2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
I really hope this leads to more DLC campaigns as I want to see a Season 2 of Halo Wars 2 in the Ark Conflict as read on Fort Jordon story and like to see it.
Because the map is already structured and many people have commented about the size of the map, perhaps adding a few more teleporters in strategic areas would help with the vastness of the map. This might also give ground units a fighting chance to keep up with air which will clearly become the dominant unit on a map of this size. Perhaps a teleport from the left side canyon to the right side canyon just around where the two barriers lie. Or maybe in all four corners of the map and each leads to the very center of the map

Many folks have also commented about the center and how they wish it had the original barriers. I assume this may be a difficult task, since nothing of the sort has been coded into halo wars 2 yet. Perhaps a compromise would be putting garrisons equal distant from each other all the way across the middle, forming a sort of belt. This would make air units a bit more difficult to use, since infantry can soft counter them from a garrisoned structure, and with so many in the center it can be well defended.
Another option might be to place a mountain in the very center and then use two small barriers that use a control panel on either side of the mountain.
Obviously the best solution would be to code the original barriers from halo wars one, but im sure that'd take quite a lot of work!
Because the map is already structured and many people have commented about the size of the map, perhaps adding a few more teleporters in strategic areas would help with the vastness of the map. This might also give ground units a fighting chance to keep up with air which will clearly become the dominant unit on a map of this size. Perhaps a teleport from the left side canyon to the right side canyon just around where the two barriers lie. Or maybe in all four corners of the map and each leads to the very center of the map

Many folks have also commented about the center and how they wish it had the original barriers. I assume this may be a difficult task, since nothing of the sort has been coded into halo wars 2 yet. Perhaps a compromise would be putting garrisons equal distant from each other all the way across the middle, forming a sort of belt. This would make air units a bit more difficult to use, since infantry can soft counter them from a garrisoned structure, and with so many in the center it can be well defended.
Another option might be to place a mountain in the very center and then use two small barriers that use a control panel on either side of the mountain.
Obviously the best solution would be to code the original barriers from halo wars one, but im sure that'd take quite a lot of work!
Like the idea of a "defense belt" as a compromise for the original gate. I wonder though, would the original gate eve work now? What made it good was everyone, bar Regret had to use the gate or teleport to get through. With teleport being an actual power now, the gate seems a tad moot seeing as you could just "jump" over it.
So here’s a weird one.. I thought I’d jump into skirmish to try this out and well.. the map only loads in textures in the area of where I spawned... and everywhere else is black and white block textures... really weirded me out, also everywhere I go except my own base the map goes incredibly bright.

weird one, hope I’m not the only person here
So I loaded up a game of Domination against a Random A.I.. I was playing as Prof. Anders and the A.I. ended up being Anders as well (If this helps somehow). I was on Red Team when the Map loaded up the ground and bases were very bright and what I believe was suppose to be foliage of some sort was all black. I could barley see my units. It didn't seem to effect the gameplay mechanics though, and the Blue base area, where Blue Player No. 1 spawns, seemed fine though.

Proof: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/th0mas0532/screenshot/11626210
(It may not show up in the screenshot, but was bright for me during my gameplay.)
So here’s a weird one.. I thought I’d jump into skirmish to try this out and well.. the map only loads in textures in the area of where I spawned... and everywhere else is black and white block textures... really weirded me out, also everywhere I go except my own base the map goes incredibly bright.

Were you on the blue team or red team? I think I had the same problem as you did.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
My friend and I just played it earlier today, and we love it. Its an interesting and fun recreation of fort deen and it works really well. Though we were a bit thrown off at first since the center shield walls were gone.

Speaking of the shield walls. It's kinda cool not having to worry so much about needing to control the sniper towers in order for the walls on the sides to stay standing, and its also cool that they can only be opened from one way. It makes it less likely that a match will be 4 hours long because no one can get past the shields.

The map is perfect for pavium, just like vault. The mega turrets have a very large range of influence, I only had mega turrets at the left and right base in the center of the map in a 3v3 match and I had a wide range of coverage across nearly the whole map.

