2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 32
Please the bison has way too much health, that thing has tanked my whole army in several occassions without breaking a sweat. Its ability's aoe is too large...
Kinsano's inferno is a joke at late game vs vehicles, air and buildings which dominate at t3, think about it. Also flame hogs are so bad. T2 core vehicles are horrible!! Reavers still suck, hogs, flame hogs and maraudes are still useless. People rush straight to T3 if they are going vehicles.
Johnson's diggin in and diggin in deep are useless.
Anvil Nuke Round op.
Shrouds are too expensive for what they do.
Vehicle symbiotes should have 2 levels only and bigger aoe. No leader power should have 3 lvls for that matter imo.

And finally supply pads are way too slow mid to late game, they should top like at 8 or 10 pads.
TYRELL zx wrote:
I will focus on BLITZ:

1)More unique MAPS: Blitz needs really new and fresh Maps, which feel very different and play much more different than the current Proving Grounds.

2) SPECTATOR MODE: A Spectator mode would allow players to easily host tournaments or entire games to be streamed and commentated by moderators. This would help very much to increase the range ans popularity of Halo Wars.

3) E-SPORT: Halo has become big with the multiplayer mode. Why not support official Leagues and Tournaments for Blitz and DM in cooperation with for example the ESL? The current Ranked Playlist could be the eSports Focus.

4) NEW UNITS: For every leader. Like Jackals for the Banished in general or unsc specific units in general for every leader. This would keep the game a lot more versatile.

5) LEADER BALANCING: In Blitz there are currently no better Leaders than Shipmaster and Atriox. UNSC should be adjusted to bring them more in line with the Banished rush units. Shipmaster should be watched critically to adjust him and bring him in line with all the other leaders. When people talk he shouldnt be nerfed, screen the leaderboards for every season, they speak another language. He has the best offensive and defensive leader powers which cost so incredibly less and one of the best starting decks out there in Blitz. Teleport can be used for only 60 energy and applied without Line of Sight (this shouldnt be possible) and to dodge every leader power. Glassing Beam is the most effective Leader Power costing only 110 energy.

When new things come my mind I will just edit the topic. Thank you!
FURTHER IDEAS FOR BLITZ:

• Show your opponent (Gamertag) in the loading screen, when you cannot dodge anymore.

• Show the Ranking of your opponent after you have finished the match.
Many of my friends and I feel that Halo today is too colorful, the extremely positive reaction to the gritty HW2 E3 trailer is proof that the community wants to go back to the dark and grittier style of Halo. Halo is a story of courage, sacrifice, and selflessness, and I find it hard to immerse myself in HW2 with all the flashy colors and lights. I know that it's probably too late to do anything about it now but if you could think about it for a future Halo game that would be great! I find myself tempted to go play HW1 instead of HW2 because I simply can't immerse myself in an epic battle when it's all colorful.

An easy fix would be to give us the green team, UNSC Camo, that is already in the campaign. Fighting in that "UNSC EB Green" against the banished would totally help bring back the gritty feel and do a ton to immerse me and my friends in the games. So can we have the campaign green team for the UNSC in like skirmish 1v1s?

