3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 32
Hero Wish List (with a bug report at 5)
  1. ODST Hero. (Operation Spearhead hero basically. Give it to cutter)
  2. Flood leader. (Ok balancing this would be a horror show in itself sense flood can just take over who they kill. Maybe Lowe health High Mobility units unless they are set up for taking or damage.)
  3. Promethean Leaders. (Didact, a Knight Commander, so on)
  4. Heretic Leader. (Heretics are the Elites, grunts, and jackels that use human weapons.)
  5. STOP SPARTANS FROM BEING ABLE TO JACK JEROMES UNIQUE UNIT. It caused a game crash for all players when this happened. It happens when a spartan tries to jack it when there are units within the ride. It er......crashed the game. Yeah its uh. Its a bug.
  6. Grunt Leader (FOR THE FAKIN LULZ MATE!!!)
A lot of people moan that each leader isn't viable but all I seem to go up against is grunt/marine rushes, some leaders are better at this than others Jerome *cough cough* but I think to combat the rush problem without changing any units drastically is make Turrets good again, in HW1 you could have 2 turrets and hold off a leader and infantry rush, granted that infantry was weak in HW1. Also allowing turrets to be upgraded for 150 energy instead will make them even better or just make this change instead of the first.

Serina - needs a nerf but only slightly, without her freezing ability she is pretty weak.

Colony - in a good spot probably the most balanced leader IMO.

Forge - reduce Forgehog Y damage, its far too strong, I don't have a problem with his gauss damage. Scatter bomb still takes too long to start damaging but it is a lot better.

Cutter - feels more balanced, I have seen a lot more people using a variety of tactics with cutter now and not just infantry spam. I would replace Hero unit with the ODST leaders from Spearbreaker to feel more unique.

Anders - Feels perfect now her sentinels do more damage and cost 3 pop, R&D changes work brilliantly, just wish she had Hawks still. Hero unit needs a buff to bring it in line with other heroes.

Kinsano - Inferno needs to do a big more impact damage IMO, unit drops with hellcharge is still strong, would say her hero unit needs either a DPS buff or health buff.

Isabel - New hero unit or buff same as anders, Hero unit far too weak, is vulnerable early game but still strong late game.

Johnson - Colossus still needs a buff far too weak for the cost, too expensive, too slow, too much pop cost, needs stronger leader powers other than EMP Mac and Bunker drop there isn't much to use.

The Arbiter - The conduit of rage should be moved to T1 leader power to make more use of the ability, swap with teleport? Phantoms need a slight buff in HP. Other than that I think he is stong.

Decimus - The worst banished leader by far, needs a complete rework IMO his decimus drop is still far too weak, siphon doesn't do enough, just very weak leader overall.

Atriox - reduce the time Dying Breath keeps units "alive" for, reduce damage for Eradication, I would make Bulwark heal less overall as well but keep the invulnerability.

Shipmaster - my favourite leader, I would change displacement to be more expensive and have a longer cooldown as that is his main pro, but reduce the cooldown of his glassing beam to compensate,

Jerome - Omega team having inspire as well is my main problem, I am fine with them hijacking units and being essentially extra heroes but inspire should be kept for Jeromes hero only. His Enduring Salvo much like forges scatter bomb takes too long to do damage, I also find it rather weak.

UNSC changes -
Make wolverines do more damage per volley, still being outclassed by aircraft.
Would make Snipers require 100 energy as they aren't really used after an initial rush.
Hornets, reduce DPS much like banshees were Hornets are now too strong and can beat AA.
Nightingales should be tech 1 like engineers or move engineers to tech 2 to balance.
Cyclops' need to be programmed so they don't all clump together and get killed by the same canister shell, makes them useless against Tanks (which they should lose too anyway but not instantly)
Kodiaks need a damage buff, meant to be anti infantry but infantry still steamrolls them.

Banished Changes -
Require line of sight for all Teleport excluding displacement.
Make Reavers 4 pop like Wolverines and increase DPS.
Buff Wraiths not many people go Wraiths as a viable option as they are too weak.
Buff Marauders as they are too weak for their cost and cannot remember anyone using them.
General Gameplay
- Show what players are no longer in game on start menu
- Replace disconnected players with AI
- Don't force players to watch full match after they are beaten. Count it as a loss and let them leave.
- Allow players to review full battlefield after end of match
- Add spectator mode in some fashion. Useful for analysis and tournament play.
- Add legendary difficulty players to AI Versus. Could you select the AI difficulty based on the player ranks to maintain a challenge for better players?
- Make AI more aggressive at recapturing mini-bases next to their main bases. Proxy rush almost always takes out one player.
- Add firefight matchmaking with some experience reward (killing AI is just good fun)
- Implement ranking or prestige system past level 50
- Improve variety and difficulty for daily / weekly challenges