I also love all the grass, and how colorful the map is in general. Fort deen was my favorite map in halo wars 1, but I didn't really like how everything was oringy brown. But this recreation in halo wars 2 is nicely colored, and even just looking around at the background details is fun.

All in all its a very nice and interesting map, and its certainly a nice breath of fresh air in halo wars 2 now that we have 5 maps in the game now lol. (Yes I know its 11 but come on its really only 5. The grassy one, the sandy one, the forerunner one, and the flood one, and now fort Jordan.)

You guys did a great job with it... If you remake any more older maps in the future, could we perhaps get a remake of terminal moraine for halo wars 2 but with 3v3 capabilities? It was another great map but I never liked that I could only do 1v1 or 2v2 on it.
Ok so here goes, first off thanks for the updated map it's much appreciated.

My thoughts.
In 2's the size of the map seems a bit large, maybe make it a tad bit smaller.
In 3's I noticed that there aren't any mini bases or I may have just been tripping and again in 3's it seems like this map is massive so maybe making it a little smaller and adding some textures around your base. Some parts of the map feel a little bear however I really do like the grass though :)

Bugs
When the match first starts it seems like the position of your base is swapped to the top instead of the regular bottom view which isn't a big deal just throws me off at the beginning of the match.
Unfortunately I was only able to play one match, all the others glitched out and was unplayable for me see video below.
Again thanks for all you guys do and I hope this helps.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253449
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253776
bug: When playing a 1v1 strongholds at Jordan the left stronghold (both starting sides) and the centre right strongholds have actually has a 1 slot mini-base stacked on top of it which also counts to a stronghold. You and the enemy can both build on them so the two mini-bases are clipped inside each other creating a two stronghold 4 slot mini-base
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thatbr1t1shguy0/video/70254599
Firstly, thanks so much for this map, it really brings back memories of endless 3v3 matches here in HW1.

My first point is that i think the 2 garrisons in the middle should be made for two units to compensate for the missing particle wall.

The power nodes feel like they're in the right place so I feel there is no change needed there.

The garrisons at the exit teleporters and gates on the side lanes are fine so far.

I'd like to see possibly some roaming sentinels to replace the rebels at the entrance teleporter on either side. It would slow down rushes which I think is going to be a huge problem when it comes to matchmaking.

When I was using Kodiaks, they seem way too bright, not sure if this is an issue or intended. Also there is missing textures on the frostravens for serina, what I mean is it is black in some spaces but not all

I really like this map remake overall, it plays well and I'm excited to see it in matchmaking.

Final point is that I and as others have stated would like a fort Jordan only playlist, i don't know how you would do it, but any fort Jordan only playlist would be great!

Overall, amazing map remake, it looks great! It plays really well.

If possible I'd love to see more map remakes, I think exile would be excellent with the multi level design for sieging, you have flood assets and it would be amazing to see a flood themed map, if not any map would be amazing. Love your work, and I really appreciate the continued support

You're not, I had the same issue. I've played strongholds and everything was fine, but later on the day I wanted to try deathmatch with Voridus. The bases were extremely bright and the surroundings were covered in black things (about the size of a grunt) that seemed to be thrown around everywhere. Grenadiers and the volitile skin of the Scarab were black as well. Reloading didn't work, but I didn't try another setup.

Other than that, thanks for the map, it's great and I think will bring variety to matches, because the layout differs much from the other maps.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Rude
Just played a 1v1 and 3v3 all with human players. In both matches the grassy areas had thousands of black shadows covering the map. It made it really hard to play. I took a poll in the 3v3 and only about half the players could actually see it. This was a death match. It was so bad, we all resigned and played a different map cause it was too hard to see anything with all the shadows. Also Yap yaps heros were completely blackened from shadows.
I'm really happy Fort Deen is back ! It was the best map in Halo Wars 1 ! These tense and endless games on Fort Deen were the best ones. Thanks for the hard work !

However, I'm somewhat disappointed that the impassable energy barriers in the middle are gone (in my opinion, energy barriers were what truly defined Fort Deen as the best map in Halo Wars 1, the endless fights for the control of these energy barriers with ODST drops are my fondest memories in this game).

