2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
HobbinGuy wrote:
HobbinGuy wrote:
Waiting on people to complain about how long the download is taking in 3.... 2..... 1.....
Can you blame people for being upset about having to install the entire game over again every single patch? Especially when many people are on limited plans or don't have the best internet?

Hell that's not even stating how the PS4 and Xbox One bottlenecks download speed (sometimes I get 1/60th of the down speed on the Xbox/PS4 vs my PC).
So my understanding -- and what Sketch says above -- is that you don't have to redownload the entire game if you let the patch have time to download properly. If you cancel the patch, THEN you have to redownload the entire game.
Read my reply to Breezy. It's not the only time as evidenced by the multitude of claims from the previous updates where people have such an issue on the initial patch. No hard reset. No pause. Just starting up their consoles and having to install the entire game over again.
Yeah, if that's happening without any reset or pause, that is very annoying/aggravating.
HobbinGuy wrote:
Waiting on people to complain about how long the download is taking in 3.... 2..... 1.....
Can you blame people for being upset about having to install the entire game over again every single patch? Especially when many people are on limited plans or don't have the best internet?

Hell that's not even stating how the PS4 and Xbox One bottlenecks download speed (sometimes I get 1/60th of the down speed on the Xbox/PS4 vs my PC).
I thought I was the only one to experience significantly slower downloads on my Xbox. Everything else downloads in between 2.5-3 MB/s but Xbox I'll be lucky to hit 1 MB/s, usually hovers around 800 KB/s.
Thanks sketch and 343i for the updates and communication. Excited to play the new leaders and excited for the future dlc as well.
ske7ch wrote:
All units! At last the time has come for the June update! If you're just joining us and haven't been through this in prior months here's a quick reminder of how things will go down today.

1. Starting at approx. 9AM PT the team will start deploying the game PATCH to Xbox One and Win10. Expect this to start rolling out within the hour and you'll get prompted to download the update. Today's update is approx. 9GB. You can find the patch notes HERE.
Hey Ske7ch thanks for this! And please pass along a thanks to all the devs too!

Also a personal request to the devs. I noticed from e3 that the firefight mode was played on red team. This is the same for blitz firefight too. I personally love blue team (thanks Rooster Teeth) and am hoping you can pass along a request that they give us the option to play as either team in firefight since we're all playing a common ai enemy anyway, colors shouldn't matter. Please and thank you!
Danpage617 wrote:
HobbinGuy wrote:

I thought I was the only one to experience significantly slower downloads on my Xbox. Everything else downloads in between 2.5-3 MB/s but Xbox I'll be lucky to hit 1 MB/s, usually hovers around 800 KB/s.
Nah, you're definitely not the only one. I sometimes get up to 60+ MB/s on my PC and download stuff instantly, but Xbox One varies all over the place. It'll go from 29 MB/s down to 700 KB back up to 60+, down to nothing, etc. etc. The PS4 is just as frustrating. It'll start at some 20-30 MB/s, then as time goes on it'll start slowing and slowing until it's at like 200 KB. If I turn off the PS4 and turn it back on it'll jump back up to 20-30 and start to slow again. I have to turn it off and on like 10 times to download stuff now.
ske7ch wrote:
This is an ongoing issue that our team is continuing to work closely with the Marketplace team on. Unfortunately it seems out of our hands but I'm told that folks are aware and working on longer term solutions. This isn't unique to Halo Wars 2, I actually had to re-download all of Halo 5 last week when it should've been a ~1GB patch.
Appreciate it, just pointing out that people certainly have reason to complain about it, especially with all the other issues they may face. Just in my experience of 100-200+ games I've only had the issue with Halo Wars 2 on every update-- Course there could be others for all I know.
am being forced to download the entire game yay....all thanks to the xbox completely locking up on me and the download also didnt even start....was staying stuck at 0%....find a way that doesn't screw people over because of the xbox being a -yoink- because re-downloading 30gb a time, where I had not been forced to restart my console in the previous 2 updates to trigger that situation...is completely and utterly ridiculous. This is going to be my last halo game as it is, when you have a studio head that thinks its ok to cut story down to sell it as other forms of media just to make more profit (weather its MS pushing it or not) that's a problem, and last I counted 343 have only made 2 games themselves.... so how are they telling too much story in em? You guys didn't make the franchise, and honestly haven't brought much to the table with what you have done.... creative assembly made this game...you just had control over direction, and made it weaker than the original. Just try and work with CA to find a better patching process that doesn't mean I have to re-download the entire game again after this...
am being forced to download the entire game yay....all thanks to the xbox completely locking up on me and the download also didnt even start....was staying stuck at 0%....find a way that doesn't screw people over because of the xbox being a -yoink- because re-downloading 30gb a time, where I had not been forced to restart my console in the previous 2 updates to trigger that situation...is completely and utterly ridiculous. This is going to be my last halo game as it is, when you have a studio head that thinks its ok to cut story down to sell it as other forms of media just to make more profit (weather its MS pushing it or not) that's a problem, and last I counted 343 have only made 2 games themselves.... so how are they telling too much story in em? You guys didn't make the franchise, and honestly haven't brought much to the table with what you have done.... creative assembly made this game...you just had control over direction, and made it weaker than the original. Just try and work with CA to find a better patching process that doesn't mean I have to re-download the entire game again after this...
Should've known buddy. Look at my earlier post for future reference...

