Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Give me your Hardest AI Challenges!

OP FriendlyData

Hello everyone.

My friend and I are looking for very difficult challenges against the AI. I would prefer ideas in the form of 2v2 or 2v3. An example of one of the ones we have done in the past. We turned on all the negative skulls [expect Pestilence because that just ruins the challange] in a 2v3 against a legendary AI and we would limit ourselves to only using grunts/marines.

I'm open to what everyone can come up with!

Thanks in advance!
Hello everyone.

My friend and I are looking for very difficult challenges against the AI. I would prefer ideas in the form of 2v2 or 2v3. An example of one of the ones we have done in the past. We turned on all the negative skulls [expect Pestilence because that just ruins the challange] in a 2v3 against a legendary AI and we would limit ourselves to only using grunts/marines.

I'm open to what everyone can come up with!

Thanks in advance!
Well I beat 3legendary by myself pretty easy so I don’t think anything anyone says will be a challenge
Only build engineers and use leader powers, only 5 Engis max per person.
3v1 legendary AI is where it gets hard in my experience. Assuming you take one out right off the bat you've still got 2 more to get and they're generally T2 by then. You could split your forces and try to cripple 2 AIs but then you might not get either base.

All circumstance of course. But yeah, I'd say 3v1 legendary AI is where it begins. Then once that's done get on them skulls.
Try 2v3 Legendary with 500 starting Supply and 0 Power!
or
Try with 0 supply and 0 power (You will have to scavenge before you build like nomads)

**I use to play like this back in the day on Age of Empires II
You are only allowed to build T3 units until this time you can only defend .
Have fun.
You can only using 60 population, no rushing and you can’t use leader powers and the AI which kind of sucks must be on legendary ( this is a very stupid idea)
Challenge: Getting Buffed (Note: All the bold parts are the challenge itself, the rest are just details)

3v3. You can't use any units or leader powers that can heal, and you may only use units that have been upgraded individually(Such as you can't use a banshee unless it has been upgraded at least once, same with marines, etc. This does not include vehicle/air/infantry upgrade. The upgrade must be tied to the unit itself. Example you can't use grunts unless you get the spike grenades upgrade) If a unit doesn't have an upgrade available you can't use it. The only exception to this rule is your starting units which you can make full use of without needing upgrades. The AI difficulty requirement is up to you, my friends and I are no pros but we're also not smart so we attempted this on Legendary AI and it took us 2 hours before we said its impossible. Have fun :)
Challenge: Last Man Standing.
You can only have 1 unit on the field at any given time. The units you receive at the beginning must be killed as soon as possible. In the case of Jerome being played, Omega team cannot be dropped, but his mantis is fine as it is still technically 1 unit. Leader power based reinforcements cannot be dropped.
You may play any leader of your choice but the A.I. must be on Heroic or Legendary. Skulls optional.

Extra challenge mode: The unit cannot be a Hero.
There is always the "You've got a case of the Birley": Destroy your base in the first 5 minutes of the skirmish against legendary AI and win. You can make that two minutes if you want.
Play a 2 v 3 against legendary AI and you can only build jackrabbits while not being able to use leader drops. If you beat that then you're ready.
The only thing I have found to be a challenge is fighting 3v3, by yourself when the other players quit on you. If everyone stays, its a WIN every time. If one quits, its a little bit of a challenge, but if both your team mates quit after say 7 to 10 minutes of game play, it can be a challenge to get the AI down to a 1v1, then... you got it made again.
I would consider this one almost impossible, but maybe you could do it :P

Step one: Easy AI
Step two: you aren't allowed to build anything. At all. Ever. All you have is your starting squads. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to take down the easy AI with only those two squads and no support, abilities, healing, etc.

Good luck .-.
Beat ai with yapyap army no powers that don't have grunt's same 4 troops. No healing not even using leader y ability, passive are ok that powers that are grunt powered like grunt recover, turrents, mines. No shield beam or gas.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Voridus with Engis and Grunts and Colony with Skittered Engis and Grunts vs 2 or 3 Legendary AI.
I got a idea you can only win by not using any leader powers or heroes, you can’t rush the enemy ( let’s say you can attack after 6 minuets and until then you can only be defensive ), you can’t fully upgrade anything ( not even any universal upgrades like infantry upgrade 3 for example), you can only have a population of 40 and the AI has to be on legendary and if the unit doesn’t have an available upgrade you can’t use it ( to be clear you can use scorpions but can’t upgrade them and units like the vulture is banned as it doesn’t have any of its own upgrades.)
Build only your hero unit. Me and my buddies do this all the time. call it HvE, Heroes vs Everything
TNT wither
[halo wars 2] use only your leader unit and non-unit spawning leader powers on legendary. Can’t use anything that places a unit at all.
[halo wars 1](covenant only) only use your leader unit and it’s ability and nothing else on legendary(a lot harder than halo wars 2 because only one leader ability.
you can have any number of allies and enemies, feel free with that part. For difficulty I recommend at most 1 ally with you(in halo wars 2 make them as bad as possible) and at least 2 enemies.
Here is a hard/fun one, Pacifist: in a 1v1 AI match, defeat your enemy and kill less than 5 enemy units total.