Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo wars 2 editions questions

OP WhyNotZ0lDBERG

Ok so I'm finally looking to buy halo wars 2 but I've been looking for the last 30 min. At what is included in each version and I still have questions.
I know I want to either go ultimate or complete edition and for me the story is the main draw.
I see that the ultimate edition comes with the halo wars definitive edition which I'm interested in is that also available in the complete edition? And does the ultimate edition include any of the dlcs? If not is the hw definitive edition available any other way than getting the ultimate edition?

I appreciate any help.
Ok so I'm finally looking to buy halo wars 2 but I've been looking for the last 30 min. At what is included in each version and I still have questions.
I know I want to either go ultimate or complete edition and for me the story is the main draw.
I see that the ultimate edition comes with the halo wars definitive edition which I'm interested in is that also available in the complete edition? And does the ultimate edition include any of the dlcs? If not is the hw definitive edition available any other way than getting the ultimate edition?

I appreciate any help.
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is not included in Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition, but is sold individually (digitally).

Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition includes all the premium DLC released for the game, as far as I know. It's the complete package for the sequel.

Generally speaking, if you buy the "Ultimate Edition," you'll need to buy the "Awakening the Nightmare" DLC for the sequel. If you buy the "Complete Edition," you'll need to buy the first game.
Awesome thank you.
You are my hero.
Awesome thank you.
You are my hero.
Thanks! Both _Halo Wars: Definitive Edition_ and _Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition_ were just on sale during the Ultimate Game Sale. Shame you missed it!

For any version of _Halo Wars 2_, you'll need to download the Sergeant Forge Commander DLC separately, though it's free so you won't be charged anything extra.