Thank you.. For that..
NK ME wrote:
Follow these steps for a happier experience with the update:

1. PAUSE DOWNLOAD in manage game tab

2. WAIT a few for the game to say paused

3. START DOWNLOAD and it should start

*Note: (if you turn off your console you WILL be downloading the entire game all over again. Don't do that, it's 30gb+)**
Not to spam this, but try this next time. It may actually get the game downloading for you.

Just trying to help 👍🏼
NK ME wrote:

*Note: (if you turn off your console you WILL be downloading the entire game all over again. Don't do that, it's 30gb+)**
I just did that trying to my marketplace to work. Stupid internet. Marketplace works, though.
NK ME wrote:
NK ME wrote:

Not to spam this, but try this next time. It may actually get the game downloading for you.

Just trying to help 👍🏼
This ^^^^^

Works every time. Thank you to whoever found this out.

Note*** It took it longer than last time to actually pause. I almost had given up and just let it sit at 0 to see if it would download. Checked after a few minutes and it did pause, hit resume and it's downloading.
HobbinGuy wrote:
Hahaha truth.

I plan on getting home, turning Xbox on immediately, start download, and walk away...

Then ill periodically check through the night for the new leaders, but won't obviously be able to play until tomorrow (hopefully). Then I'll probably "get sick" and have to skip the family 4th of July party this Saturday... "Cough cough" it's coming on now...

"no that's ok honey, you go ahead and take the kids without me... I'll be fine here taking care of myself. Just gonna rest."
NK ME wrote:
Should've known buddy. Look at my earlier post for future reference...

Thank you.. For that..
That was before I saw this had no access even to edge on my box...... And as I stated I have been forced to re-download the entire game before without this issue on the previous 2 updates (could of been more than just those) point is its not efficient or user friendly.
I've never had an issue with having to re-download the game. Maybe it's because my expectations are different?! I dunno.

I expect it will take a long time to download, so I don't sit there and stare at it for 20 minutes and then get mad when it's still at 0% and do a hard reset.

I was on 0% last update for about 30 minutes. When I came back 15 minutes later it had jumped up to about 70%.

So maybe patience is key here? I dunno. Just my suggestion.
Been going over a half hour and still stuck at 0%. In the mean time was trying to uninstall a few games, but it doesn't work. Tried the pausing trick and it doesn't work. In fact, nothing works on my system aside from navigation. *sigh* I'll give it another half hour, but it shouldn't take 20+ min to just pause an installation.
Been going over a half hour and still stuck at 0%. In the mean time was trying to uninstall a few games, but it doesn't work. Tried the pausing trick and it doesn't work. In fact, nothing works on my system aside from navigation. *sigh* I'll give it another half hour, but it shouldn't take 20+ min to just pause an installation.
Yeah the update hasn't started for me either. Tired the pausing trick and it ironically hasn't started the update for me. Idk why it's not working this time.. Guess I'll just leave it for a hour or so :/
Literally as soon as I posted that it started. I pressed the pause button a few time and nothing. But I just watched my screen freak out and now it's going strong 👍🏼

JUST WAIT PEOPLE. It's better than the 30gb download. It's all on you if you restart it.
I am beyond excited for this update, but I'm curious...O didn't see anything in the patch notes directly addressing Achievements not unlocking or failing to track achievement progress? Does anyone know if this was in the patch notes somewhere or if it was addressed with this update? Thanks!
Excited for new content but I thought the development team promised us they'd fix people constantly backing out of match making. A handful of the "top" players dodge like it's going out of style. Glad there is going to be extra balance changes though. But please for the love of god fix the dodging
Excited for new content but I thought the development team promised us they'd fix people constantly backing out of match making. A handful of the "top" players dodge like it's going out of style. Glad there is going to be extra balance changes though. But please for the love of god fix the dodging
They did. Player rank and name are both hidden in the pregame lobby. So dodging might still exist but it'll be a shot in the dark each time you dodge since you won't know who it is.
They did. Player rank and name are both hidden in the pregame lobby. So dodging might still exist but it'll be a shot in the dark each time you dodge since you won't know who it is.
I didn't see that at all, I'll go re read the notes. Thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5