Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Halo Wars 2 - Fort Jordan Feedback Thread

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8
Postums wrote:
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Ok so here goes, first off thanks for the updated map it's much appreciated.

My thoughts.
In 2's the size of the map seems a bit large, maybe make it a tad bit smaller.
In 3's I noticed that there aren't any mini bases or I may have just been tripping and again in 3's it seems like this map is massive so maybe making it a little smaller and adding some textures around your base. Some parts of the map feel a little bear however I really do like the grass though :)

Bugs
When the match first starts it seems like the position of your base is swapped to the top instead of the regular bottom view which isn't a big deal just throws me off at the beginning of the match.
Unfortunately I was only able to play one match, all the others glitched out and was unplayable for me see video below.
Again thanks for all you guys do and I hope this helps.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253449
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253776
What do you mean all the others glitched out?
What I meant was Everytime I loaded the Fort Jordan Postums it had those black stuff all on the ground like in the videos, I only tried 3 times then I went to play ranked.
Repeated issue: the textures that I think are meant to be bushes just render as black shapes. Buildings and structures are also really, really bright and the combination with the black texturing just makes it impossible to play. A lot of units appear black/shaded as well. This was experienced in custom games only as I’ve not encountered the map online yet. Moreover, I’m playing on the original Xbox one, rather than the one X - not sure if this has an effect.
Fort jorden is a awesome i love it and its a cool layout from the first one its a cool map especially the removal of the partical walls. Awesome map

This post has been hidden.

0
I also love all the grass, and how colorful the map is in general. Fort deen was my favorite map in halo wars 1, but I didn't really like how everything was oringy brown. But this recreation in halo wars 2 is nicely colored, and even just looking around at the background details is fun.

Hi! I liked your post, you talked about different aspects and your approach was really well elaborated and structured. I liked the read. I was wondering what do you think about some areas I feel they look a bit empty. In my opinion, the map has some details but still miss some more complexity I wish it had. Most of the portions of the image are a big flat metal, or a big flat grass land. It could have been great to get some variety on the field, some extra elaborated details that can affect to the overall look of big portions. To feel everything is more connected.

Even more worse than that ia the fact that this map has been build by blocks, which give it an too cheap feeling. Forerunner structure stuck with unsc, covenant ship stuck inside a wall, some metal walls plumped together with some forerunner structures... I dont know. I dont really like this. I understand the conditions in which this "new map" is coming and all the weight this must be for just one person. But is it right to get this content at this state? I love it, dont get me wrong, however I feel HW2 design stands in a level that this map hasnt reached yet. I am probably wrong, but I wish more people and artists could have work on this to make it an amazing new map. What do you think? Thanks RuthlessSkate
Is it possible to change that the teleport not teleport across the map but just the base under the ramp because i feel like it will incite the mma to be rush only map seeing how ln 2v2 or 3v3 even if you know the rush is coming it be to easy for 3 covies to use jump brutes to instantly destroy one player aan that be undefendable because of the sheer volume of unit 3x players will be able to produce and even building vs that it will mean that on 2v2 or 3s one player being take out too fast .

Like for example u have 3 players at say low ball it 2 min already built4-5 j brutes then time 3 being 3 players all of them teleport and by thay point the other players might have say 3-4 marines each which wont be anab to stop a base from falling then on a 1s the amount it dealable with since the amount is lower but on 2n 3s that low number poer player becomes too much

Wel that's just me seeing so far this
BlinxESP wrote:
I also love all the grass, and how colorful the map is in general. Fort deen was my favorite map in halo wars 1, but I didn't really like how everything was oringy brown. But this recreation in halo wars 2 is nicely colored, and even just looking around at the background details is fun.

Hi! I liked your post, you talked about different aspects and your approach was really well elaborated and structured. I liked the read. I was wondering what do you think about some areas I feel they look a bit empty. In my opinion, the map has some details but still miss some more complexity I wish it had. Most of the portions of the image are a big flat metal, or a big flat grass land. It could have been great to get some variety on the field, some extra elaborated details that can affect to the overall look of big portions. To feel everything is more connected.

