2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 32
This is my first time posting here, so here are my two cents.

When units are selected, X should primarily be an attack command first, move command second. I don't know why this wasn't continued from the first game. I mean, why would I want my long range super cannon scarab to walk into a base lined with turrets? The best thing about uber units in hw1 was you could use the terrain to your advantage. Attacking from a cliff and punishing those who didn't scout as their infantry/vehicle armies just stared aimlessly as the main base went down. But if I build a scarab or scorpion for example in this game, they seem hell bent on closing the distance as much as possible before they even decide to shoot.

An example is on bedrock, where all expansions have punishing ramps that gain sight and SHOULD make punishing expansions easier. But carefully walk your locust/cyclops/marine/etc army to rain fire on the expansion, accidentally click on the main? Your army decides to walk AROUND (lose all sight) and attempt to march right into the defending armies choke point. Like if I can see it, shoot it and just want to focus fire a single building by selecting it, why do i get a bleeping MOVE command. Same with snipers, place them on high ground advantage? Try to TARGET an oncoming unit in an army on the low ground? Well, better choose just to run directly into the entire army and lose everything or hope with no micro they focus the right unit. Seriously, they are long range snipers and they cant even snipe.

I don't know if anyone else experiences the frustration of this like I do, but tactical play should be rewarded and this decided even the highest level of games in HW1 and feels like its not possible in this game. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed every season except this one so far and plan on doing so in the future. Just please, please add an attack command.
Yup. Happens with my scarab every time.
not enough maps every leader thats been added has been nerf wich makes me ask why did i pay for season pass if all the heros are nerfed becauce they are to helpful to people
Infantry still get confused and run circles when collecting. Queuing buildings early game sometimes don't come up or wrong one. Leader power wheel still finicky have to do multiple times. Menu issues- stats sometimes seem wrong? Victory your team was destroyed by the enemy. Disconnects & server issues. Freezes /game lags. No in game leader boards.
OH YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT. I think there's enough leaders to start allowing a leader ban from each team, and no longer allow mirror match ups in ranked. Think League of Legend's pick and ban phase in ranked queue. This can lead to a more healthy and diversified meta. DO IT CA PLEASE!!!
OH YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT. I think there's enough leaders to start allowing a leader ban from each team, and no longer allow mirror match ups in ranked. Think League of Legend's pick and ban phase in ranked queue. This can lead to a more healthy and diversified meta. DO IT CA PLEASE!!!
I do agree, allowing more flavour. Aswell as if your buddy picks atriox your not allowed to on your 3v3 too making it more diverse
Just want to support a future of no more mirror match ups as there are enough leaders to allow this! Altough I do understand that not everyone will have purchased dlc leaders it would allow a little more diversity. Been loving this game since it came out. #NerfTheAnvilRound
I don't know if this was intentional but for jeromes starting spartan in Blitz you DO NOT get energy return when the spartan dies. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but it is pretty broken because getting energy back when your starting units die is pretty important and it's quite unbalanced since you get a full 120 energy return when the starting arbiter hero dies
Wheel menus shouldn't be closed using the A button. Only the B button or a snap command (d-pad) should close it.

Reduce Shroud cost to 400.
stupid idea
I'm not gonna mention the OP and UP leaders just a few things that might make a little more sense. On vacation so won't mention Serina since I haven't played her yet.

