3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 32
Fix the infection Glitch with the RailGun
What infection are you talking about? Awakening the nightmare hasnt even came out, so their really isnt any infection in the game yet.
1. What are your biggest concerns with the current meta? How are the other leaders? How's unit balance?
The leaders seem to be OP when they first come out then nerfed when the next one comes out and to me that makes it seem a little pay to win(ish).
2. What's at the top of your wish list for future updates?
To actually revert all the leaders to there OP(ness) for a month and see if it actually is chaotic or Balanced.
3. Do you have any questions to ask of the development team? Will the flood come to blitz firefight as well as the campaign firefight when awakening the nightmare comes out?
Awesome !!
McGruder wrote:
VENOM ACR wrote:
1. This game is turning into Hero Wars. Everyone racing to build an armory and pump out a leader and rush a base. I'm fine with hero's being used, but not to point they are so easy and cheap to make and yet so dominant. You have leaders who are not even used, Johnson, Kinsano, and Isabel come to mind. Kinsano was nerfed into the ground for no reason. Flamehogs were her unique unit and they were made garbage. Inferno isn't strong anymore. Why are some leaders barely touched when they remain at the top? Atriox comes to mind. Has a ton of offensive powers, powers that make troops invulernable to damage, live beyond death, and a power that wipes out every troop. Then looks Johnson. Besides EMP blast, zero useful powers. Compare Johnson hero vs Atriox, it's a joke. You want to make all leaders viable but why would anyone choose Johnson over Cutter or Atriox. Speaking of Cutter, why nerf him instead of bringing other UNSC leaders more in line? The gap between banished leaders and UNSC is getting wider. As for unit balancing, why are infantry wrecking air? They are cheap. They should not wreck anything. I'm building planes which are significant investment and you're building cheap grunts and marines. Why on earth are they destroying air? If you're going to make infantry so strong then the only thing that can win vs them is mass snipers or tanks and mass snipers are useless vs vehicles, buildings, air. Infantry are the best all around troop and cheapest. That doesn't make sense. Last I checked a plane would dominate a group of infantry.

2. Top of my wish list? A) Remove shipmaster teleport without vision. That is ridiculous. Actually, no leader should have that ability. Line of sight should be needed for everything. B) Remove the stupid diminishing returns. Why penalize someine for having mote generstors and supply pads than opponent? Expanding should be emphasized. C) Balance updates! Instead of releasing 1 every month and making giant changes, why not more frequent patches or smaller changes? Small tweaks will stop things like everyone using Forge now because of over buff. D) Make kodiaks useful and stronger. They are anti infantry. They should wreck infantry. And mauraders, for the cost they are useless. E) Snipers should be able to shoot buildings, vehicles, and air just like Elites just do very little damage. Why can't they shoot them? Makes no sense.

3) Why can't you guys provide more frequent information? Why wait until last minute to say what's coming or what you're thinking? Leaving everyone in dark isn't good.
100% agree great points. One I would add is that when one moves their entire army like most people do on the Xbox because of the lack of a mouse and drag clicking that 343 maybe mimic star craft 2 at this point. What I mean is the units in star craft two spread out evenly to where a mass bomb or hero powers won't wipe out a whole army. They do it automatically. Instead in halo wars 2 your entire army is in a little group where any hero power or mass attack from artillary can potentially obliterate or do mass damage to your group.
Great points on this one. I whole heartedly agree.
Atriox is getting nerfd into the ground almost every step of the way, you pit Atroix's leader against Johnson, Johnson will when almost every time. Also yeah Atriox may have a lot of helpful support powers to keep troops alive but dying breath has been pretty junk since season 2, Bullwork just got nerfd pretty hard with a Pretty unfair increased recharge time and decrease in the invulnerable part of the power along with increased cost if i remember right. Johnson has emp blast with much over charge, which lets be honest much over charge is pretty OP. As for infantry against air I see air mow infantry down unless you're trying to fight infantry with T0 air. Also snipers are strictly anti infantry so they're gonna be useless against anything else I don't know why you would expect something different, it's been the same since D1.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wish I could play, but here is what I see with Halo wars 2 it cool too see more ODST with names. With Serena I think it's cool (no pun intended) with the cryo units. I don't write a lot about things, but if you get one thing out my response is that the way Halo wars 2 looks is a very good of yours and Bungie's halo. Keep up the good work :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Blitz Feedback

Dear 343: THANK YOU
I enjoy playing both game modes, Blitz and Multiplayer a great deal. This season I have deferred back to Blitz a good bit more given the current status of a few leaders in the multiplayer arena being a bit... dare I say, OP. I used to write huge paragraph blocks of bugs that I found in Blitz in addition to opinionated feedback about every month. I am happy to write that this is season I have remarkably little to report, in Blitz specifically. I felt that I should do one more report and rest my case. It should be said that you guys have made this game much more balanced and patched up nearly everything that I have noticed being a severe problem, and it should not go unnoticed.