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to what I have to say, I have been playing Halo since day 1. I have great memories of going up to my friend's house and kicking him off HIS Xbox to sneak up the cliff in the truth and reconciliation in Halo CE. In fact, it is Halo that motivated me to pursue my degree in Comp Sci in the first place. Anyway, thank you.
It might just be me, but I didn't think Halo Wars 2's story was all that good. It was better written, yes, but it felt like half a game. Given I haven't actually bought it; I watched cutscenes on YouTube. It needs more context, more time spent with all characters for us to get to know them.
Anyone can correct me if they feel I'm wrong.
There isn't a cutscene between every mission. Much of the story is given through the voiceover briefings between missions, during the loading screens. So, you pretty much did get only half the story if all you watched were the cutscenes.
Every month you make something op and everyone is taking advantage of that
3 players using Jerome for example... I don't know if it's a good idea but in ranked games maybe you should implement picks, only one player of every team could play with forge or whatever they want. it is more easy try to fight one leader like Jerome or forge than fight 3 of them
I'm posting here in hopes that you read it, but dear lord, I'm furious that there likely won't be a hotfix in the foreseeable near future. Do you even play this game? Have you played it recently? If so then you'd know that it's unplayable. Every game, EVERY GAME, has a majority of the player's using Forge or Serina. There is absolutely NO variation. And if you attempt any sort of new strategies using different leaders, you lose. No questions. Please fix this, I miss enjoying this game.
FYI - We have a preview of a few high priority fixes already in the works for the next Halo Wars 2 balance patch. You can read the details HERE.
Dear 343,

First of all, I just want to say thank you for such an amazing game. I realize there are a lot of complaints out there because things aren't balanced yet, but it is obvious, that there will be new balance issues with the release of new content. I look forward to what Halo Wars will look like after all the DLC content has been released and blanaced. With that said, here are my suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
  • Forge's Hog is a given. Nerf "Y" ability.
  • I think the UNSC healing rings could get more attention. This is a big one for me! Please further reduce the cost, and the cool down time. It's an important leader power that is overlooked due to price and cool down times.
  • Bring back the cobra! Or turn Johnson's Colossus into one similar.
  • If you could add the disruption bomb power to all leader power trees that'd be amazing (from halo wars 1)
  • To stop enemy rushes better and to get more use out of mines, please increase their damage dealt. I'd like to see mines used more by players all around the board. It has potential to be a great early game tactic to counter rush units.
  • Colony's mines get little to no use. They are too far up on the leader power tree. Move them down to the 1st tier and maybe move skitters back a tier.
  • I realize a lot of people complain about shipmaster's displacement, but it isn't as overpowered as people make it out to be. It's only effective if the player using it has units to attack half a warped army. Otherwise, the "warped player" just walks his units back into attack position. I don't think it needs to be nerfed, or to appease the crowds maybe just reduce the selection radius by a little bit. It's cost and cool down time is already pretty great.
  • I think Teleport was nerfed too much in comparison to the pelican drop. Increase the range a bit more on teleport to compensate.
  • I'd love to see Isabel get buffed somehow. I don't see many players using her as of late. Maybe you can power up the units she steals when she uses Ghost in the machine. That would make it really effective!
  • I think Cutter was nerfed a little too much this past time. Not sure how to compensate.
  • For Cutter, Isabel, and Ander's Spartan Hero's I think switching their hijack upgrade with their weapon upgrade would be better and will help them get in line with the other heroes. Hijack is most effective when you can use it on a tier 2 or 3 vehicle. Not early game against scouts. Let them get their rockets, and heavy weapons first to help vs other heroes.
  • Reduce the power needed for UNSC snipers by like 20 or 25.
  • Reduce the Cooldown on Cutters ODST drop.
