3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 32
True Draco wrote:
NURF FORGE OR BUFF ARBY! It took my fully upgraded Arby and 5 hunters just to get forges warthog down in health, but then he just drives away and heals and after that engagement I lost all my units, Expect Arby but he was low health. Later, it only took 4 hornets, wolverine, and a grizzly tank to take out a fully upgraded Arby. Meanwhile I have to dedicate at least 7 hunters just to take him out and surround him to keep him from running. However, this makes me vulnerable to snipers that just pick me off from afar. If I don't focus on forge's warthog, he rekts my units. MAKE FORGES HEALH WEAKER!!! Or nurf his anvil round or buff ARBYS HEALTH.
You could build enforcers to stun him so you have time to catch him. Also Arby has Teleport so it's reall not that hard to trap forge after he shoots his anvil round.

He's not impossible to beat you just have to bluff him. It works every time.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Clever. But I doubt your issue will be addressed if it's in the wrong place, so maybe your trivial act of defiance is more like the sad whining of an idiot child. Go to the right forum.
About 7 minutes into a game last night I was just taking the offensive and about to win when the game just froze up and glitched.....does this happen for anyone else? First time for me just wondering if its a frequent occurance
True Draco wrote:
NURF FORGE OR BUFF ARBY! It took my fully upgraded Arby and 5 hunters just to get forges warthog down in health, but then he just drives away and heals and after that engagement I lost all my units, Expect Arby but he was low health. Later, it only took 4 hornets, wolverine, and a grizzly tank to take out a fully upgraded Arby. Meanwhile I have to dedicate at least 7 hunters just to take him out and surround him to keep him from running. However, this makes me vulnerable to snipers that just pick me off from afar. If I don't focus on forge's warthog, he rekts my units. MAKE FORGES HEALH WEAKER!!! Or nurf his anvil round or buff ARBYS HEALTH.
You could build enforcers to stun him so you have time to catch him. Also Arby has Teleport so it's reall not that hard to trap forge after he shoots his anvil round.

He's not impossible to beat you just have to bluff him. It works every time.
I know that, but if you face an opponent of equal skill or greater the advantage is on their side. Brawler leaders should have the health he does, not forge.

Not to mention the amount of enforcers it would take for them to both stasis and take out Forge's warthog, it would equate to diminishing returns. Then that's just what like, 12-15 enforcers (which takes about 55-60 unit pop) just to take out Forge mainly due to his health and his army of lets just say grizzlies and hornets/vultures which would decimate most of your enforcers even with hunters and reavers because, the person playing forge knows that the enforcers can stasis. The vultures can just insta kill them or the reavers. You would have to do way more microing than the person playing as forge and with his rolling economy he can just keep the pressure on you while you are microing your enforcers Arby and the other units with production. Why do you think most people are still using Forge? Do you honestly think that those people just like Forge? When it was rare to see Forge at all in 1v1 when the game launched and up to the 300% "glitch". Regardless, if those are just people riding the OP wave, then shouldn't them playing as Forge give you a hint that this leader is OP (not by a lot but still). I have beaten many Forges in 1v1, but those were lower ranks not of equal or greater skill/tactics. You can tell by how much you rank up or go down how skilled the other player is.
Please don't get me wrong though, you guys are heading in the right direction. The game has been the most balanced since launch, it's just forge and UNSC....again. Is it far to give the UNSC such powerful units and allow them to have the same pop cap. Weaken their units or lower their pop cap, either one will do. I shouldn't have to dedicate all my units to taking out one type of enemy just to be blindsided by another. Even with diverse units, the unsc can target specific units and take them out with insta kill abilities THAT HAVE AN AREA OF EFFECT/BLAST RADIOUS. How is that far? I have to make more of those units just to be in equal footing, but those units left in the battle would be wiped out or chased down. The only saving grace is the teleport, which was nurf and if used already good bye army. Now, you have to start from scratch. However, they are already on their way and pushing on your base. All you can do is try to produce units and watch them get destroyed as your base crumbles. Not balanced, this accounts for 70% of my games.
I can't with this game it's either I lose to unbalanced characters or when I'm winning I get d/c'd and lose anyway and they probably aren't fixing anything because they're worried about their next DLC can't play a game that's broken and creators can't take the time out to fix it
I just quit a game after going on for 130+ mins. I had the entire map captured but one base playing as Forge against Colony. I threw 10+ armies at his base and couldn't defeat him because 1. He had a scarab which was able to shell from a distance all of my units. 2. Had a cloaked base that also cloaked his units forcing me to waste population on nightingales and snipers to try and "detect" his base and units, then eat through the shield after his scarab + reavers destroyed all of my offensive units. This went on for around 2 hours. He "Won" because I have a life to attend to and can't sit back and wait for him to come out of his hidey hole to "know his units are there." And believe me, I say my units back and waited for 10+ mins at times to try to lure him out. This is obviously not fair and so here are my proposals.

