Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Game Crash On Any Unit Action

OP Sean0Mads1

After installing HW2 and getting into any game type when I select a unit and tell it to do something (RMB on a resource crate or attack an enemy or capture a point) the game crashes with no message. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times without success. I've updated Windows 10 to latest and NVIDIA drivers.
System information from GeForce Experience:
RTX 2060 v441.87
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770k CPU @3.50GHz
15.94 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 60Hz

I am able to do nearly everything in game, including selecting and ordering to move. If I have unit(s) selected, and RMB to give an order over something with a different icon (resource/enemy action order) the game crashes.
I am having the same issue. Game will start with no issue, and any match can be started. Single player or multiplayer, campaign or skirmish, does not matter. Units can be commanded to move, base buildings can be built. But commanding (a) unit(s) to attack, gather, capture, or use their ability causes the game to freeze then crash to desktop - no error message or any indication of crash acknowledgment.

Everything is up to date (Windows 10, NVIDIA drivers, game)

System information from GeForce Experience:
GeForce GTX 1070 v441.87
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400k CPU @3.10GHz
15.96 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 60Hz
You have to manually uninstall 2 of the 3 windows updates from yesterday then it works again (one is a security update that cant be removed)