[Locked] Game Update Today - 6/28

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
All units! At last the time has come for the June update! If you're just joining us and haven't been through this in prior months here's a quick reminder of how things will go down today.

1. Starting at approx. 9AM PT the team will start deploying the game PATCH to Xbox One and Win10. Expect this to start rolling out within the hour and you'll get prompted to download the update. Today's update is approx. 9GB. You can find the patch notes HERE.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Often there appears to be issues with the download going extremely slow or seemingly freezing entirely - LET IT GO. Eventually it will kick back in and usually even if it shows no progress it is actually downloading in the background. Be warned that if you interrupt the download you will almost certainly be forced to download THE ENTIRE GAME when you launch Halo Wars 2 again. This seems to be a pretty common situation so the best thing to do is just be patient and let that original patch download do it's thing.

2. At the same time the team kicks off the publishing process for the new leader DLC - Jerome & Arbiter. This process can take many hours to fully complete and you won't be able to install the new leaders until it has fully completed. During the time between the patch and the DLC getting fully propagated you may see some of the new cards show up in your collection but it's normal and expected that the full leaders won't be unlocked or able to be used yet. Historically we've seen it take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours for this content publish to complete so please hang tight and we'll let you know as soon as it's all ready to go. Once verified we'll light up @Halo on Twitter and Facebook with the Arbiter-Jerome trailer and publish the launch blog on Waypoint.

3. This time we're doing things slightly different. There's a third step that will occur TOMORROW, 6/29, that involves the final round of balance updates getting pushed live to the game. This all takes place service-side and will not require a patch download. I expect this to occur tomorrow morning but will update once those details are locked. We'll also post those detailed balance notes as soon as the team hands them over later today. Stay tuned!

Thanks for playing Halo Wars 2 and we can't wait to unleash these fixes, improvements, balance tweaks and new leaders! See you online.
Woot! Am fired up for this. Please let the new leaders be awesome!
I'm so pumped! Thanks man!
ske7ch wrote:
All units! At last the time has come for the June update! If you're just joining us and haven't been through this in prior months here's a quick reminder of how things will go down today.

1. Starting at approx. 8AM PT the team will start deploying the game PATCH to Xbox One and Win10. Expect this to start rolling out within the hour and you'll get prompted to download the update. You can find the patch notes HERE.IMPORTANT NOTE: Often there appears to be issues with the download going extremely slow or seemingly freezing entirely - LET IT GO. Eventually it will kick back in and usually even if it shows no progress it is actually downloading in the background. Be warned that if you interrupt the download you will almost certainly be forced to download THE ENTIRE GAME when you launch Halo Wars 2 again. This seems to be a pretty common situation so the best thing to do is just be patient and let that original patch download do it's thing.

2. At the same time the team kicks off the publishing process for the new leader DLC - Jerome & Arbiter. This process can take many hours to fully complete and you won't be able to install the new leaders until it has fully completed. During the time between the patch and the DLC getting fully propagated you may see some of the new cards show up in your collection but it's normal and expected that the full leaders won't be unlocked or able to be used yet. Historically we've seen it take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours for this content publish to complete so please hang tight and we'll let you know as soon as it's all ready to go. Once verified we'll light up @Halo on Twitter and Facebook with the Arbiter-Jerome trailer and publish the launch blog on Waypoint.

3. This time we're doing things slightly different. There's a third step that will occur TOMORROW, 6/29, that involves the final round of balance updates getting pushed live to the game. This all takes place service-side and will not require a patch download. I expect this to occur tomorrow morning but will update once those details are locked. We'll also post those detailed balance notes as soon as the team hands them over later today. Stay tuned!

Thanks for playing Halo Wars 2 and we can't wait to unleash these fixes, improvements, balance tweaks and new leaders! See you online.
Looking forward to it. Can't wait to try out the new leaders
New leaders and new balancing.

