2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 32
Haven't read all the post so I'm not sure if someone already said it but I would like to see the hawk from the original halo wars make a return
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Willko wrote:
I feel like the story in Halo Wars 2 was a huge step in the right direction for 343. But, like most things in life, there is always room for improvement. One thing I've noticed that holds back 343's storytelling is the constant focus on a singular enemy. In Halo Wars 2, we are introduced very early to Atriox and are reminded constantly throughout the game that the Banished belong to him. In Halo 4, we are introduced to The Didact, and reminded constantly that the Prometheans belong to him. In Halo 5, Cortana is made to be the new villain and it is made abundantly clear that she is the leader of the created.

That's one area where I feel like Bungie's storytelling was superior. In the Bungie games, we knew that Truth was the leader of the Covenant and the Gravemind was the leader of the Flood(except for in Halo CE because those characters weren't invented yet). But, the focus throughout the games were on fighting those factions as a whole. It was less about stopping Truth and more about stopping the Covenant. It was less about stopping Gravemind and more about stopping the Flood. With the 343 games, it feels more like the main goal is to stop one guy and his/her plans while the armies are nothing more than cannon fodder. In the Bungie games, the armies you faced felt like they had a unified goal that each and every troop was fighting for.

As I said, Halo Wars 2's story is a huge step in the right direction in that it doesn't rely on external media for the player to know what's going on. But, I wanted to throw out my two cents on how I would like to see the storytelling improved for future Halo games. I would like to see less emphasis on singular, named villains and more emphasis on the abstract whole of the enemy factions.
I never thought of this and this is so true. Thanks for that
Thanks for involving the community in this, also great job on constant balance fixing. Hw2 is an awesome game and is getting better every month
nuchey wrote:
Also the top of my wishlist is that YapYap has a leader power that rains down suicide grunts like Forge's scatter bomb.
Bro.... that would actually be so sick! -Yoinking!- love that idea
Figure ill drop this here. If you put a decoy hologram on a Jerome mantis, it breaks the game. not in the same way everyone is complaining because their feelings are hurt when a new leader is released broken but game closes and returned to the dash board broken. Don't mean to offend, just tired of beating a dead horse.
Game is perfect. Lookig forward to the expansion and more mp.
FIX THE FORGE HOG!!! ITS ABSOLUTELY BROKEN. I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO PLAY THIS GAME UNTIL YOU GUYS GET IT RIGHT! I CANT BELIEVE I SPENT $80 ON THIS TRASH!!!!
I can't believe you're still playing it when you call the game trash
they need to fix the basics firstt(rock,pappers,scissors) infantry meant to beat air it doesnt come close air wins every time and easily.
a kig-yar or Promethean faction would be cool tho.
Please balance out/nerf elite enforcers, Serena, forge. Also please buff Jerome he feels a tad bit weak
Add observer mode and replay mode.
2. What's at the top of your wish list for future updates?

Game Speed is too fast to enjoy on a regular base. This game is not competitive enough to set the game speed so high. Auto-focus on units is just a casual thing and thats good.So slow it down!
Also on a long term we need more stuff to do around the game. Better Dailys and Weeklys; better rewards (icons, skins; medals for profiles etc BE CREATIVE); better progression system like halo always had when bungie made it (visually attractive ranks and a lots of grinding);

3. Do you have any questions to ask of the development team?

Can you please make my wishes true on point 2?

( 1. What are your biggest concerns with the current meta? How are the other leaders? How's unit balance?

Playing on a casual level (like the most of us gamers) so I don't really know the details on balance. Normally I would complain about meta and stuff if this game is enjoiable enough to play cometitively on a regualr base while enjoing the game)
Lots of good points made here and overall I feel the game keeps improving. Kudos to the development team for listening to us!

Other than the leader balances needed my main issues are:

1. Need to address disconnect issues. Losing an ally loses you the game and the amount of XP you lose is crazy. A day of playing and wins can be wiped out instantly. It's enough to make me want to not play again at times.

