3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15
Teknishun wrote:
Is there something I can do so it doesn't download the entire game each update?

I've downloaded ~27GB the last 2 updates and now it's 28.22GB. That's going to take nearly a whole day.
Exactly thats exactly what its done with me it takes so long
How come my update is 28 GB? This is really pissing me off becuase this happened to my mate and he has really bad internet so he cant play it now. Fix this update glitch
Did you do a hard reset?
No ill try now
NO DON'T THST WILL MAKE YOU REINSTALL THE WHOLE GAME!!!!

When it comes to fixing your problem look through this thread, there are many ways to fix it people have shared
I didnt even have to hard reset it to get the 28 GB update, it was like that from the start great
How long is it going to take for the achievements tied go Johnson to go live?
I just played a match with Johnson and discovered, that the Mantis and Colossus stop firing when your Nightingale hits a smoke bomb on them. I don't think this is intentional!?
Fl4m3rX wrote:
I just played a match with Johnson and discovered, that the Mantis and Colossus stop firing when your Nightingale hits a smoke bomb on them. I don't think this is intentional!?
Smoke bomb stops all units from firing including yours. That's the nightingale's special ability. Keep your units out of the smoke bomb if you want them to continue firing.
Fl4m3rX wrote:
Smoke bomb stops all units from firing including yours. That's the nightingale's special ability. Keep your units out of the smoke bomb if you want them to continue firing.
I didn't notice this ever before with other units though. I could swear all other units kept firing but we're invisible during the smoke. But I'm no expert, I could definitely be wrong on this.
Fl4m3rX wrote:
Fl4m3rX wrote:
I didn't notice this ever before with other units though. I could swear all other units kept firing but we're invisible during the smoke. But I'm no expert, I could definitely be wrong on this.
It's a pretty handy ability if you're up against a mass of units or a scarab as you can stop them from creating any destruction of your bases or army, the invisible thing seems to be new but I might've have just overlooked it while playing.
I have the download completed and I have season pass. I am not able to play with the new dlc though. What should i do?
Glad this one came out on time, but the season was so short because colony was delayed a week. The seasons should last a bit longer, I wouldn't mind 6 weeks between content and seasons rather than 4, it's give y'all more time to fix bugs and -Yoink- anyways.
I have the download completed and I have season pass. I am not able to play with the new dlc though. What should i do?
Search for Sergeant Johnson in the Xbox Store, he should pop up and you can install him there
Not achiev' :/ i wait an update
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make discriminatory posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Lol, great to see the old "re-download the ENTIRE game again" update bug back. Specifically came here to check and see if this issue has been resolved so I can get back into the game. Good -Yoinking!- job you incompetent retards, it's been what 3 months since release and this issue STILL hasn't been -Yoinking!- fixed. Do you guys have even the slight -Yoinking!- idea how mind numbingly frustrating and annoying it is to pay $60 + on a game and not be able to play it cause EVERY SINGLE TIME IT NEEDS AN UPDATE YOU HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE -Yoinking!- GAME? For those of us with slow internet and data caps. This is essentially a game-breaking bug. Shame on you guys for not fixing this, it's BEYOND ridiculous that a problem as big as this slipped past QA, let alone certification LET ALONE 3 -Yoinking!- MONTHS of updates...
The only mind numbing thing is you ignoring all the posts saying the issue isn't something 343 can do anything about and is in fact an issue with Xbox/Xbox Live itself.

How do any of you people think they have anything to do with what the Xbox One decides to download?
That's just plain ridiculous and shame on you guys for blaming 343 for it.
Lol, great to see the old "re-download the ENTIRE game again" update bug back. Specifically came here to check and see if this issue has been resolved so I can get back into the game. Good -Yoinking!- job you incompetent retards, it's been what 3 months since release and this issue STILL hasn't been -Yoinking!- fixed. Do you guys have even the slight -Yoinking!- idea how mind numbingly frustrating and annoying it is to pay $60 + on a game and not be able to play it cause EVERY SINGLE TIME IT NEEDS AN UPDATE YOU HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE -Yoinking!- GAME? For those of us with slow internet and data caps. This is essentially a game-breaking bug. Shame on you guys for not fixing this, it's BEYOND ridiculous that a problem as big as this slipped past QA, let alone certification LET ALONE 3 -Yoinking!- MONTHS of updates...
The only mind numbing thing is you ignoring all the posts saying the issue isn't something 343 can do anything about and is in fact an issue with Xbox/Xbox Live itself.

How do any of you people think they have anything to do with what the Xbox One decides to download?
Can you link the post from xbox saying it is an issue on their end please? This may help the thread out to limit this types of complaints.
First bug of the new up date. The bug is regarding lag out in the middle of the game pretty frequent. this did not accrue at all until this sgt johnson update.
I cant see the new achievements..

Game is installed properly I can see the leader and have played him already.. but it says 100% achievements for me without mentioning the newly added ones.

Is there any solution for this?
Sooo... much... lore!!! So... badass!!!
I am very pleased with what I have read on this unit! The catch phrases reference Halo: Contact Harvest and his legendary unit references his time in the Spartan I program (I think it was talked about in Halo: First Strike, but correct me if I'm wrong)! I'm not certain, but one of the mechs seemed like it was the one featured in the Halo: Legends short "Prototype." I absolutely love how 343i tips the hat at the expanded universe from time to time! Please don't stop! Also, I loved your prelude Sketch!
TeamCarter wrote:

Can you link the post from xbox saying it is an issue on their end please? This may help the thread out to limit this types of complaints.
I haven't seen any official posts about it, but I've seen this issue with various other games as others have also said here. You can search the internet and find posts on various game forums about this same bug occurring with other games when restarting your console on a frozen update.

That said, the Xbox itself checks for title updates, these aren't in-game updates like Destiny and CoD have (along with title updates) that their software controls, so it's out of their hands as to whether you get just the update files or the entire game as the Xbox decides this not Halo Wars 2.

I've also had to re-download the entire game for this and last update, in my case both times everything stopped loading on my Xbox (Games & Apps wouldn't load anything so the mentioned pausing work-around wasn't an option and Hulu, Youtube, etc wouldn't open) so I forced a restart, I imagine thus causing a file corruption in Halo Wars 2 and therefore triggering a re-download of the entire game. For me this isn't all that big of a deal since I have a non-enforced TB data cap and can re-download the entire game in under 30 minutes, but I understand the frustration. Being on the Xbox One Alpha updates I expect issues to occur for me and I'm not too bothered by them (I recently had to reset my console from a system update failure), but they really do need to get on top of whatever is causing this game update issue.

On the side, I wonder how many people are using external drives, like I am, for their game storage and whether or not that is in part a factor.
Also whether or not those affected launched the game and initiated the update from the update prompt, or if some started it from "Games and Apps."
I don't know where to post this exactly.

But is anyone else getting more disconnects? I feel it happens so often now it makes the game unplayable. And when it makes everyone disconnect everyone gets added loss bonus so it makes it not only hard to play but also hard to try and push for rank.

Just seeing if it's isolated or more users are experiencing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15