Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2 2nd anniversary look back

OP TJ sixtyfour

Today is Halo Wars 2 2nd anniversary. The game has changed quite a bit since it came out 2 years ago. So lets look back and see what the game used to look like when it first came out here's what I can think of.

• Scout rushes were OP especially the Choppers
  • An army Protector sentinels were OP. Here's an old clip of mine showing how they used to melt bases in mere seconds https://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=90834795
  • Atriox's Eradication used to do way too much building damage
  • Snipers were very strong and could stun all infantry units even hero's (They can still do that in the campaign)
  • Elite Rangers used to be pretty bad. Compared to the Sniper's
  • Cutter's infantrys used to run at lightning speed! or pretty close to it
  • Isabel and Decimus were the 2 worst or least picked leaders in the game
  • The cost of training Locusts was much cheaper and they were much scarier then they are now
  • Core vehicles were terrible
  • Tanks were terrible
  • There was no shield stacking
  • Plasma torpedo was much stronger and they were better at fighting air units then the AA units
  • With Logistics level 3 Marines and Banshees takes only like 3 seconds to train
  • You could not see your opponents units veterancy (I would have preferred they kept it like that)
  • You could see your opponents gamertags and ranks before the match and there were no penalties for dodging
  • The game had a really bad crashing problem
  • The game launched with 9 MP maps now it has 11 maps!...man they made a lot of DLC maps for this game and yet no Frozen Valley remake :(
Back when Locusts moved as fast as Warthogs. Those were the days
I remember the locust ball of pain and death. The only unit people would build as banished, it was a horrible time to be alive.
I mean, it's kind of always been a horrible time to be alive when it comes to HW2 balance. There's always something broken.
u forgot we were able to control enemy units.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I need some clarification on this.
You mean with Isabels Ghost in the machine?
Or do you mean it was a bug?
Today is Halo Wars 2 2nd anniversary. The game has changed quite a bit since it came out 2 years ago. So lets look back and see what the game used to look like when it first came out here's what I can think of.

• An army Protector sentinels were OP. Here's an old clip of mine showing how they used to melt bases in mere seconds https://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=90834795
  • Snipers were very strong and could stun all infantry units even hero's (They can still do that in the campaign)
  • The cost of training Locusts was much cheaper and they were much scarier then they are now
  • Tanks were terrible
  • Plasma torpedo was much stronger and they were better at fighting air units then the AA units
  • With Logistics level 3 Marines and Banshees takes only like 3 seconds to train
  • You could not see your opponents units veterancy (I would have preferred they kept it like that)
  • You could see your opponents gamertags and ranks before the match and there were no penalties for dodging
  • The game launched with 9 MP maps now it has 11 maps!...man they made a lot of DLC maps for this game and yet no Frozen Valley remake :(
You forgot overpowered scout mine wrecking bases and leader point glitching which when abused usually meant 3 grizzly's and an army rolling up to your base by 3-4 mins.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I need some clarification on this.
You mean with Isabels Ghost in the machine?
Or do you mean it was a bug?
it was a glitch u could move any unit on the field. including the sentinels next to nodes.

• Tanks were terrible
You forgot overpowered scout mine wrecking bases and leader point glitching which when abused usually meant 3 grizzly's and an army rolling up to your base by 3-4 mins.
Well like I said its what I remember when the game first came out. Now that you brought up the scout mine now I remember them and I kinda knew there were gonna be a few things I may have forgotten.
Oh how I loathed the days of the unspoken Colony glitch...
Back when Locusts moved as fast as Warthogs. Those were the days
It was really fun to be Shipmaster at that time. XD