Blitz Unit Glitches:
Hologram Unit Selection Fail: Using the Holo Decoy ability in blitz no longer auto populated the selected units bar with the decoyed units. This makes it incredibly more difficult to use the holograms as intended to draw out leader powers of be a diversion in any way. I imagine this occurred in response to Pinocchio Glitches, but it needs to be fixed.
Grunt Mob Return: Fixed
Blisterback Lockdown Glitch: Fixed
Ultra Detect: UNSC sniper and Spirit Assault dropped Elite Rangers have 'Ultra Detect' and can identify holograms and permanently reveal them as holograms. They also have the ability to reveal units that are being affected by a Nightingale smoke bomb. This in practice allows you to to smoke a unit rendering it unable to attack, but you will be able to see and attack the smoked unit. In my opinion, this is not intentional, else all detect units would have this ability. From my experience in multiplayer, Nightingale's are able to reveal the smoked enemy allowing you and your team to target them while they cannot shoot back. Ultimately, I think all units with detect should have the benefits of the described ultra detect.
Bloodfuel Grunt EOD: Fixed
Extractor Marine Grenade Man: Low health extractor marine tosses a grenade at a non armored unit(s) and will replenish one man on the team. New man on team will glitch and throw a grenade again at target and replenish one man on the team, and so on.
Warthog Ram Pathing: Fixed (From my limited experience)
Tron Legacy(Pinocchio): Fixed
Spirit Assault Broken Hologram: You can hologram an allied spirit carrier from Ship Master's leader power, that does nothing but glitch to the floor. More funny than anything, but deserves a patch. (Not recently tested, but still assumed)
Guard Noise: Fixed
Rogue Unit Movement Culprits: Fixed

General Complaints:
Minor to trivial this time around!

Ranked 3v3 Blitz: I believe it is time for this playlist to make a return. I know a few players not as interested in Blitz given the loss of this playlist and many more players now have the cards to be competitive against groups of high leveled players. With dodging being fixed, in addition to much more leader variety, I predict ranked 3v3 would have an awesome comeback. Unless there is a very specific reason that the 343 team wants to funnel more players into 1v1 or 2v2 that they would like to share, I know the Blitz community would be very happy to bring back the use of huge leader powers in the carnage of a 3v3 match up.

Dodging Fix Methodology Comparison: I am happy to see that dodging is now a topic that old school players can talk about with new blood and refer to it as dark times for the ranked community. Now that I have seen the way it is implemented, I want to stress some pros and cons and hopefully insight discussion among as many people as possible. Dodging was prevented in Halo Wars 1 by the method of having the game completely locked once a player was found. You were able to see who you were playing and be able to plan accordingly. However, you were not able to change your leader at that point. I think the system would have been perfect back then if you were able to pick your leader like this game mid game loading in addition to having a defaulted favorite from the game start (like a favorite blitz deck, only it just be a single leader). And you know... as I am writing this, that is exactly what needs to be implemented in Multiplayer... but that is not what this topic is about. Not being able to see who you are up against is a solution that I feel has a draw back that I personally don't like. I enjoyed a whole lot that you could pick your leader accordingly to the perceived skill level of your opponent. Though you cannot see ranks, one still knows the name of someone that gives a harder challenge than others. This information allows you to choose your leader accordingly, a preferred leader for the use battle tested strategies in a higher ranked match up and a less used leader against competition you believe to be easier and allow you to test and practice strategy with a high chance of getting a win as well.

Unfortunately, we have a core menu system that in itself is annoyingly clunky, and has no way of ridding itself of dodging without the use of the implemented single blind setup. Not knowing who you are up against is interesting in that fear is relatively eliminated hence the end of dodging, but I think the cost of lack of information is too great. Taking away knowledge in this case forces choices and will statistically prevent one from experimenting, as a player can only assume that their opponent is always Champion #1. Bottom line, I am a big fan of being able to dial up and down your personal level of difficulty given the perceived difficulty of your opponent. The current system does not allow anything more than you taking risk going anything short of maximum effort.

