OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
The Deci Drop from Decimus is in desperate need of a nerf. He's head and shoulders above any other leader in the game and that drop with his free Y ability is easily the best power in the game. I propose raising the cost to 1600/1600 and his population to 20. Each of Jeromes Spartans take up an equivalent 10 pop and all 3 of them would have are pretty hard time taking Deci down after all of his passives, not to mention there's usually a suited up walking sponge of a Warlord accompanying him.
AKAtheFonz wrote:
Omg why are you buffing conduit of rage hes already op lmao. People are just noobs and don't know to play him well he has no counters except for issabell, but no one plays her so it's fine.
Needed a bigger buff tbh lol
His C.O.R is fine, maybe a speed buff for the leader and another slight bump to DPS or a slightly larger AOE giving it more coverage for plasma blot. So far, that thing is fantastic compared to what it used to be.

I'm definitely for the AOE buff over a DPS buff.
The arbiter and the shipmaster do not need speed buffs when theyre already fairly tanky against most of their counters and outrun most vehicles. Suis and elites barely do anything to them and unless youre human and catch them with a couple of snipers, they can be annoying as hell early-mid game. I think all the heroes need to be brought down a notch. I get theyre supposed to be special but theyre still realistically just regular units to a degree. Id rather see them all get special effects or abilities rather than being god tier monsters. Theres no reason realistically that it should take 20 elite squads shooting a brute or an elite in the face should be able to wipe out 10 of them or more, go heal then come right back into battle not to mention their energy swords do a fair amount of damage to buildings. Im just picturing an elite stabbing a building with their sword 😂. I get its a video game but still..

and before you guys start jumping down my throat or calling me a crap player, just understand what i’m saying, it shouldnt take over 40 pop cap to kill or even weaken a hero. Even in the original halo games, one blast from a Hunter on legendary and masterchief would say nightnight
Never said Shippy needed a buff only the Arbiter and a small buff that would be close to shippy before his passive raid one ability.

Anywho it's a hero unit and it doesn't take much to kill them and they can be rendered useless quickly depending on your skill level. This is an RTS and the first Halo series is a FPS, so we are comparing apples to oranges. The hero units during launch were worthless units so they have been receiving buffs and Nerfs to make them more appealing and useful in the game. You would know this if you took the time to read the past patch notes.

So yeah, part of it is your skill level and how you approach killing a hero unit. A really easy way is to ram them with several scout units stunning them, removing the shields, and running them down. Now you opponent has wasted 300/300 depending on the hero unit and you have won the eco game in the start out and potentially end the game shortly after.
Some Heroes will delete scouts making this hard to do with Hero + Grunt spam against leaders like Atriox or Ship (Yeah, he one taps scouts)
It's still effective against some like Arby but Arbiter never should open Hero anyway
What about the ghost/sui opener?
<p></p>
Ghost and Sui is a good opener, with Arbiter buffs its probably better to now.
AKAtheFonz wrote:
Omg why are you buffing conduit of rage hes already op lmao. People are just noobs and don't know to play him well he has no counters except for issabell, but no one plays her so it's fine.
His C.O.R is fine, maybe a speed buff for the leader and another slight bump to DPS or a slightly larger AOE giving it more coverage for plasma blot. So far, that thing is fantastic compared to what it used to be.

The arbiter and the shipmaster do not need speed buffs when theyre already fairly tanky against most of their counters and outrun most vehicles. Suis and elites barely do anything to them and unless youre human and catch them with a couple of snipers, they can be annoying as hell early-mid game. I think all the heroes need to be brought down a notch. I get theyre supposed to be special but theyre still realistically just regular units to a degree. Id rather see them all get special effects or abilities rather than being god tier monsters. Theres no reason realistically that it should take 20 elite squads shooting a brute or an elite in the face should be able to wipe out 10 of them or more, go heal then come right back into battle not to mention their energy swords do a fair amount of damage to buildings. Im just picturing an elite stabbing a building with their sword 😂. I get its a video game but still..

and before you guys start jumping down my throat or calling me a crap player, just understand what i’m saying, it shouldnt take over 40 pop cap to kill or even weaken a hero. Even in the original halo games, one blast from a Hunter on legendary and masterchief would say nightnight
Never said Shippy needed a buff only the Arbiter and a small buff that would be close to shippy before his passive raid one ability.

