Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Good advice for a returning player?

OP AppleTekSupport

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I haven't played since the Yappening ended, would any of you mind sharing the current balance's strength and weaknesses?
Rangers are broken ,reavers>wolves, Hunters>cyclops, Ghost/Chopper>Jackrabbit. AKA don't play UNSC
lJGl Fox wrote:
Rangers are broken ,reavers>wolves, Hunters>cyclops, Ghost/Chopper>Jackrabbit. AKA don't play UNSC
Any particular leader better than others? And I find it funny that they did a 180 from the first several seasons 😂
lJGl Fox wrote:
Any particular leader better than others? And I find it funny that they did a 180 from the first several seasons 😂
Ship, Arby, Trox, or Deci imo
Suprised Anders wasnt in those reccomendations
UNSC is fine.

Jerome, Forge, Anders, and Kinsano are all viable and strong leaders.
I haven't played since the Yappening ended, would any of you mind sharing the current balance's strength and weaknesses?
Unsc:
Jerome , anders, kinsano, cutter, forge
Banished:
Colony, Atriox, Decimus, pavium, Arbiter, Ship

I think this are the top leaders atm, but this doesn't mean the other leaders aren't viable, they aren't just as strong as these guys here.
AcE Hisoka wrote:
Unsc:
Banished:

I think this are the top leaders atm, but this doesn't mean the other leaders aren't viable, they aren't just as strong as these guys here.
I like how you put Cutter in there
lJGl Fox wrote:
I rarely disagree with you but Reavers are not necessarily better than wolfs. I got mixed feelings for Rangers but Rangers are without a doubt better than Snipers.
lJGl Fox wrote:
Banished have the better counters, I'll give you that. But UNSC still shuts down almost any Banished opener.
I just returned recently also. Game is in good shape
Add me - Da12uda
AcE Hisoka wrote:
Unsc:
Banished:

Well IMO cutter is more than balanced, so i think he deserves this spot. :)
AcE Hisoka wrote:
AcE Hisoka wrote:
Unsc:
Banished:

Well IMO cutter is more than balanced, so i think he deserves this spot. :)
What are you talking about? Cutter is the only balenced leader :D
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
Banished have the better counters, I'll give you that. But UNSC still shuts down almost any Banished opener.
ghost is the best opener in the game and last i checked UNSC don't have ghost
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
last i checked; yap, deci, pavium, vordi, colony, or troxy dont have ghosts either.
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
last i checked; yap, deci, pavium, vordi, colony, or troxy dont have ghosts either.
good thing choppers are next in line im glad you missed the point though
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
No, it's not. It may be a very safe opener but there are still plenty of UNSC leaders that beat it early game. And Banished just doesn't have an answer for early game heroes or well microed marines + snipers.
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
No, it's not. It may be a very safe opener but there are still plenty of UNSC leaders that beat it early game. And Banished just doesn't have an answer for early game heroes or well microed marines + snipers.
lets see ghost/chopper beat heros and well micro'd beats marines. in hairy situations you can just mix a few sui. thanks for you input though "Thumbs Up"
<p></p>
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
lets see ghost/chopper beat heros and well micro'd beats marines. in hairy situations you can just mix a few sui. thanks for you input though "Thumbs Up"
<p></p>
It really depends. Ghosts/choppers do beat some of the weaker heroes like Forge, but they seriously struggle against certain other heroes, namely Spartans and Commander Jerome. Even if they win, then it's not by a great margin and once they rebuild their hero it's gg.

Suis are great, but get negated by splitting.
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
<p></p>
It really depends. Ghosts/choppers do beat some of the weaker heroes like Forge, but they seriously struggle against certain other heroes, namely Spartans and Commander Jerome. Even if they win, then it's not by a great margin and once they rebuild their hero it's gg.

Suis are great, but get negated by splitting.
ram = Stun Stun = No Split. Speed = the ability to choose the engagements. AKA pick off units before they get to the army. as Jerome he is good for range and speed, niether help as much vs banished scouts. also you need to win before tech 2 which puts you at a disadvantage
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2