Balancing Complaints:

Shipmaster: This is my final post for Shipmaster. From the beginning I have viewed this game as more in line with chess than its predecessor in how much positioning of units matters much more as you increase the size of the map. In the game of chess, position is of utmost importance in addition to tactics. Shipmaster is great in that he can position himself with an ability that makes him be in two places at once and basically has a 'get out of jail free' card. Shipmaster is overpowered in that he can also control the opponents position in addition to this already fantastic ability of teleporting his own units. Being able to force a pinch, or generally force an engagement before an opponent is ready is really messed up in a game where the opponent can see all units on field including fog of war. I know displacement is up for review at this point in time for the multiplayer arena. I only ask that whatever conclusion is made about it be translated over to blitz as well. Having displacement in blitz is equally screwed up as it is in multiplayer, especially now that the hit box of blast is pretty much perfected, displacement-blasting is more lethal than ever. I would not continue addressing it if I didn't feel it was important.
I used to complain about the lvl 6 beam, but I now feel that leader power does have a place in that its strength is limited by its area of effect and now has a counter of guarding Wraiths or Douglas in addition to splitting units. Displacement is the only leader power that is truly a tier beyond anything else.
To conclude, displacement has got to go for the same reasons hunters brand is not part of Colony's deck.

Thank you so much for bringing Blitz to its current state. It truly is miles from where it once was.
#BlitzRanked3s
Personally I would like a game mode where the theme of the game gives you the opportunity to create matches how to forge and interact.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
French > Vous oublié le problème majeur... La connexion entre ami est impossible ! Impossible !!!
Blitz Feedback

Grunt Mob Return: Fixed
Blisterback Lockdown Glitch: Fixed
Ultra Detect: UNSC sniper and Spirit Assault dropped Elite Rangers have 'Ultra Detect' and can identify holograms and permanently reveal them as holograms. They also have the ability to reveal units that are being affected by a Nightingale smoke bomb. This in practice allows you to to smoke a unit rendering it unable to attack, but you will be able to see and attack the smoked unit. In my opinion, this is not intentional, else all detect units would have this ability. From my experience in multiplayer, Nightingale's are able to reveal the smoked enemy allowing you and your team to target them while they cannot shoot back. Ultimately, I think all units with detect should have the benefits of the described ultra detect.
Bloodfuel Grunt EOD: Fixed
Extractor Marine Grenade Man: Low health extractor marine tosses a grenade at a non armored unit(s) and will replenish one man on the team. New man on team will glitch and throw a grenade again at target and replenish one man on the team, and so on.
Warthog Ram Pathing: Fixed (From my limited experience)
Tron Legacy(Pinocchio): Fixed
Spirit Assault Broken Hologram: You can hologram an allied spirit carrier from Ship Master's leader power, that does nothing but glitch to the floor. More funny than anything, but deserves a patch. (Not recently tested, but still assumed)
Guard Noise: Fixed
Rogue Unit Movement Culprits: Fixed

General Complaints:
Minor to trivial this time around!

Ranked 3v3 Blitz: I believe it is time for this playlist to make a return. I know a few players not as interested in Blitz given the loss of this playlist and many more players now have the cards to be competitive against groups of high leveled players. With dodging being fixed, in addition to much more leader variety, I predict ranked 3v3 would have an awesome comeback. Unless there is a very specific reason that the 343 team wants to funnel more players into 1v1 or 2v2 that they would like to share, I know the Blitz community would be very happy to bring back the use of huge leader powers in the carnage of a 3v3 match up.

Dodging Fix Methodology Comparison: I am happy to see that dodging is now a topic that old school players can talk about with new blood and refer to it as dark times for the ranked community. Now that I have seen the way it is implemented, I want to stress some pros and cons and hopefully insight discussion among as many people as possible. Dodging was prevented in Halo Wars 1 by the method of having the game completely locked once a player was found. You were able to see who you were playing and be able to plan accordingly. However, you were not able to change your leader at that point. I think the system would have been perfect back then if you were able to pick your leader like this game mid game loading in addition to having a defaulted favorite from the game start (like a favorite blitz deck, only it just be a single leader). And you know... as I am writing this, that is exactly what needs to be implemented in Multiplayer... but that is not what this topic is about. Not being able to see who you are up against is a solution that I feel has a draw back that I personally don't like. I enjoyed a whole lot that you could pick your leader accordingly to the perceived skill level of your opponent. Though you cannot see ranks, one still knows the name of someone that gives a harder challenge than others. This information allows you to choose your leader accordingly, a preferred leader for the use battle tested strategies in a higher ranked match up and a less used leader against competition you believe to be easier and allow you to test and practice strategy with a high chance of getting a win as well.

