Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Goo should only be a debuff to enemy units armor.

OP Darkest Inferno

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Similar to methane wagons.
How do you suggest goo should operate?
There's already threads on infusion balancing discussions. This is a possible fix for it, IMO the ambient damage needs to be removed completely, this may be the best way to do that. With how easy it is to spread infusion, this should only be a very small debuff, at least at T1.
I don't think I agree with changing it to only debuff armor, but either it's damage or duration needs to be dramatically reduced.
As long something gets done to actually and truly put this mud butt monster in line. A large damage reduction and make it not affect the speed of the units because when that disgusting beast drops mud on you, you try to get out of the mud only to be slowed down by it and getting killed in the process. Whoever thought this was a good idea should share whatever he was on, because it was some really good sh**!
As long something gets done to actually and truly put this mud butt monster in line. A large damage reduction and make it not affect the speed of the units because when that disgusting beast drops mud on you, you try to get out of the mud only to be slowed down by it and getting killed in the process. Whoever thought this was a good idea should share whatever he was on, because it was some really good sh**!
he was probably on that 300% anvil round
Infusion has already been nerfed. Its not as effective and it doesnt last as long.
Most of his leader powers rely on the infusion stacking. If infusion is nerfed too much he will be unplayable which will be a damn shame for anyone who bought him as he is very fun to play.
I will say he has a very strong early game but his mid game is weak. Beat him at tech 2. Dont bother rushing a competant vord.
Infusion may have been nerfed but its dmg late game got actually buffed. His mid game is weak? Have you ever played a good player using it? Your army can easily covered in goop with mine drop and vortex while being cornered by an army killing it with ease. Even if you go air a few AA will deal with them too.
Infusion may have been nerfed but its dmg late game got actually buffed. His mid game is weak? Have you ever played a good player using it? Your army can easily covered in goop with mine drop and vortex while being cornered by an army killing it with ease. Even if you go air a few AA will deal with them too.
Compared to the likes of forge and decimus yes. Very weak.
I think that is debatable, that goo is ridiculously powerful. Take an equal skilled Voridus vs a Decimus or Forge and the Voridus will always win.
I think that is debatable, that goo is ridiculously powerful. Take an equal skilled Voridus vs a Decimus or Forge and the Voridus will always win.
My money is on the decimus.
Nothing wrong with a debate 🤝
Infusion has already been nerfed. Its not as effective and it doesnt last as long.
Most of his leader powers rely on the infusion stacking. If infusion is nerfed too much he will be unplayable which will be a damn shame for anyone who bought him as he is very fun to play.
I will say he has a very strong early game but his mid game is weak. Beat him at tech 2. Dont bother rushing a competant vord.
If you watched Nuchey's Infusion comparison it's only about 11 seconds shorter. Which isn't a very good valid arguement tbh.
he was probably on that 300% anvil round
Hahaha exactly! I am still scratching my head about why they made that anvil round so strong.
+1 goo is fine where its at late game imo. Most players are putting 2 points into mine. Its impact is crazy. Then either a point into the vortex or infusion tech. After that either marauder drop, tech or vortex. Its so many lp that gets double points til maelstorm or cata.

I think the damage late game is fine. The leader needs to be nerfed bad. And the infusion mines impact damage. But other then that, a competant deci, isabel or forge should be able to take the game.
Ruzylo wrote:
+1 goo is fine where its at late game imo. Most players are putting 2 points into mine. Its impact is crazy. Then either a point into the vortex or infusion tech. After that either marauder drop, tech or vortex. Its so many lp that gets double points til maelstorm or cata.