2. More rewards at end game. Skins or banners or something to show our veteran status.

3. More modes. I appreciate that this could dilute the player base so why not rotate modes on a weekly or monthly basis?

Keep up the good work anyway, really love the game overall.
I would like to see an adjustment to the diminishing return of supplies. Expanding and controlling bases should be more rewarding especially for leaders like Johnson. What is the the point of Digging in Deep. Nothing like expanding and spending time on full free base that will net you negligible supplies. Someone holding 4 bases should have a clear supply advantage over someone holding two bases but they don't. The diminishing return rate doesn't have to be removed but should be adjusted to provide a clear advantage for those who expand over those who turtle or get dominated but can keep fighting off 1 or two bases because of the supply rate. Every extra base costs a regular amount to build towers,buildings and base upgrades on but then you get 20% (or whatever the rate is) worth of returns.

I would also like to see and superior T3 Infantry unit for both UNSC and Banished that can target air effectively. Infantry are suppose to counter air but that is essentially just marines and grunts and those are not hard counters. The rest of the "infantry" cannot even attack air or do negligible damage such as the elites. Air is suppose to counter vehicles so you make the only anti-air units..... vehicles. It would be nice to have options to counter air besides massing a -Yoink- T1 unit with shrapnel mines and a bugged reaver that does little damage and is useless against anything else.

Because vehicles are not available until T2, Heroes with or in vehicles should also not be available until T2 upgrades or at least have a significant cost increase for getting them at T1 so they become almost a T1.5 hero. Forge in his warthog that has superior damage, mobility/speed and range should not be close to the same cost and time to acquire as Johnson. Likewise with Jerome's mantis and its superior range on its missiles. It makes kiting T1 units very easy especially when they both have shields. Another fix would be to remove the shield on the Forgehog and the J-Mantis until T2 so the "no risk hit and run" can start to have consequences.
VENOM ACR wrote:
1. This game is turning into Hero Wars. Everyone racing to build an armory and pump out a leader and rush a base. I'm fine with hero's being used, but not to point they are so easy and cheap to make and yet so dominant. You have leaders who are not even used, Johnson, Kinsano, and Isabel come to mind. Kinsano was nerfed into the ground for no reason. Flamehogs were her unique unit and they were made garbage. Inferno isn't strong anymore. Why are some leaders barely touched when they remain at the top? Atriox comes to mind. Has a ton of offensive powers, powers that make troops invulernable to damage, live beyond death, and a power that wipes out every troop. Then looks Johnson. Besides EMP blast, zero useful powers. Compare Johnson hero vs Atriox, it's a joke. You want to make all leaders viable but why would anyone choose Johnson over Cutter or Atriox. Speaking of Cutter, why nerf him instead of bringing other UNSC leaders more in line? The gap between banished leaders and UNSC is getting wider. As for unit balancing, why are infantry wrecking air? They are cheap. They should not wreck anything. I'm building planes which are significant investment and you're building cheap grunts and marines. Why on earth are they destroying air? If you're going to make infantry so strong then the only thing that can win vs them is mass snipers or tanks and mass snipers are useless vs vehicles, buildings, air. Infantry are the best all around troop and cheapest. That doesn't make sense. Last I checked a plane would dominate a group of infantry.

2. Top of my wish list? A) Remove shipmaster teleport without vision. That is ridiculous. Actually, no leader should have that ability. Line of sight should be needed for everything. B) Remove the stupid diminishing returns. Why penalize someine for having mote generstors and supply pads than opponent? Expanding should be emphasized. C) Balance updates! Instead of releasing 1 every month and making giant changes, why not more frequent patches or smaller changes? Small tweaks will stop things like everyone using Forge now because of over buff. D) Make kodiaks useful and stronger. They are anti infantry. They should wreck infantry. And mauraders, for the cost they are useless. E) Snipers should be able to shoot buildings, vehicles, and air just like Elites just do very little damage. Why can't they shoot them? Makes no sense.

3) Why can't you guys provide more frequent information? Why wait until last minute to say what's coming or what you're thinking? Leaving everyone in dark isn't good.
100% agree great points. One I would add is that when one moves their entire army like most people do on the Xbox because of the lack of a mouse and drag clicking that 343 maybe mimic star craft 2 at this point. What I mean is the units in star craft two spread out evenly to where a mass bomb or hero powers won't wipe out a whole army. They do it automatically. Instead in halo wars 2 your entire army is in a little group where any hero power or mass attack from artillary can potentially obliterate or do mass damage to your group.
Great points on this one. I whole heartedly agree.
I should really get back into this game... Got the Ultimate Edition and beat the campaign then barely played the multiplayer... but I still love it </3
Fix the infection Glitch with the RailGun
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
brightness setting plz
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 32