Unfortunately, we have a core menu system that in itself is annoyingly clunky, and has no way of ridding itself of dodging without the use of the implemented single blind setup. Not knowing who you are up against is interesting in that fear is relatively eliminated hence the end of dodging, but I think the cost of lack of information is too great. Taking away knowledge in this case forces choices and will statistically prevent one from experimenting, as a player can only assume that their opponent is always Champion #1. Bottom line, I am a big fan of being able to dial up and down your personal level of difficulty given the perceived difficulty of your opponent. The current system does not allow anything more than you taking risk going anything short of maximum effort.

Balancing Complaints:

Shipmaster: This is my final post for Shipmaster. From the beginning I have viewed this game as more in line with chess than its predecessor in how much positioning of units matters much more as you increase the size of the map. In the game of chess, position is of utmost importance in addition to tactics. Shipmaster is great in that he can position himself with an ability that makes him be in two places at once and basically has a 'get out of jail free' card. Shipmaster is overpowered in that he can also control the opponents position in addition to this already fantastic ability of teleporting his own units. Being able to force a pinch, or generally force an engagement before an opponent is ready is really messed up in a game where the opponent can see all units on field including fog of war. I know displacement is up for review at this point in time for the multiplayer arena. I only ask that whatever conclusion is made about it be translated over to blitz as well. Having displacement in blitz is equally screwed up as it is in multiplayer, especially now that the hit box of blast is pretty much perfected, displacement-blasting is more lethal than ever. I would not continue addressing it if I didn't feel it was important.
I used to complain about the lvl 6 beam, but I now feel that leader power does have a place in that its strength is limited by its area of effect and now has a counter of guarding Wraiths or Douglas in addition to splitting units. Displacement is the only leader power that is truly a tier beyond anything else.
To conclude, displacement has got to go for the same reasons hunters brand is not part of Colony's deck.

Thank you so much for bringing Blitz to its current state. It truly is miles from where it once was.
#BlitzRanked3s
I agree with everything you have to say here except with the last thing about shipmasters teleport (specifically in blitz) that's one of the things that really puts him up there and nerfing that sort of thing would just leave atriox completely uncontested at the top. It's a hit or miss tactic that even the best players (in blitz) still screw up and it's completely situational. Not many people run it simply because it's too much energy to put into something that will potentially fail half the time but that's just my opinion. Shipmaster isn't my main but his teleport is what keeps atriox in check and it's really the only thing that gives him the upper hand against atriox. I think a better solution would be to raise the cost of teleport a little like making it 70 instead of 60. Other than that I completely support everything else you've mentioned on your post. Please bring back Ranked 3v3 blitz! We're all super stoked about it but we can only wait so long.
#BlitzRanked3s
The studio does an excellent job of balancing the game and listening to community feedback, which is something that I appreciate about Halo Wars 2. This feedback is primarily regarding the Versus AI Playlist. For many of us who don't predominantly play ranked, Versus AI is a fun way to enjoy the game at a lower tempo, but still get experience and progress toward challenges.

From the way I see it, there is only one problem that plagues my ability to enjoy this playlist: teammates quitting in Strongholds at the beginning of the match. I have seen this occur across all player levels, from levels 1-50. When one person quits, another usually follows. Strongholds degenerates into a ~10 minute gank where the AI 3v1s the player who does not quit; this isn't fun. Since console has no way to effectively punish quitting (the report system never delivers any results), could the devs institute a mode preference system? Players could toggle the modes they want to play on or off, which would take effect in the Versus AI playlist. The matchmaking system would build a lobby from these preferences, ensuring that every player will be in a game type they want to play.

A really good example of this system is in Rainbow Six: Siege for both multiplayer and the PvE Terrorist Hunt mode. The people who want to play Strongholds or need it for challenges could still play the mode, but players quitting out because they dislike Strongholds would no longer be a problem.

