[Locked] Goliath Rush OP?

OP HowsTheCow00

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Suicide grunts are very effective against goliath, let them roll up on your base and you can kill all of them at once with 3 sui.
I can not beat Goliaths in any match-made game. Sometimes they just come in early and destroy my base.
Locke2600 wrote:
I can not beat Goliaths in any match-made game. Sometimes they just come in early and destroy my base.
That's why it's good to scout to see if he has a barracks or two; and see what he is building. If he is building Goliaths you can take some proper measures to counter it. Suicide grunts, grunt squads and choppers if banished, flamethrowers, marines and snipers work good if unsc.
Locke2600 wrote:
Me and a bud managed to stop an around 8 units strong goliath rush with just a bunch of grunts right by his base, if you see the enemy building them just get a -Yoink- load of core infantry eventually with nades for the aoe and they will get melted
Locke2600 wrote:
I've found that the best way to beat Goliaths, is to catch them out in the open. If a decent amount of them get to your base, with support from Engineer Swarm, you're going to lose your base.

You gotta scout Colony players and prepare accordingly.

For UNSC, I would recommend Hellbringers/Cryos, maybe throw in some Marines, as well.

For Banished, Choppers do okay. Upgraded Grunts and some Suicide Grunts also do pretty well.

But remember, you have to catch them in the open. If they reach your base, it's probably GG.

Hope this helps!
I don't think it's overpowered. It just fits the description when you select Colony "hard hitting heavy frontline units".

You just need to scout often and intercept them before they reach your base. Also if they have a barracks and nothing comes out, chances are the base is locked down with many Goliaths inside.

But yeah, you cannot let them get to your base untouched because you are basically finished if they do. Even 4 turrets might not stop them in time. However if you do intercept them and kill them, it's a game winner for you since the Colony player will be broke.

Worst case scenario, you have to focus fire a single Goliath at a time. You have to do this or the engineer swarm will keep them all alive. Focus 1 target at a time to minimize the healing.
My enemy got about 9 Goliaths and was at my Base - I never saw them retreating so fast after my suicide Grunts left the Base :D
lJGl Fox wrote:
draycole wrote:
Getting out 3 Goliaths and at enemy base in 2 minutes does seem a bit much
Lol if they do that their eco will be terrible
You can only do it if you go barracks first, so yeah, it's pretty much suicide. Should get scouted and wrecked easily. Once dealt with it's an economic auto win.
Most people panic at that point, even still you can easily handicap their eco, with those goliaths.
And from when I've done it, I don't suffer much eco issues
Yea, its broken. I think goliath damage needs a drastic reduction.
Um, no. Just no.

If you allow an opponent to get a substantial amount of Goliaths to your base, that is 100% your fault.

Goliaths lose to just about everything in the game.

Hellbringers, Cryo-Troopers, Suicide Grunts, upgraded Marines, upgraded Grunts, Choppers, Ghosts, most heros, Enforcers, and even Jackrabbits beat Goliaths.

Scout, prepare accordingly, catch them in the open, and you'll be fine. Again, if you're allowing Goliaths to reach your base, that is your fault. Goliaths are fairly well balanced. I would like to see them have a longer build time, but that's just me.

If you don't believe me, I will gladly show you how to fend of Goliaths.
Um, no. Just no.

If you allow an opponent to get a substantial amount of Goliaths to your base, that is 100% your fault.

Hellbringers, Cryo-Troopers, Suicide Grunts, upgraded Marines, upgraded Grunts, Choppers, Ghosts, most heros, Enforcers, and even Jackrabbits beat Goliaths.

Scout, prepare accordingly, catch them in the open, and you'll be fine. Again, if you're allowing Goliaths to reach your base, that is your fault. Goliaths are fairly well balanced. I would like to see them have a longer build time, but that's just me.

I agree as I build only a few Goliaths with a skitter each to scout and paralyze a full Tec rusher to push out hogs and find myself never really rushing Goliaths as I dont find them OP as they are easy to deal with, unless they reach your base but only because of Engineer Swarm they cant be stopped.
Um, no. Just no.

Clearly, you haven't played against a high-level Colony player.
Um, no. Just no.

Le sigh. I always enjoy when someone resorts to this "argument" when I disagree with them. I've seen it time and time again.

