Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2 - August Balance Update (PREVIEW)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Didn't notice anything about forgehog
It's literally the first thing on the list...
For the most part these changes sound amazing I'm not sure how I feel about the anti vehicle units getting nerfed damaged to their 2 units, hogs from what I have seen are a huge part of the meta right now n easy to build enough to just swarm someone with. But I guess I don't have to worry about a.v. with my locusts now when im dropping a base. Lol
Omni Sweep wrote:
Would you please stop nerfing tanks?

Just because you nerfed A-V to T2 vehicles doesn't mean you just buff them to T3 for literally no reason. I mean I guess you could justify it to Isa because you buffed Holo but that is literally 1 case of tanks even being good.

Yet on the back hand here Atriox's becomes the strongest 3's Hero literally ever. The change to unbreakable just completely undoes anything anyone ever did to nerf his late game or his 2 scarab +13 engi strat. You know that strat that can literally 1v3.

Who cares though because you can just buff every hero in some way to a game breaking state so that they can have their season of being a rushing god because that's all this game really is at this point.
Well to start off you can literally do a ultimate unit plus healers with any character. Either way the cost of unbreakable was way to high, 2k supply and 1k energy, no other leader power has cost that much to my knowledge. Also has a main Atroix's player most of the time Atroix's is getting nerfed in one way or another like this season where bulwark became a barely viable leader power once it got nerfed the crap out of. Before that it was dying breath, eradication, n units.
Btw tanks are better than their banished counter parts by far its to the point where I don't even bother building them at all and also pretty good overall there's a reason why almost every mech user builds then especially after getting canister shell.
Late to the party, but.. Warthog reduced to 3 population, while Mantis is still 5 population? Really? I like the bunker drop finally being fixed, but it still seems like Johnson's unique units are being left behind again.
Late to the party, but.. Warthog reduced to 3 population, while Mantis is still 5 population? Really? I like the bunker drop finally being fixed, but it still seems like Johnson's unique units are being left behind again.
I agree. Johnson needs some love.
Maybe turret shields like Anders? Rather than turret siphon, which what??

But, I think the biggest thing for him will be that cyclops/hunters do a lot less damage to T2 vehicles.
Currently, you can stomp Johnson by just massing Hunters. Hopefully, this changes it up.

I do get why Mantis have larger pop though. They're meant to be all purpose, killer, slow units. They're decent against air, for example. They are just too squishy atm.
Decimus’ Boundless Siphon lifesteal increased by 250%

Hold up. Are we sure this isn't just for the Decimus Hero Drop? Seems quite excessive for all troops to get a permanent life steal, I feel like some units could be invincible in combat.. 250% just seems like a really excessive jump like the 300% Forgehog was without solid testing..
NK ME wrote:

Hold up. Are we sure this isn't just for the Decimus Hero Drop? Seems quite excessive for all troops to get a permanent life steal, I feel like some units could be invincible in combat.. 250% just seems like a really excessive jump like the 300% Forgehog was without solid testing..
Current boundless siphon is 1% return of health. The increase of 250% brings it to a whooping 2.5%. It will be noticeable but it will not be anything nuts I don't think.
NK ME wrote:

Current boundless siphon is 1% return of health. The increase of 250% brings it to a whooping 2.5%. It will be noticeable but it will not be anything nuts I don't think.
I agreed with you mate, makes all the sense. everything normal.

Kyltz.
NK ME wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhh, I see. I didn't think it was that little tbh.. Haha. Thank you for clarifying!

But, I think the biggest thing for him will be that cyclops/hunters do a lot less damage to T2 vehicles.
Currently, you can stomp Johnson by just massing Hunters. Hopefully, this changes it up.

I do get why Mantis have larger pop though. They're meant to be all purpose, killer, slow units. They're decent against air, for example. They are just too squishy atm.
That's exactly the issue though: They're both slow and squishy, which makes them completely unsuccessful as a unit. Marauder's have armor to keep them alive and a slowing effect to counter their speed, while Warthog's have speed to keep them alive.

The Mantis could be great, but their population is ridiculous for their current functionality while Marauder sits at 4 population and the Warthog now at 3. The Mantis needs a pop reduction or a buff to keep them going.

It's been a while since I've played though (the Deathhog/Ice Queen update), so I'd have to see how things are functioning now.
Didn't notice anything about forgehog
His area of effect damage is greatly reduced. Which is what was raping almost all other units on a 1v1 or 2v2 matches. And his anvil round cannot hit air units

That's exactly the issue though: They're both slow and squishy, which makes them completely unsuccessful as a unit. Marauder's have armor to keep them alive and a slowing effect to counter their speed, while Warthog's have speed to keep them alive.

The Mantis could be great, but their population is ridiculous for their current functionality while Marauder sits at 4 population and the Warthog now at 3. The Mantis needs a pop reduction or a buff to keep them going.

It's been a while since I've played though (the Deathhog/Ice Queen update), so I'd have to see how things are functioning now.
My speculation is that Johnson's whole design was meant to be a leader that could hold down a single position for a long time (bunker, digging in, healing aura). So, it makes sense that his special units are slow.
I think the pelican transport is supposed to remedy that somehow. As in, the ideal Johnson move is peli a mass of mechs in front of someone's base and just sit and attack.

But, yeah, the main problem is cost and pop. They cost so much to upgrade. It's pretty ridic. And, they don't (didnt?) last all that long against hunters.
The changes are very good, it seems like CA took note of all our comments and bugs. In the other hand, i think Isabel is not enough strong yet to compete against other leaders, they should give her at least one special unit.
leave the cyclops alone if anthing it needs more health and damage not less
Cyclops and hunters used to obliterate T2 vehicles. It made them completely worthless and almost everyone just skipped over them. This war T2 vehicles actually have a place at some point in the meta. On the other hand, they got a slight buff like you want against T3 tanks because those seem to stomp AV too hard. It's honestly a pretty good solution and I'm glad they went for it.
I noticed that after the update the bunker of Sergeant Johnson has been invisivél in Blitz mode, my allies do not see them and for me it is appearing and disappearing randomly
Can we get a 1 vs AI playlist? Would love to level up without having to play against other players, I'm not very good.
Add me on xbl and I'll help you improve, 2x onyx player, unranked this season

Xxsilverwind
I really don't like this new balance update, as a matter of fact I think it made it more unbalanced. They've made the Banished superior over the UNSC to a point that it's hard to win playing as a UNSC leader against a Banished leader. For example, the Banshees are significantly stronger and faster then the Hornets and a group of Wolverines will lose a battle against a group of Banshees even though the Wolverines are specifically towards anti-air.
I really don't like this new balance update, as a matter of fact I think it made it more unbalanced. They've made the Banished superior over the UNSC to a point that it's hard to win playing as a UNSC leader against a Banished leader. For example, the Banshees are significantly stronger and faster then the Hornets and a group of Wolverines will lose a battle against a group of Banshees even though the Wolverines are specifically towards anti-air.
Literally none of this is true. But wolves could use a slight buff in attack range vs air.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5