It's like Christmas in June!
Waiting on people to complain about how long the download is taking in 3.... 2..... 1.....
Can't wait for tomorrow!!
I see nothing about choppers in there
Thanks Ske7ch! Very excited for Jerome to take command. Let's hope the Market place flows smoothly today so we don't have to wait all day lol.

Again, thank you Ske7ch for all that work you put in to let us all know what's up. Pushing those devs around for those patch notes really makes a difference around here. Sure makes a lot of us happier. Thanks 👍🏼
HobbinGuy wrote:
Waiting on people to complain about how long the download is taking in 3.... 2..... 1.....
Can you blame people for being upset about having to install the entire game over again every single patch? Especially when many people are on limited plans or don't have the best internet?

Hell that's not even stating how the PS4 and Xbox One bottlenecks download speed (sometimes I get 1/60th of the down speed on the Xbox/PS4 vs my PC).
I see nothing about choppers in there
That's not the balance notes, we're getting those notes later today and the changes will be in effect tomorrow.
HobbinGuy wrote:
Can you blame people for being upset about having to install the entire game over again every single patch? Especially when many people are on limited plans or don't have the best internet?

Hell that's not even stating how the PS4 and Xbox One bottlenecks download speed (sometimes I get 1/60th of the down speed on the Xbox/PS4 vs my PC).
Tbh I can understand the people's frustration. My internet isn't too fast, and I've made the hard reset mistake before. Kinda ruined my day.

It's a good thing that ske7ch shared the problems that arise if you do that. Hopefully people have less of that specific issue.
Follow these steps for a happier experience with the update:

1. PAUSE DOWNLOAD in manage game tab

2. WAIT a few for the game to say paused

3. START DOWNLOAD and it should start

*Note: (if you turn off your console you WILL be downloading the entire game all over again. Don't do that, it's 30gb+)**
Thats rite Ske7ch thats how you do things, can't wait to get it cracking later!!
HobbinGuy wrote:

So my understanding -- and what Sketch says above -- is that you don't have to redownload the entire game if you let the patch have time to download properly. If you cancel the patch, THEN you have to redownload the entire game.
Hype hype hype!!
PT timezone + network propagation, I got to add 1 day to every patches and DLCs release. Just saying :)
HobbinGuy wrote:

Tbh I can understand the people's frustration. My internet isn't too fast, and I've made the hard reset mistake before. Kinda ruined my day.

It's a good thing that ske7ch shared the problems that arise if you do that. Hopefully people have less of that specific issue.
It's not just the case of resetting though. There's a multitude of people that posted claims in the thread last time, as well as in the support forum that as soon as they initiated the patch it was the full game download (no hard reset or anything).

I agree it's good to have shared that it's a potential cause of the problem, but it's not the only time it does occur. People have every right to complain about the patch downloads, especially since in my experience of well over a hundred games played between the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC (can't remember if Xbox, PS2 had updates, if so over 200 games), Nintendo DS/3DS I've never had such a problem aside from HW2.
HobbinGuy wrote:
HobbinGuy wrote:

So my understanding -- and what Sketch says above -- is that you don't have to redownload the entire game if you let the patch have time to download properly. If you cancel the patch, THEN you have to redownload the entire game.
Read my reply to Breezy. It's not the only time as evidenced by the multitude of claims from the previous updates where people have such an issue on the initial patch. No hard reset. No pause. Just starting up their consoles and having to install the entire game over again.
HobbinGuy wrote:
HobbinGuy wrote:

Read my reply to Breezy. It's not the only time as evidenced by the multitude of claims from the previous updates where people have such an issue on the initial patch. No hard reset. No pause. Just starting up their consoles and having to install the entire game over again.
This is an ongoing issue that our team is continuing to work closely with the Marketplace team on. Unfortunately it seems out of our hands but I'm told that folks are aware and working on longer term solutions. This isn't unique to Halo Wars 2, I actually had to re-download all of Halo 5 last week when it should've been a ~1GB patch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5