Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Getting back into the game

OP LLxBLUxJ

So, I took a long break from the game several months ago. Been playing some campaign and skirmish today getting back into things. Wanted to know how is the balance of the game right now and also what's the online population looking like. Is it worth getting back into? Also, can someone catch me up on things, what's the hero tier list looking like and the most common strategies these day?
LLxBLUxJ wrote:
So, I took a long break from the game several months ago. Been playing some campaign and skirmish today getting back into things. Wanted to know how is the balance of the game right now and also what's the online population looking like. Is it worth getting back into? Also, can someone catch me up on things, what's the hero tier list looking like and the most common strategies these day?
The balance from my point of view is okay to say the least. I know 1v1s are balanced but I haven’t had issues in 2v2/3v3s aside from mass banshee/vulture plays. Even then those are preventable with certain measures.

I play during the early morning hours (12-2AM CST) and have no problem finding games.

L1am Wh1te made a comprehensive guide for players at all skill levels which is on his YouTube channel S1r L1am. It’s on his latest video. (it’s a spreadsheet with a BUNCH of useful information)

Hope to see you on the battlefield :)