Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2 Atriox beating Spartan Red Team?

OP SureCactus38419

I was watching the cinematic of when Red Team encounters Atriox and this thought came to my mind. “Why are they running towards him shooting?” The point of a gun is to be far away and be an equalizing force, not to walk 1 foot away and shoot. Especially when the subject is a brute (who they would have fought before and know that they are aptly named “brute” for a reason and especially a brute with a gravity hammer. Also, they shot for the armored part of his body. You’d think people trained from age 5 til 14 and with as much experience in combat as they have they’d aim for his head which is unprotected. Instead they aim for his torso which is armored. I find this to be very inaccurate and mainly created for cinematic purposes. While to others it looks cool, when I see stuff like this it makes me cringe, whether this or the fact in movies or shows people swing their arms out all the way (after a certain point you lose momentum in a strike if you extend out all the way) to strike a target whose 2-3 feet away. I’d like it if for future games you made the cinematic a more reasonable. Watch the cinematic again and tell me if it makes sense for “super soldiers” trained from age 5 in the art of war to charge at a fully armored brute who has a gravity hammer when they have guns.

Also I’m not criticizing the designers, the scene looks cool I guess? I see stuff like that and it just takes the “coolness” or awe out of the actual fight. It’s not hard to make a fight look more reasonable, have Atriox charge them. That would be more reasonable, after all he has the melee weapon and they have guns, that is generally how it goes down. So just for future notes please make it more reasonable. He has the hammer pull someone to him so you could have him pull 1 hit another with the Spartan still on his hammer, that eliminates 2 targets with 1 sweep and would be more reasonable than people trained from childhood abandoning reason and charging in when they are given guns for a reason.
I really liked the cutscene. They got caught off guard and tried to save one another but it was too much for them to handle. Them losing to Atriox sets the tone of how strong and smart he is. The one thing I didn’t like though is that douglas should of been helmetless the entire rest of the game since his helmet was crushed during the fight.
I don’t believe not expecting a brute to be there would be caught off guard lol. They’re Spartans, and they knew something happened to the outpost because of all the damage done to it, I feel like that would put them on guard to be especially alert, even though they should already and always be on guard because they’re Spartans. Theyre trained to handle stress well and combat situations tactically, example being to shoot the target with no helmet in the head to end the fight. If he’s smart he’d wear a helmet lol. Also i believe time passes slower for them because of enhancements to their adrenaline and Reaction time, making their reaction time in the low milliseconds, that should have let them identify the weakness, being his unshielded head. To top it off the AI told them danger was near. Also not being rude when I said all these things. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to comment. :) I just feel like there really is no reason for them to behave the way they did. My first thought was go for the head, granted seeing a giant beast appear from the dark that’s over 10 feet tall and holding an axe would be intimidating it still doesn’t cover the fact that you act. I would imagine it’s similar to when I’ve almost been hit by cars while walking or biking. I see it and I immediately sprint as fast as I can to get out of the way. A car passes me going 20 over the speed limit and is close enough to touch XD reaction time gets picked up. I see a brute I immediately sprint away gain distance to use a gun. They passed a corridor on the way in, get in there would limit his ability to move and use the hammer because of how big he is. (Sorry for my paragraphs of statements and replies) that’s what I would do, and I’m not trained from age 5 to deal with such situations they are and their first thought after seeing him was to charge him lol.
Also I’m not sure about the helmet lol. If that’s an oversight that’d be interesting. I think I saw somebody mention that and I think their response was that they had spare armor on the ship? But I don’t know personally. :)
Also I’m not sure about the helmet lol. If that’s an oversight that’d be interesting. I think I saw somebody mention that and I think their response was that they had spare armor on the ship? But I don’t know personally. :)
I recall a Waypoint article saying it had something to do with stuff on the Ark.
I really liked the cutscene. They got caught off guard and tried to save one another but it was too much for them to handle. Them losing to Atriox sets the tone of how strong and smart he is. The one thing I didn’t like though is that douglas should of been helmetless the entire rest of the game since his helmet was crushed during the fight.
That would be a nice touch but I'm sure they probably have at least some backup gear on board.