Balancing
- Increase strength of Spartans. They still seem underpowered compared to other heroes.
- Further Improve effectiveness of Tier 2 vehicles (Warthog, Marauder, Mantis)
- Rework Colossus Unit. At the very least it needs to have its range increased further.
- Add additional HP to the Phantom and Mastodon units

Leaders
- (Arbiter) Move stasis to a lower tier on the wheel vs. mass stasis
- (Arbiter) Increase the speed at which stasis / mass stasis are cast. They don't seem to activate quickly enough to protect from an incoming leader power.
- Add a Promethean Leader

Bug Fixes
- Shipmaster AI displacement off map
- Blast kills in blitz don't count towards your overall score
- Stop Jerome from being able to get into allied players' command mantis
- Server disconnection issues?

Thank you.
this is a bad way to get constructive feedback 99% of people here have no clue
how to play the game correctly and suck. i really wan thi sgame to be good but the way you guys balance the game is terrible. new broken stuff every month its like u dont even halfway test things before u ship them live alot of the issues we have seem very obvious to notice when testing. Pretty sure Nakamura is the only person on your entire development team that plays and/or is good at the game. At the same time u wont allow the best players at your game any privilege to help balance the game. I just dnt see how those two things lead to a successful game.
Sir Nade wrote:
this is a bad way to get constructive feedback 99% of people here have no clue
how to play the game correctly and suck. i really wan thi sgame to be good but the way you guys balance the game is terrible. new broken stuff every month its like u dont even halfway test things before u ship them live alot of the issues we have seem very obvious to notice when testing. Pretty sure Nakamura is the only person on your entire development team that plays and/or is good at the game. At the same time u wont allow the best players at your game any privilege to help balance the game. I just dnt see how those two things lead to a successful game.
Really? Nakamura is a Dev? I never knew. Has he ever talked about this? What is his impact on the game?
General Gameplay
- Don't force players to watch full match after they are beaten. Count it as a loss and let them leave.- Allow players to review full battlefield after end of match
- Add legendary difficulty players to AI Versus. Could you select the AI difficulty based on the player ranks to maintain a challenge for better players?
- Make AI more aggressive at recapturing mini-bases next to their main bases. Proxy rush almost always takes out one player.
- Add firefight matchmaking with some experience reward (killing AI is just good fun)
Is a nice idea BUT I have been in situations where a teammate in 3s was eliminated but at the same time we eliminated an opponent. So the game wasn't 3v2 and we ended up winning. I have also had games where an ally disconnects and it is now a 3v2, and we've still won. So if that third player died but stuck around, he'd get a win. Now replacing DC'd teammates with AI is definitely a must. It happens way too often.
General Gameplay
- Don't force players to watch full match after they are beaten. Count it as a loss and let them leave.- Allow players to review full battlefield after end of match
Is a nice idea BUT I have been in situations where a teammate in 3s was eliminated but at the same time we eliminated an opponent. So the game wasn't 3v2 and we ended up winning. I have also had games where an ally disconnects and it is now a 3v2, and we've still won. So if that third player died but stuck around, he'd get a win. Now replacing DC'd teammates with AI is definitely a must. It happens way too often.
I understand what your are saying but I guess my feeling is if a person wants to stay and spectate for the remainder of the match (potentially still contributing to the outcome of the game) then they can get credit if the remaining teammates win. However, if they just want to leave then they should be able to do this.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
1. What are your biggest concerns with the current meta? How are the other leaders? How's unit balance?

- DLC leaders always being OP in some form when launched.
- Unit balance seems to be pretty good at this point now
- Base turrets should be stronger OR less expensive to build/upgrade
- Would love to see rewards other than Blitz packs or cards as I never really play that gametype personally

2. What's at the top of your wish list for future updates?

- Would like to see each player start with a faster moving scout unit as the first halo wars had (unarmed jackrabbit, ghost, chopper, etc.) instead of having to use resources for one
- Would like to see the game rely more on the Rock Paper Scissors aspect instead of leader powers or hero units
- Please add a disruption bomb type of tactic to every leader power wheel
- Do not match full parties of 3 vs 3 randoms if possible
- Place less neutral Power Supply beacons on the maps (reduce from 5 to 3)
- Please remove the "all units selection" when using the right trigger to cycle specific units
- Please place mini bases at the end of the D-pad building cycling instead of the order the buildings were built

3. Do you have any questions to ask of the development team?
- Do you plan to add any other unique "map play" advantages? Such as a tower you can place a unit in to increase max population or a building you may purchase different protection sentinals (such as a bubble shield sentinal or maybe a cloaking sentinal)? I think these would be interesting factors to add to a battlefield.

