Skip to main content
Does anyone else here hate Halo Wars 2’s graphics?
Cell shade or whatever it is. I hate it. Halo Wars 1 looked and handled better I feel.
I don't hate HW2 graphics but I thought Ensembles graphics with HW1 were far more impressive for the time they came out in.
I don't mind the graphics at all. However I would say for the time period Halo Wars 1 graphics were pretty good.
I don't mind the graphics at all. However I would say for the time period Halo Wars 1 graphics were pretty good.
For the time the first games graphics were absolutely next level. I have fond memories of my friends and I having our minds blown playing the game and getting so excited for what it meant for the future of the industry.
I like both, but there something that I like about Halo Wars 1 graphics more than Halo Wars 2. I guess its just the art style that makes a huge difference. I still prefer the original games art style, I feel like they could expanded upon the original art style and sticking to something that we are used to seeing already.
I like both, but there something that I like about Halo Wars 1 graphics more than Halo Wars 2. I guess its just the art style that makes a huge difference. I still prefer the original games art style, I feel like they could expanded upon the original art style and sticking to something that we are used to seeing already.
I would view that one of the main advantages with the Halo Wars (1) graphics is that they are simple which in turn makes the game simple. One of the most essential aspects with a RTS game is to keep it simple as you don't want to dedicate an unnecessary amount of time analysing the battlefield with a magnifying glass in order to get a basic picture, it's something that should come instantly.

My only complaint with the Halo Wars 1 graphics is that it's difficult to differentiate between a level 1 and level 2 Warehouse when the base has an active energy shield.
It definitely looks more caricatured than Halo Wars 1 I'll give you that but I think its still pretty well done.
Yeah they were extremely ahead of it's time.
I remember back in 2007 when Halo Wars E3 demo was shown and I was like "Wow that looks amazing." And then like 18 months later, the game came out and it looked nothing like the demo. I was pretty upset. As for Halo Wars 2 graphics I still like it, even for a 4 year old game.