Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo wars 2 AIR IS WAY UNBALANCED

OP Irelandisaboss

Can we take a second and talk about every game lately has been nothing but hornet spams or banshee spams. No real skill, and yes you can combat it but spams of hornets and banshees are becoming a real thing. I’m sick of playing every game where all I have to do is try to make anti air and it still fails cause air is over powered. Yeet thank you please atleast look into the issue.
People who spam air give free wins. If the initial air rush doesn't kill you, which it shouldn't, they automatically lose if you spam Wolverines or Reavers. No idea how your anti-air loses to air though. Never encountered that before. 1 Reaver can kill 3 Banshees easily
"The fools have sent in air units to harass me they'll learn"
Can we take a second and talk about every game lately has been nothing but hornet spams or banshee spams. No real skill, and yes you can combat it but spams of hornets and banshees are becoming a real thing. I’m sick of playing every game where all I have to do is try to make anti air and it still fails cause air is over powered. Yeet thank you please atleast look into the issue.
There’s a lot of truth to what you said despite the negative remarks. Air is -Yoink- massed. It’s going to get massed inevitably by someone 10-15 minutes in most likely. Your best bet is to limit their eco and have your own air army or enough wolves/reapers mixed with your hero to combat the air. The problem is the air is usually faster too. If they mass air, you have to attack their bases while they are attacking yours. Of course this is not the only strategy but air is a -Yoink- to deal with in many situations. Leader powers can work well on air too if they’re not paying attention.

Im okay with them keeping air is in all honestly but wolves should get a buff and infantry should be slightly better against late game air.
Air is more annoying if anything in threes, it usually involves two guys holding there own until the third dude amasses a huge amount of air and sweeps bases. Be fair it's counter-able but it always feels bad losing to the dude who just made air units, I mean it's not very skillful.
Air is more annoying if anything in threes, it usually involves two guys holding there own until the third dude amasses a huge amount of air and sweeps bases. Be fair it's counter-able but it always feels bad losing to the dude who just made air units, I mean it's not very skillful.
Not skillful? You just admitted it requires a team to effectively play 2v3 until their ally can hit critical mass to sweep the game.
It may not seem like it's very skillful in the moment, but the events leading up to it require the remaining two players to outlast three players at once.

Though tbf I don't play much 3s, I'm more into 1v1.
Not skillful? You just admitted it requires a team to effectively play 2v3 until their ally can hit critical mass to sweep the game.
It may not seem like it's very skillful in the moment, but the events leading up to it require the remaining two players to outlast three players at once.

It really doesn’t take skill. Play two leaders who are good against infantry early and third player techs up to banshees.

Unless the other team rushes as a team and coordinates very well, meaning they’d almost have to be in a party, 2 players with leader powers spamming snipers, suics, etc are going to neutralize the early game.

I say this doesn’t take skill as someone who has used this strategy before when I get sick of playing people who just cheese. It works well for countering other early gamers. So in fact, it’s one of the easiest strategies to have two guys commit above average resources in the early game so that a Decimus can tech up to banshees.

Decimus is a bizarre character where he has some glaring weaknesses that can be exploited (snipers wreck his hero in the early game), but if you give him a couple inches, you’re going to be overwhelmed if the game goes past 10-15 minutes in most cases.

Funny thing is that if they nerf his abilities, he’ll be one of the worst leaders in my opinion because of how slow his heroes are and the fact that he doesn’t get any discounts on anything like Atriox. His unites might be tackier but he won’t be able to build as many units, especially early on.
Hm, I assume this was during a 3v3 match so will give you what helped me a long time back during such a thing. Played shipmaster, had my team mates work on anti-air while making a token force myself. Used my camo honor guard to sneak over to their base while the rest of my population was filled with locusts. Waited for the newest wave of air to move in, before teleporting across and wiping out their bases.

Obviously only good if you are playing a certain leader, but it did work against a team of 3 who all went air.
Do you usually send a No skill message as well😂😂? But in all seriousness how don’t they have skill they played a 2v3 all game only for their teammate to finally finish upgrading their air at tech 3 and 120 pop I think that takes skill. Try holding off 2 good players it’s near impossible. Unless you are Almirante99 lmao 😂.

but I’m being completely serious and honestly air is by far the worst unit in the game imo I don’t think you completely understand the way the game works. But if you want you can DM me on here and I’ll link you discord where people are willing to help deal with certain situations or your just looking to make friends and get better gotta keep the causal community strong so this game can live.

if you are putting on pressure they shouldn’t be making air expecally straight into tech 2 because there is still infantry on the map

I'm talking about the guy who just makes the air, not the other two players. It's annoying too lose your base to the "rat" in other words.
Air isn't broken, it just hits hard and fast. It's a non-threat until t3, and even then it's not that hard to counter it. LP's, Anti-air, infantry.
mD493 wrote:
Air isn't broken, it just hits hard and fast. It's a non-threat until t3, and even then it's not that hard to counter it. LP's, Anti-air, infantry.
This guy knows what’s up. If you scout the enemy bases and learn they’re making anti-air, there is zero excuse to get beat by a air rush. If you do, you clearly aren’t skilled enough, end of story.
I am so sick of the decimus banshee spam. Its impossible to beat as you cannot defend your bass well enough if you choose a UNSC Leader.
I am so sick of the decimus banshee spam. Its impossible to beat as you cannot defend your bass well enough if you choose a UNSC Leader.
My man, you are going to be shocked to hear this, but, deci's banshee's is his weakest strat.
AA base turrets dominate banshees regardless of the leader. Now, you'll have issues away from home, but he shouldn't be able to claim a base easily.
I do think nightingales are pretty annoying to deal with and can really be a problem. Air being grouped up is too much of a cluster because you cant target anything specifically.