That's all I got for now, thanks for improving the game with each update and listening!
Fomo wrote:
Fix mcc
Wrong place for that.
nuchey wrote:
Also the top of my wishlist is that YapYap has a leader power that rains down suicide grunts like Forge's scatter bomb.
PERFECTION.
Minus the forge hog and Serena. Balance is pretty good in the game right now. However I have noticed a glitch when I was playing as colony. I don't know how often it occurs but when I grabbed hunters brand level 2 while the ability was on cool down. The meter jumped up significantly and was ready for use much sooner than it should have been. I've also noticed a different problem where their is a larger delay between when a support power comes off of cooldown and when the power is actually ready to be used. I think the worst delay I've seen was about 10 seconds after its cooldown had finished before I could actually use the power.
NO. IT. ISN'T.
Minus the forge hog and Serena. Balance is pretty good in the game right now. However I have noticed a glitch when I was playing as colony. I don't know how often it occurs but when I grabbed hunters brand level 2 while the ability was on cool down. The meter jumped up significantly and was ready for use much sooner than it should have been. I've also noticed a different problem where their is a larger delay between when a support power comes off of cooldown and when the power is actually ready to be used. I think the worst delay I've seen was about 10 seconds after its cooldown had finished before I could actually use the power.
NO. IT. ISN'T.
Care to elaborate on what you mean?
When your leader power is ready to be used there is a 10-15 second delay sometimes that stops you from using it. This can make or break some strategies, so some consistency would be nice.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - With the Serina DLC and latest update out the door I wanted to attempt to focus a conversation and gather current feedback about Halo Wars 2. I know this forum is filled with hundreds upon hundreds of threads - which we try to continuously skim and keep track of - but there's so much duplication and churn it can be very inefficient.

To help matters I'm creating a fresh thread to consolidate current feedback on the game. If you have something to share, please do! Please be as constructive and detailed as possible.1. What are your biggest concerns with the current meta? How are the other leaders? How's unit balance?

Note that we're aware of the Forge and Serina sentiment - no need to continuously re-post that to this thread.Thanks in advance for sharing feedback and my apologies if this makes some folks have to re-type feedback they've already recently provided. Truth is the Waypoint forums are unwieldy and messy and aren't always the best conduit for ongoing player dialog.

thanks!
Hey sketchy can something be done about the free 15 second nuke and the unplayable exploits??? How is Jerome going to be nerfed in to the recycling bin, but you let the 2 most powerful leaders ever to do it run around rampant
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - With the Serina DLC and latest update out the door I wanted to attempt to focus a conversation and gather current feedback about Halo Wars 2. I know this forum is filled with hundreds upon hundreds of threads - which we try to continuously skim and keep track of - but there's so much duplication and churn it can be very inefficient.

To help matters I'm creating a fresh thread to consolidate current feedback on the game. If you have something to share, please do! Please be as constructive and detailed as possible.1. What are your biggest concerns with the current meta? How are the other leaders? How's unit balance?

Note that we're aware of the Forge and Serina sentiment - no need to continuously re-post that to this thread.Thanks in advance for sharing feedback and my apologies if this makes some folks have to re-type feedback they've already recently provided. Truth is the Waypoint forums are unwieldy and messy and aren't always the best conduit for ongoing player dialog.

thanks!
Hey sketchy can something be done about the free 15 second nuke and the unplayable exploits??? How is Jerome going to be nerfed in to the recycling bin, but you let the 2 most powerful leaders ever to do it run around rampant
Dude the first thing he said was they know about them
My apologies if this has already been said but I'm not reading 135 posts currently. Don't have the time but I will try to express a concern.
Like Halo 5, I have seen you can earn packs. Now when I saw this for blitz I was immediately turned off. Not sure packs are the best way to go. I know there are people that enjoy that sort of thing, but I, like many others don't like it. I've been reluctant to play multiplayer for that reason alone.
I think that turrets for both humans and the banished need to be buffed not Siege turrets but just the regular turrets and their counters the amount of damage and anti-vehicle turret does two tanks is not that good I had level 3 fortifications with a tree ox and was facing level 1 tanks and yet they were able to push me they only had four tanks and I had four turrets built on my base but yet they walked around and took out everything there is no point in buying turrets if they don't have enough damage to actually defend the base
NO. IT. ISN'T.
Theres are heroes that just aren't viable.
Kinsano
Anders
Isabel
Decimus
Johnson
NO. IT. ISN'T.
Theres are heroes that just aren't viable.
Kinsano
Anders
Isabel
Decimus
Johnson
Anders is fine now, decimus is absolutely viable, Johnson is actually pretty good, kinsano > cutter post nerf, and if your not careful with buffing Isabel's early game then she can become extremely overpowered.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 32