modifiers are applied to units damage to various armor types.
Postums wrote:
Because the flat numbers are meaningless without the context of damage type and what modifiers are applied to units damage to various armor types.
This is true, but it would be nice to have it all readily available, including armor types and how they function. It would give us a much better idea of how unit interactions work, and make providing feedback much easier as well.
Postums wrote:
This is true, but it would be nice to have it all readily available, including armor types and how they function. It would give us a much better idea of how unit interactions work, and make providing feedback much easier as well.
Damage types are available in the public API. However armor types are not.

It is complicated we understand that, but having no information to having these numbers would be great for us, there's just no way in which I can think it's justified not to publish it.

Do it in waves, release flat hp/sp/speed per unit.
Then damage per weaponry per unit.
Then armor type per unit.
Then modifiers.
Then AoE data.
And so on.

But for the most part, the first 2 items I think we can agree would be good to have.
Postums wrote:
Damage types are available in the public API. However armor types are not.

It is complicated we understand that, but having no information to having these numbers would be great for us, there's just no way in which I can think it's justified not to publish it.

Do it in waves, release flat hp/sp/speed per unit.
Then damage per weaponry per unit.
Then armor type per unit.
Then modifiers.
Then AoE data.
And so on.

But for the most part, the first 2 items I think we can agree would be good to have.
The armour and damage types complicate things, maybe a bit too much.

I only first looked at the files 12 hours ago so I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure I understand how most things work now. It's built nearly identical to Halo Wars 1, most likely uses the same engine but highly modified, there's even some HW1 files still left around.

There's 32 different damage types (they are basically armour) examples being Light and Light In Cover and there's 1138 lines of code just for weapon types, weapon type examples being Basic, Leader Power and Anti Infantry.

Here's an example, Basic weapon type will do 1x damage to Light and 0.3x to Light In Cover. Anti Infantry weapon type will do 4x damage to Light and 1.7x to Light In Cover.
Postums wrote:
The armour and damage types complicate things, maybe a bit too much.

I only first looked at the files 12 hours ago so I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure I understand how most things work now. It's built nearly identical to Halo Wars 1, most likely uses the same engine but highly modified, there's even some HW1 files still left around.

There's 32 different damage types (they are basically armour) examples being Light and Light In Cover and there's 1138 lines of code just for weapon types, weapon type examples being Basic, Leader Power and Anti Infantry.

Here's an example, Basic weapon type will do 1x damage to Light and 0.3x to Light In Cover. Anti Infantry weapon type will do 4x damage to Light and 1.7x to Light In Cover.
Sorry, I didn't mean that post for you, it is actually directed to the devs. :-)
Doooo iiiit! Please. And gather the all in 1 post whrn you have reached grandmaster level. ;)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2