1. Scarab "blisterback" type artillery needs to be removed. Can no one at 343 see how unbelievably OP this unit is in really any context?
2. Banished bases should only be allowed 1 special tower (cloak OR shield). Both is simply too OP in comparison to UNSC bases which can be destroyed altogether without addressing anything (enemy army, defense turrets) by shooting the base building itself.
3. Population after a certain time (I propose after 1 hr.) should be based upon bases held + upgraded. Figure 10-20 extra population per fully upgraded base after 60mins. (If this is not feasible due to technical constraints, a population cut or leader power disability should be implemented for the losing team so this type of thing can't happen. (Colony's "eradication beam" type ability would wipe any infantry units I fielded right off the bat)

If I had double the population I would not have had to slog away throwing 1/10 of the army I could actually afford at him over and over.

These were my thoughts at the end of the game. I understand this is something of an anomaly but it's something I've run into before where a Banished leader can simply hold on by way of attrition because an overwhelming push cannot be made by a UNSC leader. Mind you I threw GRIZZLY's, Vultures,hornets and nightingales...to cyclops, snipers, nights, and GRIZZLY's, 2 condors + nightingales at him. There was no combination of units that could defeat a cloaked, 2x shielded scarab, 6-8 reavers and a base.

if you read this far, thank you and I'd love to see some other suggestions.
-gasmassacre
Can`t wait till next halo wars they should have rogue prometheans.
I just quit a game after going on for 130+ mins. I had the entire map captured but one base playing as Forge against Colony. I threw 10+ armies at his base and couldn't defeat him because 1. He had a scarab which was able to shell from a distance all of my units. 2. Had a cloaked base that also cloaked his units forcing me to waste population on nightingales and snipers to try and "detect" his base and units, then eat through the shield after his scarab + reavers destroyed all of my offensive units. This went on for around 2 hours. He "Won" because I have a life to attend to and can't sit back and wait for him to come out of his hidey hole to "know his units are there." And believe me, I say my units back and waited for 10+ mins at times to try to lure him out. This is obviously not fair and so here are my proposals.

1. Scarab "blisterback" type artillery needs to be removed. Can no one at 343 see how unbelievably OP this unit is in really any context?
2. Banished bases should only be allowed 1 special tower (cloak OR shield). Both is simply too OP in comparison to UNSC bases which can be destroyed altogether without addressing anything (enemy army, defense turrets) by shooting the base building itself.
3. Population after a certain time (I propose after 1 hr.) should be based upon bases held + upgraded. Figure 10-20 extra population per fully upgraded base after 60mins. (If this is not feasible due to technical constraints, a population cut or leader power disability should be implemented for the losing team so this type of thing can't happen. (Colony's "eradication beam" type ability would wipe any infantry units I fielded right off the bat)

If I had double the population I would not have had to slog away throwing 1/10 of the army I could actually afford at him over and over.

These were my thoughts at the end of the game. I understand this is something of an anomaly but it's something I've run into before where a Banished leader can simply hold on by way of attrition because an overwhelming push cannot be made by a UNSC leader. Mind you I threw GRIZZLY's, Vultures,hornets and nightingales...to cyclops, snipers, nights, and GRIZZLY's, 2 condors + nightingales at him. There was no combination of units that could defeat a cloaked, 2x shielded scarab, 6-8 reavers and a base.

-gasmassacre
As UNSC, your best bet was to roll in with mass pop. vultures/ a few nightingales for detect, and mash Y on his main. about 8-9 of the PHOENIX missiles nuke a shielded base. After that, roll through and clean up, you'll be able to rebuild much faster than him at that point.
I LITERALLY CANNOT PLAY TEAM DEATHMATCH DUE TO DISCONNECTING AND BEING 'OUT OF SYNC'
The balance update is better this time. Although I have noticed that Jerome is a little on the weaker side? And Anders is almost perfect I feel the sentinels should be able to do at least 10% more damage
More matchmaking fixing. Tighten the skill gap on matches so they are closer and require you to step it up sometimes
Please nerf hunter brand. why do we have a leader power that slows and does damage
Anyone also constantly losing connection in game? Even if you have strong internet?
Plese, fix some bugs with the server that are genarating drops on the matchs, and both players that dropped on a 1x1 lost ranked points. I lost all my ranked points by drops. If you could reduce de internet drop points penality would be nice to. Thank you.
Someone has probably pointed this out, but Forge's scatter bomb stuns inside the indicator.. can't get away until damage begins. Makes it impossible to dodge at first. I know the indicator time was shorter, but my units become immobile until the damage starts hitting them.
FIX THE GLITCHES IN YOUR NEW PATCH!!! Come on stop pushing broken patches that cause disconnects and inability to connect to the servers.
Keep up the good work on this game
Compared to Banished towers, they outrank UNSC's turrets. I'm not saying UNSC should have shields and cloaking, but please give it a option to upgrade to all 3 of the counters. In addition, something irrelevant, can we get a fix on connecting with the servers? Most of my losses is from disconnecting, I believe this patch really made connecting difficult! Thanks,

-gasmassacre
I 100% percent agree about Banished bases not being able to use both a shield generator and a cloaking generator; it really should be one or the other. When I first played as the banished and saw that I could do that, I thought to myself "this is insane!" The UNSC only has a siege tower.

The Banished turrets also don't totally convert to Anti-Air/Ground/Infantry like the UNSC turrets do. They still shoot normal rounds in addition to the anti-air/ground/infantry rounds, unlike the UNSC turrets which go all in on their selected upgrade ability.

Hopefully, these issues are addressed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 32