Blitz Changes Only:
Okay so right now, the meta for blitz 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 is Shipmaster/Atriox for the most part. to change that UNSC will need some serious buffs. Because as of now they are almost useless with the exception of Kisano/Johnson team which is pretty viable but can still use some tweaks. I'm going to give suggestions for UNSC/Banished leaders as a whole then suggestions for each of them individually. 1st of all, changes in Blitz and Deathmatch shouldn't always carry over without been looked into in both playlist since they both rquire very different play styles.Banished
- Not much needs to be addressed here since pretty much all the banished leaders are pretty viable. Except that marauders and banshees need a slight buff. but definitely marauders. right now marauders have no competitive use in either DM or Blitz. besides Shipmasters starting marauders, marauders are completely useless. Maybe a buff in damage or health can make them viable enough. Banshees in Blitz lack in both health and dps. they get melted too fast before they can dish out any meaningful damage. I think an increase from 60 to 70 energy and a slight buff to damage and/or health can make banshees a much more viable unit and spice things up a bit in Blitz since no one really uses them for competitive use as of now. thats pretty much it for banished.UNSC
- The reason why UNSC are lacking in competitive use are due to many reasons. right now the meta for blitz is Hunters/Elite rangers/Assault elite army comp. those are the main units used as banished with maybe a locust,wraith or reaver thrown into the mix. And because of how weak UNSC vehicles are, they are forced to go infantry. and they only have one viable anti-infantry unit (Snipers) snipers are pretty good but only one viable anti-infantry unit is not going to cut it against a 4 or 5 elite rangers and a wraith. to fix this issue, you can either add another sniper like with Jerome(have all the leaders have access to veteran snipers) Or you can make tanks a more viable unit. Right now tanks have no use in blitz because of how slow and little damage they dish out. Wraiths are much better in comparison to tanks. Either a buff in health and speed or a energy cost of 90/100 instead of 110 can make scorpions much more viable against the meta(Banish infantry spam). Okay now guard units. guard units for UNSC are really bad compared to what Banish has. Banished have guard Wraiths and Atriox has guard hunters. both pretty tanky units. throw a couple of engineers with those guard units and it will be very hard to kill. But all UNSC has is a guard warthog which doesn't even stay with your army when you move and dies way too quick and an armored marine which cost a whopping 100 energy and also dies extremely quick. Anders is the only one with a spartan guard but it cost way too much to be useful in competitive play. To fix this issue, UNSC will need better guard units. A guard scorpion for 120/130 energy or even a guard vulture for 170/180 energy or hornet for 100/110 energy would be a very cool idea since there are no air guard units. Another suggestion for UNSC is for Trooper units to drop units of the same level as the trooper unit or else those units are completely useless and die immediately. A few other points, kodiaks need a slight buff in damage, hero units should have their energy cost slightly decreased, warthogs should stay with their army when you move them, same thing with choppers. like smallreddude1 said, add another rush unit like a marine drop or even a rush jackrabbit for 40/50 energy. oh and veteran jackrabbit cost too much for its use if it even has any.Trooper hog cost from 140 to 110/120. With these changes I believe UNSC will be much more versatile and will actually have use for competitive play
Okay now i'm gonna give a few suggestions for each leader individual that I believe will help balance Blitz a bit more.1.Shipmaster
- slightly nerf glassing beams damage or speed(destroys armies before you even know whats happening). As much as I hate to say it, increase teleport cost from 60 to 70/80. getting rid of sight in fog of war would just make this leader power useless. Decrease price of unstable banshee from 130 to 100/110 or give it a nice buff.(currently has no competitive use). slight buff to ghost health or damage, no reason to choose ghost over chopper even though ghost cost 10 energy more.2.Atriox
- Nerf Shockwave, last way too long for such little cost, if you don't have teleport then say good bye to your army. same deal with enduring blisterbacks as trooper units. slightly increase spike turrets range/damage or decrease cost to 70 energy.3.Decimus
- Pretty balanced leader over all. if anything maybe have BlastHammer do slight damage as well as slowing down your enemies.
- Colony- add hunters brand. Living wall needs a good buff or a decrease of cost from 70 to 40 energy if its gonna have any use. Sacred hunters cost 60 more energy than regular hunters but show no real change in damage or health. Either increase health and damage or even speed, or decrease cost from 100 to 80. skitter mob should have cost decrease from 110 to 90 if you want it to have any competitive use. other than that Colony is a nice leader and pretty balanced.
- Arbiter- Arbiter is probably the most viable dlc leader to come into blitz. But can still use a few tweaks. Stasis should last a little longer and shouldn't affect yours or allied units. Phantoms should have slight decrease in health. they are much more viable in blitz than they are deathmatch. conduct of rage cost increase from 60 to 70/80. plama bolt cost from 70 to 60.
- Forge- Reactive marines can potentially be useful with a nice health buff. maybe add a guard grizzly unit for 180 energy, might be a cool idea. Forge's Warthog 300% increase of anvil round should stay in blitz to make forge more viable.
- Kinsano- Pretty good UNSC leader but needs a buff for her flamehogs and leader, they both are useless as of right now.
- Bunker drop cost increase from 40 to 60 or a health drop. bunker is way too tanky. Mantis/colossus need a buff in speed and damage or make them a good counter against infantry, not vehicles, we already have 3 cyclops. Also add a mantis guard unit for a cost of 110/120 and replace with the scorpion. would work perfectly with mech overcharge ability and can make johnson a very versatile leader and not just a bunker spam like he is now.9.Jerome-
pretty good leader overall, maybe add in a rally Mastodan to make use of spartan moral.10.Serina
- ice barrier cost increase from 50 to 60/70 or only 2 drop instead of 3. Cryo bomb is better than Glacial storm and cost 60 energy less. buff Glacial Storm.11.Cutter
- Archer missiles need a good buff. double time cost reduce from 130 to 110 or should last a bit longer.12.Isabelle
(Considered to be the worst leader in blitz)-Lockdown Scorpion needs slight buff in health or cost from 150 to 130 energy if to be useful in high level blitz.mac blast cost reduce from 160 to 130. ghost of the machine drops to slow, can easily be avoided if your watching your army.13.Anders
- Ark defense needs buff and
cost reduction from 140 to 110. worst leader power ever. maybe more variations of sentinels would be cool.
I know these are a lot of changes but if any of the UNSC leaders are gonna be used for high level blitz then some of these changes are needed. These changes will help balance Blitz and spice things up a bit.