Even more worse than that ia the fact that this map has been build by blocks, which give it an too cheap feeling. Forerunner structure stuck with unsc, covenant ship stuck inside a wall, some metal walls plumped together with some forerunner structures... I dont know. I dont really like this. I understand the conditions in which this "new map" is coming and all the weight this must be for just one person. But is it right to get this content at this state? I love it, dont get me wrong, however I feel HW2 design stands in a level that this map hasnt reached yet. I am probably wrong, but I wish more people and artists could have work on this to make it an amazing new map. What do you think? Thanks RuthlessSkate
I know what you mean about this map feeling cheap. It doesn't seem to have the quality of the other maps. I am glad we get new maps but maybe they should be a bit more polished first in order to match the high standard and beauty of this game. Something of lesser quality sticks out like a sore thumb...
Perhaps to avoid JPB rush through teleporters, some vet 3 Sentinels could guard it, maybe 1 Protector Sentinel too, and the need to destroy them first before the teleporter can be used. A simple solution that could fix that issue. Will allow non-rushing players to set up an effective defense
Perhaps to avoid JPB rush through teleporters, some vet 3 Sentinels could guard it, maybe 1 Protector Sentinel too, and the need to destroy them first before the teleporter can be used. A simple solution that could fix that issue. Will allow non-rushing players to set up an effective defense
That honestly wouldn’t fix anything imo
Swerve LC wrote:
Perhaps to avoid JPB rush through teleporters, some vet 3 Sentinels could guard it, maybe 1 Protector Sentinel too, and the need to destroy them first before the teleporter can be used. A simple solution that could fix that issue. Will allow non-rushing players to set up an effective defense
That honestly wouldn’t fix anything imo
What makes you think that?
the issue with that by the time you start pumping them they are already there killing you thats the issue most of the things that will help to have a number greater than 1-2 would require more than the 2 min mark seeing how for example sentinels you get usually the second leader point for example at 1:30 ish and then it takes 20 secs per sentinel , the only leader that could do something might be forget with his Y but that wont be enough if they keep sending a constant wave after the initial one cuz they will still do the damage before you can even get the resources even to get to a standing point
BlinxESP wrote:
I also love all the grass, and how colorful the map is in general. Fort deen was my favorite map in halo wars 1, but I didn't really like how everything was oringy brown. But this recreation in halo wars 2 is nicely colored, and even just looking around at the background details is fun.

Hi! I liked your post, you talked about different aspects and your approach was really well elaborated and structured. I liked the read. I was wondering what do you think about some areas I feel they look a bit empty. In my opinion, the map has some details but still miss some more complexity I wish it had. Most of the portions of the image are a big flat metal, or a big flat grass land. It could have been great to get some variety on the field, some extra elaborated details that can affect to the overall look of big portions. To feel everything is more connected.

Even more worse than that ia the fact that this map has been build by blocks, which give it an too cheap feeling. Forerunner structure stuck with unsc, covenant ship stuck inside a wall, some metal walls plumped together with some forerunner structures... I dont know. I dont really like this. I understand the conditions in which this "new map" is coming and all the weight this must be for just one person. But is it right to get this content at this state? I love it, dont get me wrong, however I feel HW2 design stands in a level that this map hasnt reached yet. I am probably wrong, but I wish more people and artists could have work on this to make it an amazing new map. What do you think? Thanks RuthlessSkate
Hmm well personally I like how the map looks, and all the empty space is because the map is slightly bigger than it was in halo wars 1. Personally I think its all perfectly fine. The one issue I do have with this map is the shield walls on the side.

In the first game the only way to have the shield wall on was to have troops in the tower, and the only way to turn it off was to remove them either by disembarking them or having them killed.

But in the second game that's not the case, the tower does nothing other than provide vision, and as a consequence you can just have your army walk up to the wall and turn it off with the push of a button.
BlinxESP wrote:
I know what you mean about this map feeling cheap. It doesn't seem to have the quality of the other maps. I am glad we get new maps but maybe they should be a bit more polished first in order to match the high standard and beauty of this game. Something of lesser quality sticks out like a sore thumb...
Exactly, I think you got my point. I am not saying I am right, you know, some people out there I am sure they are really really happy. But when I jump into other maps and I see the number of details and art put on them, I feel Fort Jordan is not reaching the bar, and foremost it doesn't belong to the same game. That´s all, just a pity they couldn't get anyone to help out more on this. Props to the folk that works hard on this with passion, but a game like HW2 deserves better.
The map is good overall but around the teleport exits makes the base near there too vulnerable to mass attack especially in early game by jump pack brutes. I have two options to possibly solve it. The first option is something unique like a one turret slot or two to help defend and it be mainly in 2v2 and 3v3 but the turrets cannot be affected by base fortification upgrade. The turret option will be a nice call back to the original halo wars maps. The second option is to add two more garrisons if the turret option is not possible to add to the map.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Postums wrote:
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Ok so here goes, first off thanks for the updated map it's much appreciated.