1. Marines should be able to heal the Mastodon while inside, you shouldn't have to take them out.

2. For Jerome in Blitz if he starts with a spartan he honestly shouldn't have that Jackrabbit.

3. I've heard about the Forge buff, maybe 175% instead of 300%

4. Buff Jerome (Cutters Hero) and Sergeant Johnson a little, because they suck compared to most heroes imo.

5. August from Omgea Team can shoot Shrouds (maybe all air) but can't seem to do damage to them at all!
stupid idea
You don't even play competitively so I don't see why you care
What is this DLC for
A few more suggestions; I know some have already been made, but I think they make sense and are worth reiteration:
  • Cutter, Isabel, and Anders' Spartans should have their weapon upgrades before hijack. Having the ability to counter a specific type of unit early game is much more useful than being limited to stealing what would likely be a jackrabbit or ghost. Having hijack at T2 makes more sense, since more powerful vehicles worth stealing come into play.
  • Make power selection more responsive. There have been a number of times where I will try to quickly open up the power wheel to cast an ability, only for the UI to ignore my selection and cancel out. Same thing with building units or upgrading structures.
  • Units auto-engaging vs manual targeting at long range. I noticed this while testing the Colossus after the last patch, but I believe this affects other units as well. When using elevation advantage or scouting to determine the range one can have the Colossus attack an AI base, I noticed that when I would give an attack order on a specific building, the unit would march straight toward the base and stop at rather close range to engage the target (unsure if it was the regular visual range of the unit or not). This reduces the effectiveness or long-range attacks, because units or buildings cannot be prioritized without the units trying to walk around a cliff to get closer to a base/army they are already firing upon.
  • Alternatively, give Colossi a lockdown mode, so we can have the spiritual successor to the Cobra. (It's my theory that the Cobra became the Kodiak during development, but the Banished got the Blisterback as a counterpart, yet still kept the Locust.) While in Lockdown mode, they gain extended range (yes, MORE range), and an increase to RoF. Since Johnson is a siege-oriented leader, having a T3 anti-vehicle unit that can be used to protect or attack bases on par with the Blisterback would lessen the Banished-UNSC utility gap. There's also the added benefit of not accidentally moving them into the danger zone while in the heat of combat if they are immobilized. It also would make more sense than an anti-infantry ability for a vehicle so slow that it wouldn't be useful against a player with good micro, and wouldn't last very long against anti-vehicle, even with Overcharge active.
  • Instead, give Stomp to the Mantis. I mean, it already does that in Halo 4 and 5, so the swap already makes canonical sense. Of course the radius and damage could be reduced, since it's a smaller T2 unit, but the faster movement of the Mantis would allow it to actually use it against infantry, and not be so vulnerable to getting rammed to death by scout vehicles.
  • Give Warthogs and Marauders side gunners (perhaps with pro-pipe and Brute shots). This would give them a shorter-range attack that accentuates their anti-infantry role, while making expos and unguarded bases a little more vulnerable too. The grenade launchers could also be unable to target air units, so as to not disturb its placement in the unit-counterunit hierarchy.
  • For healer/support units, perhaps adding a mechanic where selecting them and holding X over another unit would make them follow that unit without additional instructions. If I have a Scorpion and a Nightingale, it would only make sense that I want the tank healed continuously during combat. If I order the tank to retreat, I would also want the healer to retreat as well. I could also manually select the Nightingale to use its ability, as long as the targeted point does not require the healer unit to move out of maximum healing range. Same with Engineers and shields. Healers can still repair other units in range if the "host" unit is at full health, and Nightingales can still use their drones to heal other nearby units at the same time. You could free the healer by selecting them and holding X over either themselves or the target unit, and immediately reassign them by selecting the healer and holding X over the next host. For allied player units, the attach/detach would be the same for the healer/support owner, but the friendly can hold X over the unit itself to release any and all attached helper units. Being console-centric, any mechanic that allows units to fulfill the roles a player intends without continuous micro makes for a more streamlined experience (same with Colossus lockdown). If I'm in a battle, I won't need to worry if my Engineer is floating uselessly somewhere while my ally's unit might have moved elsewhere and is no longer being repaired.
AYF 001 wrote:
A few more suggestions; I know some have already been made, but I think they make sense and are worth reiteration:
  • Alternatively, give Colossi a lockdown mode, so we can have the spiritual successor to the Cobra. (It's my theory that the Cobra became the Kodiak during development, but the Banished got the Blisterback as a counterpart, yet still kept the Locust.) While in Lockdown mode, they gain extended range (yes, MORE range), and an increase to RoF. Since Johnson is a siege-oriented leader, having a T3 anti-vehicle unit that can be used to protect or attack bases on par with the Blisterback would lessen the Banished-UNSC utility gap. There's also the added benefit of not accidentally moving them into the danger zone while in the heat of combat if they are immobilized. It also would make more sense than an anti-infantry ability for a vehicle so slow that it wouldn't be useful against a player with good micro, and wouldn't last very long against anti-vehicle, even with Overcharge active.
I really like all of your comments, but this one in particular really stands out to me (alongside the mantis thing, of course). That change would make both the colossus and the Mantis so much more viable. Mantis could actually use stomp, since they're faster, and the colossus could fill the siege roll it's described as having but never has realized.

A+ post overall.
My wish list...
  • New maps
  • Versus AI deathmatch (or use voting system for type and map)
  • Replace disconnected player by AI
  • Unit selection via wheel (e.g. RT brings up wheel of selected units by type)
  • Add Scatter move and Attack move
  • Use smaller but more frequent tweaks to balance
I've thought about this for awhile and I think for the health of the game and to prevent OPness
in 2v2s and 3v3s ranked only. There should be no double or triple same Leader. Each leader on the same team must be different. I think this would prevent things like triple Jerome or triple forge.
Many may disagree with me but I really think this could help the game.
A replay and observer mode would be awesome on so many levels.
What are the chances for these modes?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Bring back the flood
Improve Kinsano. Im sorry but i thought fire was beast AF not weak AF.

Shipmaster could do with a better hero. I mean its just a worse Arbiter. Besides, Honor Guards are used, in lore i mean, to defend prophets and are rarely seen in combat situations without a prophet nearby due to their skill. Why can the random Elite Mercenary use em? Put em as a unique unit and put a new hero. Maybe a Modified Phantom. His hero just kinda feels out of place for me.

Atriox. Yeah. Nerf Plz. To be serious, He is a much more aggressive assault hero rather then the "Defensive Style" His flavor text says. I played him once and i steam rolled the enemy with grunts and powers. Exactly in what world is that ok.

Decimus. No problems personally, cause i dont ever see him.

Anders. I mean to be honest most UNSC Hero units are Spartans, which i dont personally like considering our resident spartan hero thats a stand in for Master Chief can have 4 Spartans out at once. Give anders a sentinel hero unit sense she is revolved around them

Isabel. Ah sweet Izzy. The bane of all mechanical unit users. Extend that duration by 1 more second and Ill be good. Also, Spartan hero, How about a literal AI that roams. Yeah. turn Isabel into her own Hero, call it Isabel's Avatar.

Cutter. Oh cutter. The ODST can be out classed by basic marines due to the combat techs. I even tested this. 1 ODST cannot fight off 1 Marine squad with combat tech upgrade.
(Side note. Marines in Jeromes transports turn into some of the most dangerous attack squads ever. Like holy cow.)

Serina. I missed her. Enough said. But she can hold out against 3 opponents almost on her own just by freezing them in their tracks. Im not complaining but you cant tell me thats intended without drinking.

Jerome. Mobile Johnson and resident badass that master chief would be proud of. He could do with a unique unit right off.

Arbiter. Oh my god i want my roaming 3 star Lurk Lord back. Arbiter come back!

Johnson. The defense lord that, honestly, i dont even use his mechs. I can defend with Johnson for 45 minutes, then build a kill squad of Colossus and Vultures with a few Marines. Theres no way to balance him without being hurt in the balls about it, but then again thats with every hero.

Colony. Um whos the Hunter behind him? is that a second head? Did someone photo Bomb? Anyway jokes aside. Run from the Scarab with 3 Babies flying around it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 32