I think the damage late game is fine. The leader needs to be nerfed bad. And the infusion mines impact damage. But other then that, a competant deci, isabel or forge should be able to take the game.
The leader needs the Kinsano nerf treatment. Press y and then x on open ground. gg
I'm sorry but you don't get to abuse Voridus and then say he isn't broken. Roughly 175 games as Voridus? That just strips you of all credibility. Even without infusion damage he still has one of the best leader wheels in the game.
  • His T1 eco power gives off a crazy amount of supply when attacking (but no one knows this because everyone abuses the goo).
  • His mine still does great damage, plus the goo would weaken and slow everyone inside.
  • Goo vortex is a solid T2 power, stunning + damaging + leaving a debuff (if it's implemented).
  • Invigorating Frenzy is the best heal in the game, covering more area than any other leader while also buffing all units inside.
  • Infusion tech could be used to add damage to the goo. Leave goo as a debuff-only until you get these upgrades
  • Teleport is always a great power
  • Marauders drop also drops goo. It would still be powerful
  • Maelstrom, when combined with any other direct damage power, is the most powerful ability in the game. It's a complete army wipe if you land a 6 o'clock or ultimate inside the maelstrom.
  • Cataclysm is really strong. Everyone knows this. If they take away goo damage I wouldn't mind them leaving cataclysm as is.
Looking at all those powers he's clearly a very strong leader. And that's not even mentioning his hero and the obscene amount of goo he drops. So I'm at a loss. How could you possibly say he'd be unplayable without goo damage??? He'd probably still be in need of a nerf!
My money is on the decimus.
Nothing wrong with a debate 🤝
You're dead wrong, and obviously biased with your 3rd most used leader being Voridus. Voridus is currently unbeatable in 1v1, unless you are miles ahead of the player in skill level there is no beating him. Early game his leader/engis wreck everything, he can simultaneously heal his base and kill 20 flamers with engis alone. Every early game unit gets melted by infusion because they have so little health. Then as soon as he hits late game he auto wins every engagement, his LPs have nearly non-existent cooldowns, and cataclysm wipes entire armies with or without unit support. No Voridus above absolute garbage tier should ever lose a 1v1 to any other leader.
  • His T1 eco power gives off a crazy amount of supply when attacking (but no one knows this because everyone abuses the goo).
This LP right here is why I think he's so darn broken. Some grunt spam with his Hero and you'll have 3 Generators so fast it's insane. I like to harass the Minibases that people don't bother to defend for some extra supplies!
I end up having like 4-5k more Supplies needed late game because of that single LP.
Have you tried it upgraded? I only upgrade it once and I think it's crazy strong.
This LP right here is why I think he's so darn broken. Some grunt spam with his Hero and you'll have 3 Generators so fast it's insane. I like to harass the Minibases that people don't bother to defend for some extra supplies!
I end up having like 4-5k more Supplies needed late game because of that single LP.
Have you tried it upgraded? I only upgrade it once and I think it's crazy strong.
It's insane how much supplies it gives off. I haven't tried it myself, I'm going off of secondary sources here, but if they're right then it's definitely in need of a nerf. It's a game breaking eco power, way stronger than launch game Forge's Rolling Eco. Once goo is delt with this will need a nerf too. I'm going to test and send results to Post Carnage to see if it can be added to the next patch.
I honestly just think the goo needs a nerf too how long it's on the field not the damage. The damage can stay the same but make it so it only stays around for 15-45 seconds and not two minutes but that's just my opinion and I don't use Voridus so I can't say for sure.
I honestly just think the goo needs a nerf too how long it's on the field not the damage. The damage can stay the same but make it so it only stays around for 15-45 seconds and not two minutes but that's just my opinion and I don't use Voridus so I can't say for sure.
45 seconds??? I don't understand how people think anything more than 10-15 seconds is okay. No other leader has that kind of area denial potential. Serina's icebergs can be destroyed, as can everything else that freezes stuff. Methane Wagons are on the same boat. Only YapYap's ultimate can't be stopped and 1) it's an ultimate and 2) probably still doesn't have a 45 seconds duration, and definitely not 2 minutes. Fire/napalm is the only other thing that causes damage over time (DoT) and it doesn't last nearly as long. Inferno and Napalm Strike are only about 32 seconds each.

So once again: How is goo, with the gazillion different ways there are to spread it, justified in having damage AND a duration of over 10 seconds???
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2