[Locked] Goliath Rush OP?

OP HowsTheCow00

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Yea, its broken. I think goliath damage needs a drastic reduction.
Um, no. Just no.

If you allow an opponent to get a substantial amount of Goliaths to your base, that is 100% your fault.

Goliaths lose to just about everything in the game.

Hellbringers, Cryo-Troopers, Suicide Grunts, upgraded Marines, upgraded Grunts, Choppers, Ghosts, most heros, Enforcers, and even Jackrabbits beat Goliaths.

Scout, prepare accordingly, catch them in the open, and you'll be fine. Again, if you're allowing Goliaths to reach your base, that is your fault. Goliaths are fairly well balanced. I would like to see them have a longer build time, but that's just me.

If you don't believe me, I will gladly show you how to fend of Goliaths.
Clearly, you haven't played against a high-level Colony player.
Le sigh. I always enjoy when someone resorts to this "argument" when I disagree with them. I've seen it time and time again.

Exhibit A: "You don't think Banshees are OP?! You've clearly never played anyone good"

Exhibit B: "You don't think Enforcers are OP?! You've just never played a good Arby".

And now, Exhibit C: "clearly, you've never played against a high-level Colony player".

This is such a weak, sad argument.

Anyways, back on track. You've provided nothing of substance and are unable to back up your claims, whatsoever. I suggest working on a better way to present your case.

I extend to you and invitation to prove me wrong. I will gladly show you how to beat Goliaths; it's very simple once you understand the game and its mechanics.
Joker, do you player ranked 1v1?
All the time, my guy.

I've taken a bit of a break recently with all the cheese going on, though.
Yea, try 1v1 ranked at high onyx to champ level and let me know. Might not be OP on team-war.
I've gotta throw my hat in, but Goliath Rush is not OP.

Besides that, Joker is a high enough level to know what he's talking about concerning 1s. I don't blame him for not touching ranked this season with OP Voridus and Pav and bugged Colony.
Um, no. Just no.

If you allow an opponent to get a substantial amount of Goliaths to your base, that is 100% your fault.

Hellbringers, Cryo-Troopers, Suicide Grunts, upgraded Marines, upgraded Grunts, Choppers, Ghosts, most heros, Enforcers, and even Jackrabbits beat Goliaths.

Scout, prepare accordingly, catch them in the open, and you'll be fine. Again, if you're allowing Goliaths to reach your base, that is your fault. Goliaths are fairly well balanced. I would like to see them have a longer build time, but that's just me.

Le sigh. I always enjoy when someone resorts to this "argument" when I disagree with them. I've seen it time and time again.

Exhibit A: "You don't think Banshees are OP?! You've clearly never played anyone good"

Exhibit B: "You don't think Enforcers are OP?! You've just never played a good Arby".

And now, Exhibit C: "clearly, you've never played against a high-level Colony player".

Anyways, back on track. You've provided nothing of substance and are unable to back up your claims, whatsoever. I suggest working on a better way to present your case.

I extend to you and invitation to prove me wrong. I will gladly show you how to beat Goliaths; it's very simple once you understand the game and its mechanics.
All the time, my guy.

Yea, try 1v1 ranked at high onyx to champ level and let me know. Might not be OP on team-war.
I'm still stuck on silver for now. I will get gold someday.
Um, no. Just no.

Agree, Goliaths are beatable even by a yapyap so I would certainly believe they are not OP. They might need a slight build nerf or very small cost increase but they are beatable; If you exploit as Colony, thats a different story all together.
Um, no. Just no.

All the time, my guy.

hard to imagine you of all people in gold much less silver. You have to be constanly play Yap vs Colony or Goo Master
Um, no. Just no.

All the time, my guy.

hard to imagine you of all people in gold much less silver. You have to be constanly play Yap vs Colony or Goo Master
He's kidding. I don't know anyone who is in or has ever been in silver or gold. I can't imagine how bad you'd have to be to place into either one.
Um, no. Just no.

All the time, my guy.

lol I might of kind of lied for the sake of my own entertainment. Also it shows that perhaps rank isn't all that accurate. But in all fairness I'm mid onyx this season even with all the cheese-its.

It did have me laughing though.
Goliaths are only good if they get to your base. Marines will beat them. Flamers will beat them. Heroes will beat them. Even JRs will beat them. Pretty much anything can beat them. If there's a Colony, just assume they're going to cheese you. Get out a respectable amount of units and scout. Catch them mid-map and kill them. Cheeses only work if you're not paying attention.
Goliaths are only good if they get to your base. Marines will beat them. Flamers will beat them. Heroes will beat them. Even JRs will beat them. Pretty much anything can beat them. If there's a Colony, just assume they're going to cheese you. Get out a respectable amount of units and scout. Catch them mid-map and kill them. Cheeses only work if you're not paying attention.
I love when we agree with one another :).
Listen if you falied to scout its no over if youre bannished 5 suicide grunts chopped in with(4 me as arbie) 3 elite enforcers, 6 grunts but as another a wack of jump pack brutes does fine, mines or just using ur grunts, marines as a barricade works well but if they manage to bypass its no over yet but its bad lol even if they reach ur base them suicide grunts will melt there health, be fast(before or soon as they start healing)! Focus the rest of ur forces on them to mop them up, if you have an apex try to have an engineer or too also helps, unsc, 4 snipers and1 or two turrets one anti infantry obvs, mines if possabile and a wack of marines again to stall and let them snipers do much damage as possabile if they make it past that, depending the leader keep that restoration handy hit Use soon as they hit ur base dont wait until ur base is at half health and use it, you will lose ur base, on "engineer swarm", tho its got a good heal rate you should be able to deal more damage than they can heal with 4 snipers, marines(also put the snipes bk or sides ur base obvs lol) then you just pray you focused youre fire correctly and everything else lol, so obvs this only works if you kept youre troops in the imediate area if you have to treck a distance to get back then by the prophets its game over.
Please don't revive old topics thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4