Anywho it's a hero unit and it doesn't take much to kill them and they can be rendered useless quickly depending on your skill level. This is an RTS and the first Halo series is a FPS, so we are comparing apples to oranges. The hero units during launch were worthless units so they have been receiving buffs and Nerfs to make them more appealing and useful in the game. You would know this if you took the time to read the past patch notes.

So yeah, part of it is your skill level and how you approach killing a hero unit. A really easy way is to ram them with several scout units stunning them, removing the shields, and running them down. Now you opponent has wasted 300/300 depending on the hero unit and you have won the eco game in the start out and potentially end the game shortly after.
Some Heroes will delete scouts making this hard to do with Hero + Grunt spam against leaders like Atriox or Ship (Yeah, he one taps scouts)
It's still effective against some like Arby but Arbiter never should open Hero anyway
<p></p>
I've been toying with the plasma bolt instead of COR, and it seems to only be truly worth it at level 3 and it pillages units.
AKAtheFonz wrote:

<p></p>
I've been toying with the plasma bolt instead of COR, and it seems to only be truly worth it at level 3 and it pillages units.
Yeah, I still dont think Plasma Bolt is really worth it. It just becomes a good power with Power Surge 3 and Lvl 3 bolt.
Please buff marines nades vs scouts omg do I hate the interaction between them. Why am I investing 400 power into a upgrade that doesn’t do its job. The nades never hit their target and don’t do as much as shrapnel rounds if I paid 400 for it not to do it’s job like what the point.

marines>scouts>rush units>marine
that’s how it should be but it doesn’t work like that not to mention marines need a upgrade to beat scouts which is more power so please fix marines
Yall need to fix the disconnecting issue and taking are score away when disconnected its bad you make it to diamond 4 then get disconnected lose all of it going back to diamond 1 anti air for unsc needs buffed too as well cant control the sky with 25 banshee and hornets.
Let me tell y'all something this is your 2nd halo wars and y'all aint doing nothing new and its kinda getting boring you guys can add new maps or the old ones because were only playing 11 maps and im pretty sure you guys can at least make one last DLC and even put the Prophet on here maybe even add the ODST hero squad even better put the flood on multiplayer. And I would really hate for this game to go to waste its really good and it can be so much more if you do something to it.Please guys and luv y'all
Game is still crashing :) so frustrating
Let me tell y'all something this is your 2nd halo wars and y'all aint doing nothing new and its kinda getting boring you guys can add new maps or the old ones because were only playing 11 maps and im pretty sure you guys can at least make one last DLC and even put the Prophet on here maybe even add the ODST hero squad even better put the flood on multiplayer. And I would really hate for this game to go to waste its really good and it can be so much more if you do something to it.Please guys and luv y'all
You do know these aren't the same creators as the first right?
So can we talk about how stupidly broken air units can be in large numbers after they are upgraded? Anti-Air...which is supposed to COUNTER air units can barely do the job...in fact nearly all the games I've lost were due to a spam of air units...it's a very broken meta and it's not good at all.
I mostly play halo wars 2 skirmish matches against A.I Players and it is a little hard to deal with varios A.I what are being helped allready could the updates what help these A.I not be added to the single player skirmish matches. Please.
I mostly play halo wars 2 skirmish matches against A.I Players and it is a little hard to deal with varios A.I what are being helped allready could the updates what help these A.I not be added to the single player skirmish matches. Please.
The AI in rts games is notorious for being bad, either it cheats or acts like a vegetable. If there were some way to fix it easily it would've been done ages ago. That isn't to say it isn't possible, but it certainly isn't an easy fix. Which is all I'd keep my hopes up for with a single guy working on the balance of the game.
still waiting for air spam to be nerfed
So can we talk about how stupidly broken air units can be in large numbers after they are upgraded? Anti-Air...which is supposed to COUNTER air units can barely do the job...in fact nearly all the games I've lost were due to a spam of air units...it's a very broken meta and it's not good at all.
Air isn't broken; you need to use the right unit composition. It appears broken in 2s and 3s because you have terrible teammates. CTs, grunts and the hard counters shred air units so there may be a buff needed for Wolverines on the DPS or speed side of things, but the air units are fine.
Fix the bug where you tell your units to go somewhere then go back to your base to macro your units don’t listen and go back to your base
I believe the reliance and dominance of air with no true counter in both the aspects of speed and DPS take away from other enjoyable strategies the game has to offer for a variety of players. I have had numerous strategies that friends and I have came up with that did not nearly neutralize air units like Vampires could. I have been champion 1 before for multiple seasons early in games development and took a break after the grind that summer. The closest thing from a UNSC perspective to a true air counter is the speed of Wolverines from Kinsanso or simply freezing tactics with Serina. Best wishes in the future developments and look forward to the direction and hard work Postums has put into this game on his accord it is appreciated!
I like the patch its refreshing to get some change in hw2. And 343 i absolutely love the arbiter buffs hes all i play oh how i remember the days when he was op. Question does he still health regeneration on COR? And if so whats the percentage? I have 3 request can you all make phantoms more durable/viable? Please switch the teleport with the 1st stasis and can the arbiter hero get more speed closer to shipmasters so that he is easier to get out of battle bc hes a melee hero. You guys are doing a great job thank you all and keep up the good work.
He still has Regen but it's like 3% at t3 so it's really effective with cloak/siphon. Phantoms are weak but you have to invest in global air upgrades to make them beefier, they're still a good unit.

