Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo wars 2... huge let down?

OP Specter118

Well to start off let me just say this is my opinion as a gamer and should not be seen as anything other than that, so if you are gonna reply dont come crying over something i said.
I am a Halo fan but im not THAT into it, so i have no regard to the campaing or story(at least in this post).
I'm obviously disappointed in Halo Wars 2 and these are my reasons why:
-first of all, the game does not feel like halo wars any more, its entirely different, and that was a bad idea from the start. Halo wars was AMAZING, so you didnt have to change the whole game, just add more things to it.
-the covenant or brute bases now look like they were human made. They look almost the same as the human bases, with the only diference that brutes come out of them.
-When you give units a command they dont say anything in response, it doesnt sound serious but it is annoying when you dont know if the game actually took the command.
-the "hero" powers and annoying as they are stupid
-i liked the fact that they put the shield generators in the turret spaces
-Whats the deal with the "energy" supplies? They are pretty troublesome. And i dont see the use in adding that
-Is the unit cap better or higher? Yes its 60 and can be lvld up to 80, but making units now cost from 3-5 spaces, so its virtually the same, i dare say worse. For example, before i could make 24 squads of hunters when i had the "reinforcements" upgrade, and no i can only make 16 with the extra cap upgrade.
Those are some of the things i didnt like, and i am a HUGE halo wars fan, i still play halo wars to this day, but i think halo wars 2 was a big let down, and everyone i have talked to says the same, to the point where i think we're not gonna buy the game at all. The cross platform is amazing, but not if the game isnt amazing in itself. Thank you for your time
Wait for release then decide if it's worth it because most of the GAME isn't even out yet. More buildings mechanics and fixes are bound to come. Don't just state your opinion on what you see now, there isn't enough content to decide whetherto buy it or not yet. I'm not saying it's good or bad, I fact I agree with many of your statements, but before you decide just wait until the full game comes out.
*wouldnt recommend preordering ANY game ever until you see what it's like
Wait for release then decide if it's worth it because most of the GAME isn't even out yet. More buildings mechanics and fixes are bound to come. Don't just state your opinion on what you see now, there isn't enough content to decide whetherto buy it or not yet. I'm not saying it's good or bad, I fact I agree with many of your statements, but before you decide just wait until the full game comes out.
*wouldnt recommend preordering ANY game ever until you see what it's like
As a Beta they want feedback, and how we fee about the game "as it is now" because this is the direction they're going with the full game. It's up to good feedback like this Thread, to help convince them to change the current state to a better finalized product. If we didn't judge the current state, then this would be the final product to a degree.
This game is indeed a let down. Hopefully they can change enough of it to make it like the first game. They have plenty of time to do so, so they should have no problem getting the game back on track.
I don't think you can decide if a game is a let down or not based on a beta. I personally like the beta except for the crashing and kicking me out of games.