Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Halo Wars 2 - Fort Jordan Feedback Thread

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
I haven't played halo wars 2 in months hearing about the new map made me re download the game. Thing is i started the game up & loaded the map only to discover black bushes all over the map. Completely ruined it in my opinion & quit. Though I know this will probably & more likely get fixed. So looking forward to the fixes hopefully soon lol.

Edit: Playing on Xbox One S if that helps
It is a console issue form what I've heard and seen, restarting the game fixes the issue.
Oh OK I will give restarting it a try today then. Hopefully this issue can be fixed easily cause restarting the game over & over till it works would be a pain lol. I will post back if that works when I try it later today.
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
Perhaps to avoid JPB rush through teleporters, some vet 3 Sentinels could guard it, maybe 1 Protector Sentinel too, and the need to destroy them first before the teleporter can be used. A simple solution that could fix that issue. Will allow non-rushing players to set up an effective defense
That honestly wouldn’t fix anything imo
What makes you think that?
The problem isn’t the teleporters it’s the players the same way they can send in jbps you can send through scouts to check you confirm what’s going on
what you need to do is learn how to stop A rush

adding sentinals would defeat the purpose of having the teleporter in the game how would you slow down eco based leaders?

ontop of that if you stop someone’s rush guess what now your ahead in the game because their eco is now destroyed and you have map presence so you can take the map over.
Uhh..Having JPBs at 1 minute at my base is certainly not okay lol You say "This slows down eco based leaders" but I always see eco based leaders do the rush to get ahead even farther omegalul
Also that map is so big getting control won't last long, they can still secure an expo that you'll struggle to push on.
Your lying because it’s literally impossible to have a job at your base in 1 minute on top of that you should be scouting the other player I’ve already tested how long it takes to get one jpb to your side of the map

although times vary depending on what side your on if your spawn on base side it’s about 1:18 to get to your base on grass side it’s about 1:10.

but if your referring to a 3 to 4 minute jpb rush or what ever that’s another story and you should be able to stop it you just need a scout and you need to learn to micro stop spamming all units, all units, all units

It takes s scout a about 1:07 to see the base by that time you should be building your 4th pad on your base there is multiple ways to stop that rush you could have may only your starting two marines collecting resources while your building army is waiting to defend there is multiple ways to go about.

but even if most ppl can’t stop the rush guess what will be getting nerfed jpbs I want either the banished nerfed or unsc buffed it’s crazy how unsc has all a the worst leaders in the game with a few stand out while banished have the best leaders and the other banished leaders fall under the mid teir section no banished is unplayable at all but you have several unplayable unsc
serina, isebel, Johnson although I think Johnson is fun to play and isebel spartan Alice always holds it down for me but every one will agree they need buffs

litterly everything is stoppable in this game at this state al long as the unit isn’t boarder line broken
are there thoughts to release a map editor? Simply because this recent map, is well... uninspired, I believe there are players who could develop a map with better looks and gameplay.
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
Perhaps to avoid JPB rush through teleporters, some vet 3 Sentinels could guard it, maybe 1 Protector Sentinel too, and the need to destroy them first before the teleporter can be used. A simple solution that could fix that issue. Will allow non-rushing players to set up an effective defense
That honestly wouldn’t fix anything imo
What makes you think that?
The problem isn’t the teleporters it’s the players the same way they can send in jbps you can send through scouts to check you confirm what’s going on
what you need to do is learn how to stop A rush

adding sentinals would defeat the purpose of having the teleporter in the game how would you slow down eco based leaders?

ontop of that if you stop someone’s rush guess what now your ahead in the game because their eco is now destroyed and you have map presence so you can take the map over.
Uhh..Having JPBs at 1 minute at my base is certainly not okay lol You say "This slows down eco based leaders" but I always see eco based leaders do the rush to get ahead even farther omegalul
Also that map is so big getting control won't last long, they can still secure an expo that you'll struggle to push on.
Your lying because it’s literally impossible to have a job at your base in 1 minute on top of that you should be scouting the other player I’ve already tested how long it takes to get one jpb to your side of the map

although times vary depending on what side your on if your spawn on base side it’s about 1:18 to get to your base on grass side it’s about 1:10.

but if your referring to a 3 to 4 minute jpb rush or what ever that’s another story and you should be able to stop it you just need a scout and you need to learn to micro stop spamming all units, all units, all units

It takes s scout a about 1:07 to see the base by that time you should be building your 4th pad on your base there is multiple ways to stop that rush you could have may only your starting two marines collecting resources while your building army is waiting to defend there is multiple ways to go about.