Two more general points: 1. just because a leader is on the low end of use, some of them occupy a niche –– please don't buff leaders solely to increase their use; 2. getting hit by an upgraded Decimus Cleansing Beam by all three AI opponents is really annoying –– could the AI's propensity to synchronize/stack offensive leader powers be looked into?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Fix armor abilities, Lower the spartan charge to 50% damage, same with the spartan ground pound.
Heroes need a complete rebalance. Their cost is far too low for their output. There is also no balance between the different heroes. Vehicle heroes dominate the top spots with Forgehog, bison and Jerome Mantis. These heroes have no counters in the T1 spot , can kite enemies easily and have an outrageous armour, health and shield advantage, all while being a similar cost to the other heroes. Vehicle heroes are unkillable in the early game and if you do manage to take them down, they are rebuilt at a cheap cost and redeployed before you can replace the units they beat. Heroes need to have longer respawn times so that losing a hero has consequences.

Most heroes cannot even win a trade with a vehicle hero even if they are suppose to be anti-vehicle like Johnson. There needs to be a better cycle of which heroes can counter others. Heroes could be put into three groups.

Anti Infantry heroes ( should beat the anti vehicle heroes ) The arbiter , Alice , warlord, other spartans

Anti Vehicle Heroes ( Should be able to kill vehicle heroes without being kited or out ranged) - Hunter Captain, Johnson, attiox chosen, cutters jerome

Vehicle Heroes ( should kill the anti infantry heroes with mobility and range) - Jerome in mantis, bison, forgehog.

You cannot kill the forgehog in the current state of the game unless you are about to win. His range upgraded in longer than the line of sites for most units. He comes in drops and anvil around and leaves without his shields even dropping. You should have either shields or mobility or range. Not all 3.

Bunker drop also also needs to be fixed as it's impossible to place during a battle. Apparently Johnson is worried about dropping a bunker on or near the enemy as the game does not allow it. A bunker drop should displace the enemies underneath it and do damage.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
Spoiler:
Show
I start to think that some people here who are complaining about hereos being to strong have either no clue how easy they are actually to be killed/ pushed back or are dazzled through forges warthog atm broken y-ability/ serinas exploittactic. The standard spartanheroes y-ability is good how it is, because without it they are basically useless/unnessary, because with some grenades and min. 3 snipers they are dead in seconds. Jeromes mantis being to strong is also nonsense. Early game he is so easy to kill and at techlevel 2 you should have the units to get rid of him. Bison is also no real problem to eliminate, if you dont miss the moment where it deploys its freezing effect around him, you can easily pull your army out of it and just wait until it disappearse, than he is an easy kill. If forgeswarthog wouldnt have his y-ability broken atm you can also kill him without losing a ton of units yourself. Also that the heroes are to cheap is good, because if they were expensive no one would really build them, because there would always be the thing that you can buy more of the unit xy for the resources you need to built your one hero.

The thing is what most people here who are complaining over heroes being to strong who are in reality not so super strong, are lacking in micromanagment, for people who dont know what it means: you are bad in controlling your units efficiently. It is a long progress to get well in controlling your units efficiently, but stop complaining that it is always the fault of unit/hero xy being to strong even if you screwed up with your units and lost them. Start to analyze why you lost your units against unit/hero xy, find the error you did there, think how you could do that better and try your new strategy out the next time you fight against unit/hero xy.

You only get better through accepting that you did something wrong and try to make it better next time.
COOL Skidda is on point bring back ranked blitz 3v3

Let's also raise the cost of Atriox's stun to 80
@smallreddude1 lol

#BlitzRanked3s
When in game, when pressing start to see who the other leaders on the enemy team are, can you please segregate the teams based on colors? Like one box/area for the red/yellow/orange team, and one for the other team. Or at least just list the red/orange/yellow team in rows 1/2/3, then the other team in 4/5/6. Like how it was in Halo Wars 1.
Another nice thing would be if when I hit back, I can see what's locked in my teammates bases or what their production queues are. There's a lot of empty space on that back screen.

You could borrow a feature from Command and Conquer Kanes wrath, the radial menu that I can access while away from a base that allows me to build units while watching a battle instead of scrolling back to the base. That sounds too hard to add though.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Fix armor abilities, Lower the spartan charge to 50% damage, same with the spartan ground pound.
I'm okay with groundpound but I agree that Spartan Charge is OP. Also I feel like the user should take damage as well, considering you're slamming into them. Also the aim assist on it is way too much.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 32