  • In the same way that Anders R&D was switched to 2 upgrades instead of 3, I think the same should be done to some of the Arbiter's leader powers.
  • Reduce the damage dealt to buildings by a little for colony's goliath's. Right now, those things wreck havoc early game!
  • Give Shipmaster elite enforcers instead of brutes.
  • Reduce the damage by elite enforcers vs buildings, ever so slightly.
  • Reduce Serina's chill effect from her hero vs bases.
  • Marauder's still need some help. Give them some love.
  • I also feel like blisterbacks could use a damage boost while deployed vs other units. I don't see many players using them anymore.
  • Here is an idea. I'm more 50/50 on it, but maybe it'll spark new brainstorming ideas. I love rushing personally, but I know that many people would like to see games last a bit longer. Perhaps you could reduce the starting pop that each team gets (making it a little harder to rush), and tie population increase directly to your tech level. And then to top it off, more pop is researched via the war council.
  • A couple new 3v3 maps would be nice!
  • Add new maps to blitz!
  • Please do NOT remove domination again. I love that game type and am glad it's back!
  • For all the upgrades Johnson has towards turrets, I think he should have an additional turret drop. Maybe make the seige turret have another upgrade, where it allows two turret drops. One seige and one regular?
Most balances should come in minor increments. Let's avoid a 300% change on things from here on out! ;P You guys have made my favorite game of all time, even better with it's second installment. You guys rock! Keep up the GREAT work!!! I know I've suggested a lot here, and some may agree or disagree, but if you get anything out of this, please work on the healing rings and the mines. Thanks again for reading!
Willko wrote:
It might just be me, but I didn't think Halo Wars 2's story was all that good. It was better written, yes, but it felt like half a game. Given I haven't actually bought it; I watched cutscenes on YouTube. It needs more context, more time spent with all characters for us to get to know them.
Anyone can correct me if they feel I'm wrong.
There isn't a cutscene between every mission. Much of the story is given through the voiceover briefings between missions, during the loading screens. So, you pretty much did get only half the story if all you watched were the cutscenes.
Oooh lul. I thought of buying it. It's that the original game wasn't my cup of tea. Not really into RTSs. I only wanted to keep up with the narrative.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I AM DONE! I am a long time fan boy of HW and HW2. Play list ranking is a joke. I am barely a platinum and I keep getting matched up with onyx and champion players. This is silly and makes the game unenjoyable for the casual gamer. I AM DONE with this game.
I personally don't think any unit as of right now needs a nerf, sure yes the spam of throwing marines/grunts and a few building killers at a base with the ocasional hero is overpowered, but that's because it's easy to get thoses units out in the early game, and if the game ends up not having the rush the there may still be the air spam, which brings me to my point, theses units don't need nerfing, their counter units need buffs, they need to be a bit more formidle against a larger force of units made up of 1 particular type, and need to be a bit cheaper, the power consumption to get a few snipers on the field is too much, and the suicide grunts aren't that feasable and eventually become too expensive against a marine army, and the rangers need tech 1 to build, by the time you have tech 2 your base the enemy is already barreling down on top of you, hunters and cyclops need to do some actual damage to vehicle based heros, like forge or the command mantis, and then the reavers and Wolverines need a serious buff in damage and a slight increase in health, because building an entire army of anti air is just stupid if that's what it really takes to beat an air army, a damage increase to turrets wouldn't be a bad idea either, make your player base think about their strategy instead of letting them do spam until they win, also making secondary bases and mini bases occupied by sentinals wouldn't be a bad idea, BUT PLEASE BUFF THE COUNTER UNITS!
Too much lag
I can not play 3v3 games
2. Maps, maps, maps. The game needs cool, funny and varied maps like Fort Deen, Frozen Valley, Exile, Glacial ravine, Terminal Moraine, The docks, Crevice, etc. from Halo Wars 1.
TYRELL zx wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
I will focus on BLITZ:

1)More unique MAPS: Blitz needs really new and fresh Maps, which feel very different and play much more different than the current Proving Grounds.

2) SPECTATOR MODE: A Spectator mode would allow players to easily host tournaments or entire games to be streamed and commentated by moderators. This would help very much to increase the range ans popularity of Halo Wars.

3) E-SPORT: Halo has become big with the multiplayer mode. Why not support official Leagues and Tournaments for Blitz and DM in cooperation with for example the ESL? The current Ranked Playlist could be the eSports Focus.

4) NEW UNITS: For every leader. Like Jackals for the Banished in general or unsc specific units in general for every leader. This would keep the game a lot more versatile.

5) LEADER BALANCING: In Blitz there are currently no better Leaders than Shipmaster and Atriox. UNSC should be adjusted to bring them more in line with the Banished rush units. Shipmaster should be watched critically to adjust him and bring him in line with all the other leaders. When people talk he shouldnt be nerfed, screen the leaderboards for every season, they speak another language. He has the best offensive and defensive leader powers which cost so incredibly less and one of the best starting decks out there in Blitz. Teleport can be used for only 60 energy and applied without Line of Sight (this shouldnt be possible) and to dodge every leader power. Glassing Beam is the most effective Leader Power costing only 110 energy.

When new things come my mind I will just edit the topic. Thank you!
FURTHER IDEAS FOR BLITZ:

• Show your opponent (Gamertag) in the loading screen, when you cannot dodge anymore.

• Show the Ranking of your opponent after you have finished the match.
• The Vision Indicator for Teammates on the Minimap is at least gone for 3v3 Blitz. Please bring this back.
Does 343 plan to release any new leaders after yipyap? I'm really hoping that isn't the case as every time a new leader comes out I cannot play the game because they are always so overpowered. I wanted to play a couple 3v3 games last night before going out, and first game I get matched against a Serina on the other team who literally controlled the entire game by putting ice barriers around the power nodes. Her leader powers get so spammed so quickly. I would love the next halo wars to have different content released every so often such as maps or new skins instead of leaders, because this pattern is frustrating as an avid fan who does not want to buy the DLC...I play to have fun strategic battles and every time I try its just a new leader with something being exploited with no strategy. I can't wait for the balancing and leader releases to be finished so I can come back to this game I love :)
Posted this as it's own topic and I'll post it again here:

Forgehog's nano-bots + Heavy Metal conflict, causing effected units to be completely immobile. Only causes this after Forgehog's second upgrade which adds the speed boost to his aura.
The units still receive the armor boost, but remain effectively immobile, only jerking around, not moving very much if at all.
1- I noticed that the Blisterback has problems when healing once more. Though more than related to the vehicle, it might be due to Skitterers or Serina's Cryobomb since it has been working fine on Blitz but didn't heal beyond half bar on matches that it's exposed to such effects. I can't tell which might be causing it, since the only games I built Blisterbacks with Skitterers was while facing a Serina.

2- AA has improved since the patch, but they still kind of suck vs mass Sentinels, there are still ways to counter them but AA doesn't seem to be the best option rigth now, more than a buff, I think that AA needs some work on pop and cost.
AA does not suck vs sentinels, just recently lost to a forge vehicle army, massed sentinels they were slaughtered, then tried mixing it up with hornets sentinels and nightingale, same match same result, last night I had 5 wolverines with my hornets against two anders sentinel armies, beforehand my hornets were dying but with the added aa the sentinels dropped like flies, reavers on the other hand could use a reverse change, their new slower missle barrage seemed to be a huge nerf because they are now underperforming atleast thats what i noticed.

I will add and I'm pretty sure 343 is well aware of the issue but for some odd reason it's just not being addressed, forgehog anvil round needs a nerf to infantry, in every other way possible is it well rounded but an infantry army shouldn't be nuked into oblivion, in 3v3 triple forgehog with his economy, you are outperformed every step of the way in economy and with his leader power like hero ability anvil round basically a mac blast on a shorter cool down. Vehicles can usually avoid it or with their natural radius they are not clumped up, like infantry are and therefore only a few vehicles are effected by anvil round. Just fix anvils damage to infantry and it should be on par without making the forgehog completely useless again.
Forges EMP blast is ridiculously OP...
For two missions the dlc was good not amazing but that's not surprising seeing as its two missions but it performed better than I expected and I had quite high expectations. Serena is a brilliant leader and can be very powerful however if you attack her/don't use her right she can be defeated with ease. Im glad the adjustment that have been made to Forge they were desperately needed. Anders still needs work which I think is more to do with the fact she has two leader powers that are in the most part upgrades. They could be replaced with two other leader powers such as a few aggressor sentinels that guard turrets and power nodes and a area denial sentinel swarm. Isabel is the other leader I feel needs improving along with Atriox and Kinsano.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 32