Game Update & Sgt. Johnson DLC Release TODAY

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
FYI that the Halo Wars 2 game update and Sgt. Johnson DLC are now available.

Read more about Sgt. Johnson HERE.

As a reminder, the latest patch notes can be found HERE.

NOTE: As with prior releases, if the game update download appears frozen it's recommended you just leave it and be patient. It will eventually resume. If you perform a console reset it will typically result in the download immediately starting upon reboot BUT you will have to download the entire game again. The patch itself should be about 8GB.

thanks!
Thank you for the update on the release status.
Perfect thanks!

Now give us a ViDoc.
ske7ch wrote:
FYI that the Halo Wars 2 game update will begin rolling out at approx. 9AM PT today (Monday, 5/22).

You should get the game patch download right away but the Sgt. Johnson leader content can take upwards of 4+ hours to fully propagate across the marketplace. Please be aware that it is normal and expected that you will not be able to fully access the leader and/or units until this process has completed. Once the team has verified that the deployment is finished and working as intended we will publish our Sgt. Johnson launch blog on Waypoint and spread the word via our social channels. In the meantime please bear with us while this work takes place.

As a reminder, the latest patch notes can be found HERE.

thanks!
really apreciate it sketch i know we are a bit of a riot about this stuff..thanks for info
Thanks for this, this type of specificity eliminates lots of the confusion and anger among some people
OH YEA
I don't want to be that guy, but the update appears to be suffering from the same problem that the Colony update had: It's been stuck at 0% for 10+ minutes now.

I'm almost afraid of doing a hard-reset again because last time it made me install the entire game again and my system was bugged out.
Hype! Now to constantly refresh my xbox
Hype! Sounds good.

Edit : So it is just doing as usual : a pause of some minutes before continuing of downloading, saying the file is about 5.95 gb. So don't worry if it seems to not downloading anything for the first minutes.
Welp.. I did a hard-reset and low and behold it's reinstalling the entire game over again (28gb) and my system is appearing to have difficulties. :(
Thanks Ske7ch,can't wait for Johnson!
If the patch download appears frozen your best bet is to just leave it and be patient. It will eventually get going. If you perform a console reset and then try to resume the download you'll end up having to download the full game. The patch size is about 8GB total.
ske7ch wrote:
If the patch download appears frozen your best bet is to just leave it and be patient. It will eventually get going. If you perform a console reset and then try to resume the download you'll end up having to download the full game. The patch size is about 8GB total.
Will do in the future. It's just that every other game and update for those games will start almost immediately for me, so after waiting (at the point of reset) almost 20 minutes, I figured it was time.

Hopefully other people see this from you though before they do a reset as well.
ske7ch wrote:
Will do in the future. It's just that every other game and update for those games will start almost immediately for me, so after waiting (at the point of reset) almost 20 minutes, I figured it was time.

Not entirely sure what's going on here but in my own experience it's not limited to just Halo Wars 2. My download here did eventually kick in after about 10 min and completed pretty quickly. Last time I got impatient, reset my console, and had to download a full 27GB package. :(
ske7ch wrote:
ske7ch wrote:

Not entirely sure what's going on here but in my own experience it's not limited to just Halo Wars 2. My download here did eventually kick in after about 10 min and completed pretty quickly. Last time I got impatient, reset my console, and had to download a full 27GB package. :(
It's likely on the Xbox Live end of things (I've experienced many, many issues with Xbox Live on the Xbox One). I'm just happy that I have a decent internet connection and no cap on data (for now). It'll be done for me around the time Johnson is actually on the store.
28+ gb size....classic....frozen xbox, nothing cant run, power cycle, 28+ gb patch....like previous dlc:) Some things never changes;)
Anyway thx for new leader, but still wait campaign dlc exaly:(
Yep had to hard reset after 30min, installing full game now.
Is there an ETA of when the Johnson Leader pack will be available?
I presume Johnson comes with 2-3 achievements?
Was stuck at 0%, this is what worked for me(xbox):

Go to the update and push the menu button and pause the dl. Takes around 5 minutes for the screen to actually say "Paused". Once that happens, unpause the dl and it should start right up.

Now, whether this actually helps, or the dl would have started after 5 minutes anyway? I dont know,
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15