2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
definitely nostalgic but a few bugs.

please make the minimap and the map on the loading screen not look like a five year old drew it. You can tell it looks very plain compared to the other maps

i would remove middle node and add walls there as well

music sometimes stops

units and certain buildings like Bunker drop are pure Black in color sometimes

it seems like an overwhelmingly large map in my opinion even for 3s however i understand why thats probably necessary due to siege units in this game but if possible id try to shrink it just a bit. It doesnt seem proportional to the map/ base sizes in the original HW
love how it encourages fights in the middle and isn't so dependent on minis.
Thanks for adding!
Honestly think I'd like the "force field/energy wall" in the middle again like in Halo Wars 1. In HW1 it led to some fun encounters and a fight for control over the center of the map which is unique compared to other maps in both games really.... also since I hear talk about in game music coming for this map, I personally think it would be awesome fan service if you used Halo Wars 1 music. 👍
been kicked during a match for this update :P
thx
This was a surprise. Frozen Valley next please? Or perhaps a map with flood bases to destroy like Exile.
1. Thank you very much! A snow map would be great too!

2. Played a 3v3 on it.
A.1 player, 5 A.I.. -2 ally A.I.s were set to 'Easy'. 1 enemy A.I. set to 'Heroic', and 2 set to 'Normal'.
B. Player team: Cutter, Anders, Forge. Enemy team: Arbiter, Shipmaster, Colony.
Experienced "An enemy has lost all their bases" line at start.
Music was present at start but soon stopped.
At least three extended periods of 'stuttering' during moments of lots of forces engaging eachother with lots of ammunition flying. 'Stuttering' affected sound and gameplay. 'Stuttering' did not freeze game and cleared once high traffic ceased.

I wonder if it's the map itself or something with the last recent update to the whole game? I didn't try the game after the recent update, but tried it now for Fort Jordan.

Suggestion: A 5 point gamerscore Achievement for any win on Fort Jordan, "Remember Deen" .
Postums wrote:
Please just don't put it in ones, other then that thank you guys so much ! Looks awesome
See the wonderful thing is, we can work with the community to adjust it for 1s and tailor it to what people need.

It can become a great 1s map and be tuned to be so. We will listen to feedback players have and make any adjustments as needed.
Thank you. Any new content is greatly appreciated.

I played a few games of 1v1 against the AI late last night just to see the map. I only played HW1 campaign so I can't make any comparisons. I played all games as Red team.
Usually when I play a game of HW2 I make my opening scout unit and production building and then push forward on the stick to move forward on the map to send my units about. On this map when I do that it pushes to the back of my base and the map. Is this just me, I'm not sure? (I'll test again later) Or are maybe the bases or camera angle rotated differently at the beginning than all the other maps? It doesn't feel consistent. I can't comment on what happens if being blue team yet.

As noted elsewhere on the thread, I noticed the 'an enemy has lost all their bases' at the start of matches.

The map is big and as such the middle of the map seems extremely bare. Is there some way to add something to alleviate this? Maybe remove the middle node (or if 5 are needed, rework their positions) and add a double slot mini-base to fight over. A power-ball somewhere might help too.

To be honest I don't mind where the base expansion slots are. It just means that I have to leave some units there or have artillery nearby. I didn't check, are the garrisons strategically placed to track the pathing of enemy armies on the way to the expansion bases?

In 1v1 the mini-bases feel miles away. Should they be positioned somewhere else? Or should a closer 3rd be added, like behind your base?

All in all, I'm having good fun on the map. Keep up the good work.
AKAtheFonz wrote:
definitely nostalgic but a few bugs.

please make the minimap and the map on the loading screen not look like a five year old drew it. You can tell it looks very plain compared to the other maps

i would remove middle node and add walls there as well

music sometimes stops

units and certain buildings like Bunker drop are pure Black in color sometimes

it seems like an overwhelmingly large map in my opinion even for 3s however i understand why thats probably necessary due to siege units in this game but if possible id try to shrink it just a bit. It doesnt seem proportional to the map/ base sizes in the original HW
I agree the mini map and how the map looks on the selection screen look very basic compared to the others so maybe this is something that will be worked on.
Postums wrote:
Please just don't put it in ones, other then that thank you guys so much ! Looks awesome
See the wonderful thing is, we can work with the community to adjust it for 1s and tailor it to what people need.

It can become a great 1s map and be tuned to be so. We will listen to feedback players have and make any adjustments as needed.
Thank you. Any new content is greatly appreciated.