My thoughts.
In 2's the size of the map seems a bit large, maybe make it a tad bit smaller.
In 3's I noticed that there aren't any mini bases or I may have just been tripping and again in 3's it seems like this map is massive so maybe making it a little smaller and adding some textures around your base. Some parts of the map feel a little bear however I really do like the grass though :)

Bugs
When the match first starts it seems like the position of your base is swapped to the top instead of the regular bottom view which isn't a big deal just throws me off at the beginning of the match.
Unfortunately I was only able to play one match, all the others glitched out and was unplayable for me see video below.
Again thanks for all you guys do and I hope this helps.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253449
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lucianheat/video/70253776
What do you mean all the others glitched out?
What I meant was Everytime I loaded the Fort Jordan Postums it had those black stuff all on the ground like in the videos, I only tried 3 times then I went to play ranked.
So all weekend long we tried to play on this map, I even had multiple people host and every time the map loaded for us it was covers with blacks spots everywhere. This really sucks because I really wanted to to play a few matches on the new map. Hopefully you guys can figure out what's wrong and again thank's for all the work you guys put in.
Swerve LC wrote:
Perhaps to avoid JPB rush through teleporters, some vet 3 Sentinels could guard it, maybe 1 Protector Sentinel too, and the need to destroy them first before the teleporter can be used. A simple solution that could fix that issue. Will allow non-rushing players to set up an effective defense
That honestly wouldn’t fix anything imo
What makes you think that?
The problem isn’t the teleporters it’s the players the same way they can send in jbps you can send through scouts to check you confirm what’s going on
what you need to do is learn how to stop A rush

adding sentinals would defeat the purpose of having the teleporter in the game how would you slow down eco based leaders?

ontop of that if you stop someone’s rush guess what now your ahead in the game because their eco is now destroyed and you have map presence so you can take the map over.
Добрый день не могу запустить игру
HALO WARS 2 что мне делать софт установлен система подходит?
I haven't played halo wars 2 in months hearing about the new map made me re download the game. Thing is i started the game up & loaded the map only to discover black bushes all over the map. Completely ruined it in my opinion & quit. Though I know this will probably & more likely get fixed. So looking forward to the fixes hopefully soon lol.

Edit: Playing on Xbox One S if that helps
I haven't played halo wars 2 in months hearing about the new map made me re download the game. Thing is i started the game up & loaded the map only to discover black bushes all over the map. Completely ruined it in my opinion & quit. Though I know this will probably & more likely get fixed. So looking forward to the fixes hopefully soon lol.

Edit: Playing on Xbox One S if that helps
It is a console issue form what I've heard and seen, restarting the game fixes the issue.
Swerve LC wrote:
Swerve LC wrote:
Perhaps to avoid JPB rush through teleporters, some vet 3 Sentinels could guard it, maybe 1 Protector Sentinel too, and the need to destroy them first before the teleporter can be used. A simple solution that could fix that issue. Will allow non-rushing players to set up an effective defense
That honestly wouldn’t fix anything imo
What makes you think that?
The problem isn’t the teleporters it’s the players the same way they can send in jbps you can send through scouts to check you confirm what’s going on
what you need to do is learn how to stop A rush

adding sentinals would defeat the purpose of having the teleporter in the game how would you slow down eco based leaders?

ontop of that if you stop someone’s rush guess what now your ahead in the game because their eco is now destroyed and you have map presence so you can take the map over.
Uhh..Having JPBs at 1 minute at my base is certainly not okay lol You say "This slows down eco based leaders" but I always see eco based leaders do the rush to get ahead even farther omegalul
Also that map is so big getting control won't last long, they can still secure an expo that you'll struggle to push on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8