Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2 Good Blitz Decks?

OP Vigilized

I'm looking for a few long lasting decks for Blitz, any ideas on what I could use??
Vigilized wrote:
I'm looking for a few long lasting decks for Blitz, any ideas on what I could use??
Fast cheap units to collect power drops
Generally speaking with Blitz Decks I try to emphasize what makes each leader different: i.e., for Kinsano I get almost all her unique cards into the deck, lots of flame powers.

This might not be terribly optimized but it's how I like to play Blitz, leveraging each leader's specialities to the max. :)

In the case of Kinsano specifically I've actually had some good success using her unique cards to spread flame around. I see Blitz as a game of bluff. There's no fog of war, so it's like playing chicken. If you can convince the enemy that your position on a control point is unbreakable, you've already won that point. Spreading TONS of flame around makes it very hard to triage, that is, very hard to determine how much danger your troops are in and what is happening to them. Your opponent is more likely to break and run, and that's what you want.

But this is just my 2cents worth, open for debate! :)
EiTeNeR wrote:
Vigilized wrote:
Fast cheap units to collect power drops
This, pretty much. I have three different decks:
  1. A light deck (cheaper units).
  2. A medium deck (average build).
  3. A heavy deck (more expensive units).
Coordinate with your teammates to find out what your task is. If you are the one who will acquire the energy, it might be best to go with a light deck while your teammate goes for a medium or heavy deck.