but even if most ppl can’t stop the rush guess what will be getting nerfed jpbs I want either the banished nerfed or unsc buffed it’s crazy how unsc has all a the worst leaders in the game with a few stand out while banished have the best leaders and the other banished leaders fall under the mid teir section no banished is unplayable at all but you have several unplayable unsc
serina, isebel, Johnson although I think Johnson is fun to play and isebel spartan Alice always holds it down for me but every one will agree they need buffs

litterly everything is stoppable in this game at this state al long as the unit isn’t boarder line broken
It's not just the fastest rush that is a problem, the threat of jpb coming to your base is present the whole game making it impossible to both have units in position to defend and be taking map control. Atriox for example is a huge issue in 1v1. Remember the moment those jbp go through that teleporter they can immediately jump up to your base whereas any units away from the base are going to take 2 years to get back. This is a threat till you get several AI turrets up and those things are damn expensive.
Idk if you are aware that the textures are not loading. Its only the grass... throughout the hole map.(it is the color black) Other then that, pavium once picked up the bug onto the special units. We’re currently playing rn as jerome, so far the textures are working. It took about 6-8 times to load it in. It looks like its all speciel units that pick it up. Im playing xbox one s, thank you guys for the support and time.
For those having texture issues, which version are you playing? I play on the XONE X and the map loads in perfectly. I still have to experience such thing.
EDIT: Here's the number of cases reported in this thread for each platform.
  • OG Xbox One: 5
  • Xbox One S: 3
  • Xbox One X: 1
  • PC: 0
venartm wrote:
are there thoughts to release a map editor? Simply because this recent map, is well... uninspired, I believe there are players who could develop a map with better looks and gameplay.
^^This is the real talk^^ I cannot agree more with you.
For those having texture issues, which version are you playing? I play on the XONE X and the map loads in perfectly. I still have to experience such thing.
I've experienced it a couple times. Grass is all black, and bright is brighter, especially amongst the black grass. Brightness dims to normal when you move the camera back to your starting base. At least the northern blue team base. Also units will sometimes become black too. I'm playing on a regular Xbox One.
Stronghold gameplay has an error. there are two stronghold locations that have 2 stronghold spawners stacked. (PC version)
For those having texture issues, which version are you playing? I play on the XONE X and the map loads in perfectly. I still have to experience such thing.
I've experienced it a couple times. Grass is all black, and bright is brighter, especially amongst the black grass. Brightness dims to normal when you move the camera back to your starting base. At least the northern blue team base. Also units will sometimes become black too. I'm playing on a regular Xbox One.
Same issue here. Regular Xbone.
Thx for making this map! Please make more! Even new 1v1 would be good
Love the new map!! When will we be getting the next balance update?
A sandbox please like we spawn anything or build are own map so we can play with friends on a custom map
For those having texture issues, which version are you playing? I play on the XONE X and the map loads in perfectly. I still have to experience such thing.
EDIT: Here's the number of cases reported in this thread for each platform.
  • OG Xbox One: 3
  • Xbox One S: 2
  • Xbox One X: 0
  • PC: 0
OG X Box One
Game saved to external add on hard drive.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.La música se detiene en el minuto 5 del juego.
Who is doing this moderation need to chill out. English Spanish french and so on. We all play the game and it's easy to use Google translate. Much easier then to post a mod reply. Especially since the reply was usefull.

Here for you.
TRANSLATION: The music stops 5 minutes into the game
Sierra0138 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.La música se detiene en el minuto 5 del juego.
Who is doing this moderation need to chill out. English Spanish french and so on. We all play the game and it's easy to use Google translate. Much easier then to post a mod reply. Especially since the reply was usefull.

Here for you.
TRANSLATION: The music stops 5 minutes into the game
Google Translate isn't accurate. Telling a Moderator to chill out because they're doing their job is silly lol
Sierra0138 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.La música se detiene en el minuto 5 del juego.
Who is doing this moderation need to chill out. English Spanish french and so on. We all play the game and it's easy to use Google translate. Much easier then to post a mod reply. Especially since the reply was usefull.