I played a few games of 1v1 against the AI late last night just to see the map. I only played HW1 campaign so I can't make any comparisons. I played all games as Red team.
Usually when I play a game of HW2 I make my opening scout unit and production building and then push forward on the stick to move forward on the map to send my units about. On this map when I do that it pushes to the back of my base and the map. Is this just me, I'm not sure? (I'll test again later) Or are maybe the bases or camera angle rotated differently at the beginning than all the other maps? It doesn't feel consistent. I can't comment on what happens if being blue team yet.

As noted elsewhere on the thread, I noticed the 'an enemy has lost all their bases' at the start of matches.

The map is big and as such the middle of the map seems extremely bare. Is there some way to add something to alleviate this? Maybe remove the middle node (or if 5 are needed, rework their positions) and add a double slot mini-base to fight over. A power-ball somewhere might help too.

To be honest I don't mind where the base expansion slots are. It just means that I have to leave some units there or have artillery nearby. I didn't check, are the garrisons strategically placed to track the pathing of enemy armies on the way to the expansion bases?

In 1v1 the mini-bases feel miles away. Should they be positioned somewhere else? Or should a closer 3rd be added, like behind your base?

All in all, I'm having good fun on the map. Keep up the good work.
I agree the middle of the map is way too bare. While it is refreshing to have big open space as the other maps don't really have that I think there is a little too much here and could do with some more scenery or objects throughout.
All the maps are one word names. Perhaps consider calling this map just Fort? to match the theme?
Thanks 343! It’s nice to see a throwback like this!
So far, I've only played one game on this map (3v3, myself and heroic AIs), but thought I'd give my feedback regardless of this. I love the feel of the map, and the layout allows for some interesting engagements and manuevers. I'm glad you brought it back.

Bugs that I noticed while playing:

• Certain times leader powers would either not render properly, or would not be shown at all. However, the effects (what they do, not animation) of the powers were still present.
  • Beginning of the match, it was announced that an enemy base had been destroyed. Luckilly this was not actually the case.
  • AI would get trapped on certain corners, namely the ones by the ramps leading to the concrete base.
Other than these, the game went very smoothly, and nothing game breaking happened. Good job, I'd love to see more throwback maps like this in the future, or even an FFA gametype.
All the maps are one word names. Perhaps consider calling this map just Fort? to match the theme?
Fort Jordan isn't being renamed.
Well just finished a game on the map and I am impressed. It looks like phantoms could be more viable now thanks to the vastness of the map. I can confirm with others that music does stop eventually and that "enemy bases destroyed," thing at the start. Overall looks promising and looking forward to it being out in matchmaking.
bug:
When playing a 1v1 strongholds at Jordan the left stronghold (both starting sides) and the centre right strongholds have actually has a 1 slot mini-base stacked on top of it which also counts to a stronghold. You and the enemy can both build on them so the two mini-bases are clipped inside each other creating a two stronghold 4 slot mini-base.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thatbr1t1shguy0/video/70254599
I got chills when I watched that 30 second reveal trailer on the waypoint post. Hearing that original HW battle theme made me want to cry. Thanks 343.
I hope to see the center energy barriers make a return! It made turtling much more efficient, though I hope each barrier tower was moved to the edges. Other than that, the map is excellent
It's an amazing map ! Can't wait to see more HW1 maps remastered !
Honestly think I'd like the "force field/energy wall" in the middle again like in Halo Wars 1. In HW1 it led to some fun encounters and a fight for control over the center of the map which is unique compared to other maps in both games really.... also since I hear talk about in game music coming for this map, I personally think it would be awesome fan service if you used Halo Wars 1 music. 👍
Hands down, I agree man. That would be the essence of nostalgia lol.
Like many of others have said, "The enemy has lost all their bases" line happens at the start of the match.

Map is huge, which I like, and is alleviated partially by the teleporters. Middle seems fairly barren and an artillery trap, though that is alleviated by the side channels which might offer some interesting sneak attack strategies. Minis seem fine on the 1v1 map, only having 1 mini in 2v2 and 0 in 3v3 is strange though. Not necessarily bad, might be the fairly unique thing about the map along with its size (Like how Mirage only has 4 nodes). Middle could potentially use a double mini or two and/or shield walls.

Also, AI seems to have major pathfinding issues on this map, including Legendary AI. The AI was even easier to face then it normally is as they constantly struggled with the map. Not really a major issue for multiplayer, but for Vs AI and solo play it is a pretty major issue.

Otherwise really looking to see this in the playlists.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8