Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Halo Wars 2 - August Balance Update (PREVIEW)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
why take away the line of sight for sentinel beacon?
why take away the line of sight for sentinel beacon?
Probably because the Kodiak got a decent buff versus structures, and they didn't want them auto firing on bases.
Boundless siphon better be a typo, this is -Yoink-, your giving combat salvage to deci, have you not learned from your last 300% buff, your gonna screw the meta.
Boundless siphon better be a typo, this is -Yoink-, your giving combat salvage to deci, have you not learned from your last 300% buff, your gonna screw the meta.
Two steps forward, one step back.
I feel like yapayap will be better at map control than cutter
Except it was fairly negligible before. We also don't have any baseline numbers to compare to so when we hear "250% buff" it sounds more ridiculous than it probably is. Besides, some units with multiple methods of firing, such as Banshees, only had their plasma cannons affected by boundless siphon. The fuel rod didn't siphon any health back. A friend and I tested this a while back.

Boundless Siphon sounded better than it was. The only two units it was legitimately noticeable on were Scarabs and beam cannon Hunters, AKA: units with a steady stream of out-going damage.

I'm keeping an open mind with this one. If it's busted then something will have to be done.
I don't know what you're talking about, Decimus has no combat salvage, if you're trying to compare Boundless Siphon to something it would be more accurate to compare it to Combat Repair. Besides Boundless Siphon is trash. A 250% increase from trash is a decent ability.
Limeshake wrote:
I always wondered why Johnson's Bunker Drop cost population, glad it was resolved! Also pretty happy about the Warthog and Holo Decoy changes, they might actually be useful!
Probably to prevent the whole map to be covered in bunkers. I wonder if there is still some sort of cap on them, that isn't related to population.
Interesting point can't wait to see maps just lousy with the bunkers before a cap is placed
Ske7ch mate you guys still got the shield generator wrong, why don't you listen to us. You guys should make the shield gen like halo wars 1 where the sheild just covers the base.... not this big bubble thing where people can hide there troops in it. The UNSC base was much stronger then the covenants base witch is why it faired it out when the covenant put a sheild up. Also the sheild took up a slot on the base. This is what should have been implemented. We only need 1 sheild at the start of game... increasing the cost like the power extractors wont bother us as our economy is stable mid to late game. Im sure most people would agree with me on this idea. Its not easy pleasing everyone... infact its impossible and im sorry if im causing u stress. Everyone will have something to say no matter how much of a good job u guys do including me but we just wish for the best. Also stop this 300% buff increase crap lol first forge now decimis has a 250% siphon buff incress. Also one more very important thing... make it so the shields dont pop back up whilst attacking thr main base. Thats bs lol
Can we get a 1 vs AI playlist? Would love to level up without having to play against other players, I'm not very good.
Nothing overwhelming from what i can see, everything looks viable and kinda balanced, i now hope yap yap isnt op though, thankyou finally.
And now after this I can come back to my lovely game. Thanks!
ske7ch wrote:
Great stuff 343, really like the diminishing supplies change. The only issue I am seeing with this is the anti vehicle units. I think doing 33% reduction to tech 2 to might be too harsh. I'm not really sure though. I totally agree with the tech 3 damage part though, Cyclops did nothing to grizzlies before. One big concern I have is on the tech 2 damage reduction. Will Forge's warthog be included in that? Will this make him too powerful again? Hope you guys are checking for that. I also really support the colony siphon increase. He is consistently the least viable character in the game when it comes to 1v1s.
Boundless siphon better be a typo, this is b*llsh*t, your giving combat salvage to deci, have you not learned from your last 300% buff, your gonna screw the meta.
Just someone else already said decimus never have/had combatsalvage and the big buff to boundless siphon was really needed because it heales the units even less as colonys passive healing and boundless fury is an active leaderpower so it should be doing a good job and not being nearly ignorable
Baker481 wrote:
Ske7ch mate you guys still got the shield generator wrong, why don't you listen to us. You guys should make the shield gen like halo wars 1 where the sheild just covers the base.... not this big bubble thing where people can hide there troops in it. The UNSC base was much stronger then the covenants base witch is why it faired it out when the covenant put a sheild up. Also the sheild took up a slot on the base. This is what should have been implemented. We only need 1 sheild at the start of game... increasing the cost like the power extractors wont bother us as our economy is stable mid to late game. Im sure most people would agree with me on this idea. Its not easy pleasing everyone... infact its impossible and im sorry if im causing u stress. Everyone will have something to say no matter how much of a good job u guys do including me but we just wish for the best. Also stop this 300% buff increase crap lol first forge now decimis has a 250% siphon buff incress. Also one more very important thing... make it so the shields dont pop back up whilst attacking thr main base. Thats bs lol
I have played Halo Wars a lot and i like the difference how the shield generator in HW1 and HW2 work. That the shieldgens in HW2 make that bubble where you can put some units under gives you more strategic ways to play as your base is under attack and you have the chance to get an army to successfully defend your base. In HW1 you had your base shielded but if the enemy was already before your base and sieged you, the outcome was already decided that you lose that base and every unit who comes out of your base just gets slaughter right away. You can close the base and wait until you have an sufficient army but at the moment they come out of the base, they are just piled up on one spot so the enemy just needed to shoot his leaderability or AOE-y-ability in it and they are gone. So I find it really nice how it is here in HW2 with those shields.
Boundless siphon better be a typo, this is b*llsh*t, your giving combat salvage to deci, have you not learned from your last 300% buff, your gonna screw the meta.
I don't know what you're talking about, Decimus has no combat salvage, if you're trying to compare Boundless Siphon to something it would be more accurate to compare it to Combat Repair. Besides Boundless Siphon is trash. A 250% increase from trash is a decent ability.
yeah this sounds much different than Anvil round which was a decent but underwhelming ability that a 300% increase did not justify for the full AOE.
I'm still not a fan of the shield generator situation. Meeting them 100/100 more per shield isn't enough. Instead of raising the cost just don't make them stack. More than that they should behave like engineer shields and the drop shield YapYap has that only reduce damage for units inside rather than block damage altogether. It should only block the base's health, not any units.
I was hoping for a flame hog buff! :( Also adjustments to the mine leader abilities, especially colony's that is 3rd tier!
Also with Ander's Sentinel beacon, It's best use was Its LoS, as you were able to get knowledge of the entire map. This seems like an uncalled for nerf!
I don't see how it's trash
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5