Here for you.
TRANSLATION: The music stops 5 minutes into the game
Google Translate isn't accurate. Telling a Moderator to chill out because they're doing their job is silly lol
Were is it stated that this is a English only furum ? Nowhere so no they aren't doing they're job.
As far a google translate. It is better to speak to everyone instead of a minority of people. It isn't only english people who play the Halo games. Otherwise the games would never had different voice actor for almost each language.
Sierra0138 wrote:
Sierra0138 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.La música se detiene en el minuto 5 del juego.
Were is it stated that this is a English only furum ? Nowhere so no they aren't doing they're job.
As far a google translate. It is better to speak to everyone instead of a minority of people. It isn't only english people who play the Halo games. Otherwise the games would never had different voice actor for almost each language.
This quote is taken from Halo Waypoint Forum Rules and Guidelines
Quote:
  • Do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, cross-posting, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).
Now, consider this conversation done. This thread is for feedback on Fort Jordan so let's stick to that subject, if you do have any moderation questions feel free to send me a PM.
venartm wrote:
are there thoughts to release a map editor? Simply because this recent map, is well... uninspired, I believe there are players who could develop a map with better looks and gameplay.
Look this game is not seeing any professional designed DLC so you need to shut up and say thank you for all the hard work that was put into this just to have a new map. I'm grateful to see a new map and it brings back old memories, I also hope they keep it up for possible new content. Hateful comments like these will not push them to make new content.
ok, I've played for hoooooooouuuuurrrrrssssss on this map already with my cousins and theres a couple glaring issues with this map. as much as I freakin LOVE fort dean this map was simply not made for wars 2. certain leaders are absolutely broken on this map because this design of map was never intended to be played with this style of play. honestly, I have no idea how to fix these issues or if they even can be fixed but these are just one mans in-depth opinion who just so happens to love halo wars 1 and 2 and plays them way too much.

Number 1 and definitely the biggest issue is Pavium. pavium is already a very good leader. not broken but a very strong leader but on fort de- I mean Jordan, Pavium is BROKEN, ESPECIALLY in 2v2. you simply cannot push up on pavium when there is a mini base In the top middle slot with 2 building slots and he puts the mega turrets on it. it forces you to start spamming air for the entirety of the game just because of his mega turrets. also, if you have the back corner bases and put mega turrets on it you can't move up the ramps without taking heavy damage. if you have the middle side bases closest to the middle you can get shot at over the ravine if you put a watch tower on the base across from it. there are countless reasons paviums mega turrets are broken on fort Jordan. but id be writing about it for the entire post. idk how in the world this can be addressed but paviums mega turrets were clearly not ever made for this map seeing as how its a remake the map simply wasn't made with this style of play in mind and it shows in how broken the mega turrets are on this map.

number 2 this is more of a bug than a balance issue but if you send too many bigger sized units like grizzlys or wraiths through the teleporter it seems to run out of space to put them all and then starts to put them up on the ledge by the base and this is obviously a big issue because it allows for the player to put leader powers on the base.

number 3 there really isn't a reason to ever go along the sides with the way leader powers function in this game. you can wipe out an entire army with a fully upgraded napalm strike from kinsano since the "hallway" is too narrow the units can't dodge it fast enough unless you are very diligent with a teleport or something like that.

number 4 watchtowers and this is a big one that I haven't seen anyone talk about and is likely brushed under the rug. watchtowers are a huge issue on this map. especially on the gorge side where there is just a hole in the ground and not the mountain side. if you park a couple blister backs by the front middle base and make a couple watch towers you can see over the gap and the blister backs will just rain down upon the opponent on the other side. the mountain side isn't as bad because obviously you have the mountain to block most of the sight line. I feel a simple fix for this is to just give it a wall instead of a hole in the ground.

number 5 I admit this is more of a complaint than a balance issue but currently the on map generators are in really irritating positions when facing a leader like Serena or atriox because they have leader powers that effect the generators. Serenas chill aura is particularly annoying to deal with when she gets the generator in the middle of the map and also the one right in front of the one base on the side the aura actually hits the base and also instantly starts to chill your units when they come out of the base. I have no idea where they can be placed but in their current spots they are very irritating to deal with when facing certain leaders.

number 6 the garisons on the side of the middle generator. these freakin garrisons... certain units, especially the sniper units once you use Jerome's line of sight upgrade, give an unfair sightline dam near hitting the front of the side bases, again much more of an issue on the side with the hole in the ground not so much on the mountainside.

and my final observation number 7 is that the jump pack brutes are extremely inconsistent on this map. its very strange, sometimes they can jump over the gorge sometimes not, sometimes they can make it up both of the walls by the middle teleporters but more often then not they can't, also they can't fly over the entire mountain but they can clip through the corners of the mountain. sooooooo yea jump pack brutes are very strange on this map and kinda do what they want when they want.

so thats it. I hope someone sees this and maybe my hours of play can make a difference. if not eh... just wanted to give my feedback.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8