Why switch stasis? I think thats a bad move and isn't needed.
I almost never use teleport though it can be useful ie enforcer rush then when over teleport suis onto their infantry army. I like the stasis more bc it helps in engagements if u use it correctly u can neutralize part of the enemies army and kill off his leader or whatever u want to isolate and kill. Also since this patch i am able to open up with arby but i will agree the ghost sui is still a better option.
Increase the AOE of plasma blot, the damage buff is fine where it is but an AOE increase would place it in a very good position.
To everyone complaining about this patch, please don’t be so negatively about it. I see this kind of thing all the time, with every single game, and I’m not trying to start a fight or anything but try to think a little more positively. No game designer ever actively tries to make their game worse, as it seems some of you are suggesting, and they would not make the changes unless they truly thought that it would improve the game. As for the Decimus thing, they are only trying to make sure they get it right. I understand why everyone wants a nerf quickly (I too have seen how OP he is), but truly it’s better to get him right the first time then have to fix him over the course of four or five patches.
I respect your opinions, and if you are posting genuine feedback and suggestions then good, you’re probably helping improve the game, but if you are just complaining about stuff constantly without being constructive, it’s just depressing and unhelpful.
Once again, I’m not trying to pick a fight, I’m just making a point.
TBE Reek wrote:
Please buff marines nades vs scouts omg do I hate the interaction between them. Why am I investing 400 power into a upgrade that doesn’t do its job. The nades never hit their target and don’t do as much as shrapnel rounds if I paid 400 for it not to do it’s job like what the point.

marines>scouts>rush units>marine
that’s how it should be but it doesn’t work like that not to mention marines need a upgrade to beat scouts which is more power so please fix marines
Marine’s grenades are not really designed for destroying scouts, and with how early on in the game you can acquire that upgrade it could render scout units virtually useless very early on, which is one of the most important times to scout, and at those times it the only units really available are core infantry, scout units and possibly anti-building/ rush units. One thing grenades are highly effective against is buildings and grouped infantry, such as the rush units you mentioned, which is one of the reasons grenades are so useful early in the game, being effective at decimating early armies and weakening defences. I believe they really are the intended targets of marines, so based on all that I would think that making grenades then effective against scout units would make them slightly too adaptable and generally powerful for early game.
That being said, I’m not fantastically experienced at Halo Wars 2 or strategy games in general, so you may well be right :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11