Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Free for all game mode!

OP Wasted WereWo1f

How fun and chaotic would it be if we had a free for all game mode. Tactics and strategy would be on a whole different level and bring an interesting twist to the game that it definitely needs!
It could be fun, why not? What can possibly go wrong?! hahaha
I could imagine a really cool type of FFA where 6 players are on a map that is divided into three sections. The match starts out as 3 separate 1v1s on the same map, and whenever a player is eliminated, a barrier between map sections comes down and intrudes upon a separate 1v1. Eventually, all barriers would be brought down, even if all 6 players are still alive and one would be victorious. Man, FFA for HW2 would be intense for sure.
If there's ever another major expansion like AtN then I'd want this gamemode for sure.
How fun and chaotic would it be if we had a free for all game mode. Tactics and strategy would be on a whole different level and bring an interesting twist to the game that it definitely needs!
Been asking for this since way before release, don’t think it’s gonna happen this halowars :(
I could imagine a really cool type of FFA where 6 players are on a map that is divided into three sections. The match starts out as 3 separate 1v1s on the same map, and whenever a player is eliminated, a barrier between map sections comes down and intrudes upon a separate 1v1. Eventually, all barriers would be brought down, even if all 6 players are still alive and one would be victorious. Man, FFA for HW2 would be intense for sure.
That’s an interesting idea. The map will have to be geometrically difficult though, as ensuring balance would be very hard.

I imagine a circular map with an inner circle inside as the only effective geometrical solution (imagine a front of a pokeball), but again while 2 pairs on the outer perimeter will be standing far away from each other, the guys on the inner circle would be fighting almost point-blank.

Plus this idea makes the second 1v1 player in the process of losing - an easy target for the winner of the first 1v1.
I actually think this would be a fantastic addition! Something to throw you off guard, a little fun into the mix.
What this game needs now is something that keeps us coming back for new stuff.
New modes, maps, weird balance changing sequences.
Something!
FFA would be so interesting. I guess it wouldn't work with playing with people though, would it?
Would it be just like the FPS games where they wouldn't allow you to play FFA with a friend in your party cause you could "team up"?
I'm just wondering because, in Halo Wars 2, your troops will attack anything. You'd have to carefully coordinate around one another to not run the risk of have one of your Cyclops to bash your buddy's wraiths.
Cool idea only one problem it might be a total lag fest
Cool idea only one problem it might be a total lag fest
What parts do you think would cause lag? Personally, I think it would function like a classic 3v3, only there are no teams. The only new addition would be the barriers, but I don't think that will contribute to any lag that already exists within the game.
I fully agree with the concept of a FFA gm. That'll put a twist on things and also get people to comeback/bring new people in. Also new comtent should be inplace as well, (not talking about leaders, plenty of those lmao) New maps could bring more life in and possibly more upgrades to units? This is a great game and I only want to see it grow!
I'd prefer a free for all game mode over the Yappening any day of the week
Great Idea!
And a 2v2v2 would be awesome too.
I'd settle for a 1 vs 1 vs 1 FFA mode, like a special weekend playlist similar to The Yappening. Same rules as normal Deathmatch, but all three players fight each other.

I think making it 2 vs 2 vs 2 sounds fun, but worry it would be lag-heavy.
If it were to happen, it would probably be the only instance where I look forward to downloading an update in this game aside from AtN. It sounds a lot better than half the playlists we have so far.