3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15
TeamCarter wrote:
Lol, great to see the old "re-download the ENTIRE game again" update bug back. Specifically came here to check and see if this issue has been resolved so I can get back into the game. Good -Yoinking!- job you incompetent retards, it's been what 3 months since release and this issue STILL hasn't been -Yoinking!- fixed. Do you guys have even the slight -Yoinking!- idea how mind numbingly frustrating and annoying it is to pay $60 + on a game and not be able to play it cause EVERY SINGLE TIME IT NEEDS AN UPDATE YOU HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE -Yoinking!- GAME? For those of us with slow internet and data caps. This is essentially a game-breaking bug. Shame on you guys for not fixing this, it's BEYOND ridiculous that a problem as big as this slipped past QA, let alone certification LET ALONE 3 -Yoinking!- MONTHS of updates...
The only mind numbing thing is you ignoring all the posts saying the issue isn't something 343 can do anything about and is in fact an issue with Xbox/Xbox Live itself.

How do any of you people think they have anything to do with what the Xbox One decides to download?
That's just plain ridiculous and shame on you guys for blaming 343 for it.
Can you link the post from xbox saying it is an issue on their end please? This may help the thread out to limit this types of complaints.
I haven't seen any official posts about it, but I've seen this issue with various other games as others have also said here. You can search the internet and find posts on various game forums about this same bug occurring with other games when restarting your console on a frozen update.

That said, the Xbox itself checks for title updates, these aren't in-game updates like Destiny and CoD have (along with title updates) that their software controls, so it's out of their hands as to whether you get just the update files or the entire game as the Xbox decides this not Halo Wars 2.

I've also had to re-download the entire game for this and last update, in my case both times everything stopped loading on my Xbox (Games & Apps wouldn't load anything so the mentioned pausing work-around wasn't an option and Hulu, Youtube, etc wouldn't open) so I forced a restart, I imagine thus causing a file corruption in Halo Wars 2 and therefore triggering a re-download of the entire game. For me this isn't all that big of a deal since I have a non-enforced TB data cap and can re-download the entire game in under 30 minutes, but I understand the frustration. Being on the Xbox One Alpha updates I expect issues to occur for me and I'm not too bothered by them (I recently had to reset my console from a system update failure), but they really do need to get on top of whatever is causing this game update issue.

On the side, I wonder how many people are using external drives, like I am, for their game storage and whether or not that is in part a factor.
Also whether or not those affected launched the game and initiated the update from the update prompt, or if some started it from "Games and Apps."
I'll mention my experience last night trying to download. I mentioned it earlier in this thread but didn't go into great detail. I could have been just lucky, but maybe this will work for others and save players some time and get to what we all want... playing and continuing enjoying it.

It froze on me yesterday at 0% and i tried to pause it. It was not pausing for me though, it was locked. Instead of doing a hard reset I just used my controller to turn off the xbox then turn it back on roughly 15 second after.

Now when it came on it started trying to download the decimus pack, no idea about that but it allowed me to pause it. Right after that it started the 8GB download. At this time I have not experienced an issues with the game.

Hope this helps for for future and anyone who currently trying to download and having issues.
Any word on when the 3 new achievements will be live?
I have had the DLC for about 36 hrs and Sgt Johnson shows as locked but "purchasable" in the store. I pull up the store and am told "Looks like you already own this Hope you're enjoying it." There needs to be an option "Not showing in inventory" to flag an error in the system.
I have had the DLC for about 36 hrs and Sgt Johnson shows as locked but "purchasable" in the store. I pull up the store and am told "Looks like you already own this Hope you're enjoying it." There needs to be an option "Not showing in inventory" to flag an error in the system.
check to see if he's actually installed you have it you just might not have installed it
LilBankz41 wrote:
check to see if he's actually installed you have it you just might not have installed it
Tru dat, not listed under manage game! Is this where I have uninstall the main game & reinstall?
LilBankz41 wrote:
Tru dat, not listed under manage game! Is this where I have uninstall the main game & reinstall?
it should be in the ready to install area thats where i found mine
The update has deleted all my campaign progress.
LilBankz41 wrote:
LilBankz41 wrote:
it should be in the ready to install area thats where i found mine
Bingo! As soon as I clicked the update, was available, thanx
Absolutely love this dlc! Probably my favourite leader now, I just love stomping around the battlefield with a load of mechs, its brilliant lol good old Sgt Johnson. Will there be any achievements for this?
Absolutely love this dlc! Probably my favourite leader now, I just love stomping around the battlefield with a load of mechs, its brilliant lol good old Sgt Johnson. Will there be any achievements for this?
Yeah.. I am also waiting for the achievements.

They arent released yet to be unlocked but already mentioned in the Update Notes...
Haha! I called it! I knew that concept art in the vidoc wasn't for nothing! So excited for this! Now to spam mantises on HW2!
TYRELL zx wrote:

They arent released yet to be unlocked but already mentioned in the Update Notes...
you sure about that? none of the patch notes have anything about achievements.

they simply aren't there.
heIIy wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
Here are the three new Achievements that will be added to Halo Wars 2 with the Sergeant Johnson DLC:
  • "Am I right, Marines?" - Win 3 matches as Sgt. Johnson (Multiplayer, Skirmish or Blitz)
  • "I dont do bits and pieces" - Use Healing Beacon special ability 15 times (Multiplayer, Skirmish or Blitz)
  • "For a brick, he flew pretty good!" - Kill 50 infantry units with the Colossus' Stomp ability (Multiplayer, Skirmish or Blitz)
I also am curious as to when the achievements will go live.
TYRELL zx wrote:

Thanks for the info! I was hoping there would be some
TYRELL zx wrote:
heIIy wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
Here are the three new Achievements that will be added to Halo Wars 2 with the Sergeant Johnson DLC:
  • "Am I right, Marines?" - Win 3 matches as Sgt. Johnson (Multiplayer, Skirmish or Blitz)
  • "I dont do bits and pieces" - Use Healing Beacon special ability 15 times (Multiplayer, Skirmish or Blitz)
  • "For a brick, he flew pretty good!" - Kill 50 infantry units with the Colossus' Stomp ability (Multiplayer, Skirmish or Blitz)
except on the update notes, on this very forum, they aren't anywhere. so i have no idea where you found those.
I also am curious as to when the achievements will go live.
They might be live now. I'm not at my Xbox to check, but they are now showing up in my service record on Waypoint.
heIIy wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
heIIy wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
except on the update notes, on this very forum, they aren't anywhere. so i have no idea where you found those.
The achievements can be found on the "announcement/welcome" page for Sgt. Johnson on this site, Halo Waypoint, here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/welcome-sgt-johnson
But don't appear to have been included in the actual update since they're still not showing up.
Was seriously considering buying the Sgt Johnson dlc, but after messaging good 1v1 players on Twitch - he`s simply not good enough to compete
with the Bannished Leaders, so could only be used in fun matches.
Apart from Cutter, when will you release a decent UNSC Leader capable of winning decent ranked matches?
The heavily nerfed Kinsano, Anders and Forge (dodge the scatter bomb) all need serious buffs.
Was seriously considering buying the Sgt Johnson dlc, but after messaging good 1v1 players on Twitch - he`s simply not good enough to compete
with the Bannished Leaders, so could only be used in fun matches.
Apart from Cutter, when will you release a decent UNSC Leader capable of winning decent ranked matches?
The heavily nerfed Kinsano, Anders and Forge (dodge the scatter bomb) all need serious buffs.
He really is good early game, mid to late game he is just garbage. The mechs really need work, they don't justify cost vs damage dealt. I may have not learned the play style yet, but he definitely feels weak.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15