Exhibit A: "You don't think Banshees are OP?! You've clearly never played anyone good"

Exhibit B: "You don't think Enforcers are OP?! You've just never played a good Arby".

And now, Exhibit C: "clearly, you've never played against a high-level Colony player".

This is such a weak, sad argument.

Anyways, back on track. You've provided nothing of substance and are unable to back up your claims, whatsoever. I suggest working on a better way to present your case.

I extend to you and invitation to prove me wrong. I will gladly show you how to beat Goliaths; it's very simple once you understand the game and its mechanics.
Um, no. Just no.

Le sigh. I always enjoy when someone resorts to this "argument" when I disagree with them. I've seen it time and time again.

Exhibit A: "You don't think Banshees are OP?! You've clearly never played anyone good"

Exhibit B: "You don't think Enforcers are OP?! You've just never played a good Arby".

And now, Exhibit C: "clearly, you've never played against a high-level Colony player".

Anyways, back on track. You've provided nothing of substance and are unable to back up your claims, whatsoever. I suggest working on a better way to present your case.

I extend to you and invitation to prove me wrong. I will gladly show you how to beat Goliaths; it's very simple once you understand the game and its mechanics.
Heck, I get excited when I see that colony is doing some sort of Goliath rush. Most of them are very easy to stop, but if it's done extremely well it is harder to stop, but very much possible to stop nevertheless. It is good to scout to see what kind of rush they are doing(goliaths by themselves or with a skitter attatched which takes longer) and reacting accordingly with proper units and a scout to see their path. If there are teleports he will probably use them. Goliaths are slow so it's easy to figure out where they are with proper scouting. Sad Joker is a high level player who would probably gladly help others in becoming better players, and I assure you, he knows what he's talking about. I find myself to definitely be an above average player and he wiped the floor with me like I was a mop. It was a learning experience :D.
Um, no. Just no.

Heck, I get excited when I see that colony is doing some sort of Goliath rush. Most of them are very easy to stop, but if it's done extremely well it is harder to stop, but very much possible to stop nevertheless. It is good to scout to see what kind of rush they are doing(goliaths by themselves or with a skitter attatched which takes longer) and reacting accordingly with proper units and a scout to see their path. If there are teleports he will probably use them. Goliaths are slow so it's easy to figure out where they are with proper scouting. Sad Joker is a high level player who would probably gladly help others in becoming better players, and I assure you, he knows what he's talking about. I find myself to definitely be an above average player and he wiped the floor with me like I was a mop. It was a learning experience :D.
Goliaths are only a threat if one allows them to reach their base. As you said, scout and prepare accordingly. Simple.

Sure, if the Colony player is good, it'll be tricker to stop, but I'm more worried about Enforcers or Flamers from a good player.

I wouldn't go so far to say that I'm a higher-level player, but I do okay for myself. I'm always happy to help others; I try to be a positive member of the community! Those were fun games, dude. We'll have to play again soon!
Um, no. Just no.

Goliaths are only a threat if one allows them to reach their base. As you said, scout and prepare accordingly. Simple.

Sure, if the Colony player is good, it'll be tricker to stop, but I'm more worried about Enforcers or Flamers from a good player.

I wouldn't go so far to say that I'm a higher-level player, but I do okay for myself. I'm always happy to help others; I try to be a positive member of the community! Those were fun games, dude. We'll have to play again soon!
Yeah it was fun! You had really really good map control, I gotta work on some stuff before we play again but we will play again!
Um, no. Just no.

Joker, do you player ranked 1v1?
Um, no. Just no.

All the time, my guy.

I've taken a bit of a break recently with all the cheese going on, though.
Um, no. Just no.

All the time, my guy.

I've taken a bit of a break recently with all the cheese going on, though.
Yea, try 1v1 ranked at high onyx to champ level and let me know. Might not be OP on team-war.
Um, no. Just no.

Yea, try 1v1 ranked at high onyx to champ level and let me know. Might not be OP on team-war.
I've gotten Champ in 1's many times; doesn't mean anything.

Again, feel free to prove me wrong, my guy. I'm sure a high Onyx to Champ level player, such as yourself, should have no difficulty proving me wrong :p
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4