Other suggestions :
- add 1, 2 or 3 hills (from the Vault map) on each side of the center area for artillery purposes (Kodiaks+Blisterbacks). The Cobra defensive strategy behind the barriers was quite popular on Fort Deen. And it could add some variety to the terrain and to the strategies. Or maybe something like the center area in Bedrock.
Maybe hills could be added at other places too.

- opponents shouldn't be allowed to desactivate the energy barrier when I'm controlling the garrison next to it. It seems too easy now compared to Fort Deen.

- Halo Wars 1 music would be very cool

- add high-tier Sentinels to protect the teleporters (I remember they were guarded by strong Rebels units in Halo Wars 1). Also, add low-tier Sentinels to protect the energy barriers.

- add 3 sniper towers to guard the exit teleporters (like in the original map)

- some sand/barren surfaces, bushes and craters (from the Vault map) could be added to the terrain here and here for visual variety purposes. Maybe the crashed Pelican (from Bedrock) could be reused to add visual variety on the UNSC side.

I don't know how much work does this require. But thanks for remaking Fort Deen.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Ok so here goes, first off thanks for the updated map it's much appreciated.

My thoughts.
In 2's the size of the map seems a bit large, maybe make it a tad bit smaller.
In 3's I noticed that there aren't any mini bases or I may have just been tripping and again in 3's it seems like this map is massive so maybe making it a little smaller and adding some textures around your base. Some parts of the map feel a little bear however I really do like the grass though :)

Bugs
When the match first starts it seems like the position of your base is swapped to the top instead of the regular bottom view which isn't a big deal just throws me off at the beginning of the match.
Unfortunately I was only able to play one match, all the others glitched out and was unplayable for me see video below.
Again thanks for all you guys do and I hope this helps.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253449
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253776
What do you mean all the others glitched out?

What platform? Can you get a video capture of this?
Just played a 1v1 and 3v3 all with human players. In both matches the grassy areas had thousands of black shadows covering the map. It made it really hard to play. I took a poll in the 3v3 and only about half the players could actually see it. This was a death match. It was so bad, we all resigned and played a different map cause it was too hard to see anything with all the shadows. Also Yap yaps heros were completely blackened from shadows.
We are investigating this on our end.
Yesterday I finally managed to have some good time to play and test Fort Jordan. First of all I want to thank Wrensi for have done this amazing job. I cannot imagine how much time a single person needs to put on this to build this quality. Congratulations. Secondly, I would love to share my opinion and some feedback I hope is well received by you Jordan.

1. There are some obviously needed improvements, as the placeholder image in the selection screen. (If you needed a graphic artist you can contact me ;), always glad to help)
2. It is exactly as I remember, the location of the bases and even some power supplies from the HW1 version. This brings me great memories. I just wish this map could have been a bit more updated for the scale of HW2. There is something about distances that I feel need some changes, this is really hard to accomplish now, but I feel part of this emotion comes because of the fact the land seems really empty. This is an aesthetic issue that I feel could be solved by adding more details. I guess what I want to say is: I wish this map could have been modeled with more "content" like a remaster, some areas seem a bit too empty. The beauty of HW2 maps is that any shot can be an incredible view. This is not hard to accomplish in a map so big as Fort Jordan, it is possible by adding a bit more of complexity in the scenario. "Some creek water, some differences in green landscape, foggy areas, a small lagoon..." Just some minor design elements that don't affect the gameplay.
3. From a gameplay experience, it reminds me so much the first HW that even has brought me some memories of friends back days. Thank you so much for this.
4. The music ends after a few minutes.
5. Isabel starts the matches saying The enemy has lost all their bases.

That is all thanks.
Hello long time fan of the game thank you for the hard work aswell.but Can we do away with the teleports in the map? I mean it's begging for a air spam within 6 mins of the game the teleports take the fun out of the huge maps. Can build vultures and teleport to the back of the base. And all they do is fly up behind the base and boom done game over. Hornets etc will be no use to use the rest of the map. If not then I highly recommend not putting this map on matchmaking please. Thanks.... again thank you for the contuico support for the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8