Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2: Red vs Blue (-Rooster Teeth's) DLC

OP Delta 38 x

I think a fun idea would to have a non-canon Red Vs Blue DLC. The Reds and Blues would be the special unit of the faction. They would be like infantry units, but they would all have individual abilities. Lopez can repair vehicles. Doc can heal the group, although not very well. Tucker uses his sword. Grif Is slower than the rest but can take over and drive a friendly warthog, and Simmons would be his gunner, mainly because I can't think about anything special for Simmons. Sarge rallies nearby units, and of course uses his shot gun. Donut can throw grenades, and rather far too, also maybe he could be revived once, because he comes so close to death so many times. Caboose can be thrown into a rage and would do increased damage. Church can't shoot, because he cannot hit anything, but he can take control of another unit, he can take infantry, but the unit would be unable to shoot as well, and he can take a vehicle.

They could either move as a squad or individually but either way they should be able to be individually targeted. I am not sure how you could balance this, maybe by making them cost a lot, or a leader power or something. Speaking of leader powers, the leader powers could be a pelican bombing run, and maybe call in a Freelancer. Also the other generic UNSC powers, as in pelican transport, the heal power, and the turret thing. The normal troops could be the people of Chorus or other Red and Blue Sim Troopers. (in other words the marines would look like Spartans) The actual Spartan unit could be the Freelancers instead of them being the leader power. The Freelancers that could be called in, or made would be Tex, Wash, or Carolina.

May there could be a Freelancer faction as well, I think it should work rather similarly with the Freelancers being the special unit, and each of them having their own special ability or role. The Leader powers should also be similar except that the bombing run is replaced with a space laser, because the ship Mother of Invention has one. That or just a mac cannon. Instead of calling in Freelancers they could just be hot dropped, like ODSTs or transported in on a pelican. The leader/announcer would of course be the Director.

The Leader of the Reds and Blues could be Sarge or Church. Maybe Kimball if you go with the Chorus people for infantry, or maybe Wash or Carolina, or just all of them... Frankly I don't know who the leader would be. However if you go with the people of Chorus then the other faction would be the Chairman and his mercs, but that wouldn't be as fun... Unless there was all of the above. You could also split up the reds and blues but I don't think it is a good idea. Anyway (besides spliting up the Reds and Blues), This would be a great, fun idea and a nice nod to the fans and stuff.

P.S. This is just my opinion, and all that stuff. I think that this would be amazing. If it could be balanced than it should definitely be added, I am probably missing some details, But this is a fun topic and it will probably be fun to discuss. Also it would be beyond awesome if it is added to the game.
It doesn't tickle my fancy. It doesn't sound like it brings anything that I would want to HW2. Just seems like a fandom sort of deal, meaning, unless you're a fan of RvB, it's unlikely that you'll enjoy it as much and its significance would be lost on you.

I'd much prefer story driven DLC, or DLC based on the established Halo Lore; new units, and not just re-purposed Spartans.
It doesn't tickle my fancy. It doesn't sound like it brings anything that I would want to HW2. Just seems like a fandom sort of deal, meaning, unless you're a fan of RvB, it's unlikely that you'll enjoy it as much and its significance would be lost on you.

I'd much prefer story driven DLC, or DLC based on the established Halo Lore; new units, and not just re-purposed Spartans.
1. yes, yes it is.

2. Theoretically just because you would get this wouldn't get the other stuff in other DLCs, just because they make this doesn't mean that they won't make the other ones, theoretically.

3. How am I suppose to come up with cannon stories and units, I am not a writer for 343.

Anyway this is just an idea.
Delta 38 x wrote:

1. yes, yes it is.

2. Theoretically just because you would get this wouldn't get the other stuff in other DLCs, just because they make this doesn't mean that they won't make the other ones, theoretically.

3. How am I suppose to come up with cannon stories and units, I am not a writer for 343.

you just think of a faction in the halo universe, my favorite the innies for example.

there are literally hundreds of posts about cannon factions.

it would be interesting if like on the fourth of july the spartans would switch to rvb characters. but not permantly
Delta 38 x wrote:

1. yes, yes it is.

2. Theoretically just because you would get this wouldn't get the other stuff in other DLCs, just because they make this doesn't mean that they won't make the other ones, theoretically.3. How am I suppose to come up with cannon stories and units, I am not a writer for 343.

I don't quite understand your 2nd response to me... I gave my opinion on your OP and explained it. I don't really follow you there. I never said anything about it being an either/or deal.

As for coming up with ideas, it's not up to you, it's up to 343i / Creative Assembly, and if it were up to you, there's a large library of Halo lore via the novels, comics, or Halo wikis that are all fairly easily accessible. You could even draw from the lore that is mentioned within the games themselves.
Delta 38 x wrote:

1. yes, yes it is.

2. Theoretically just because you would get this wouldn't get the other stuff in other DLCs, just because they make this doesn't mean that they won't make the other ones, theoretically.3. How am I suppose to come up with cannon stories and units, I am not a writer for 343.

I don't quite understand your 2nd response to me... I gave my opinion on your OP and explained it. I don't really follow you there. I never said anything about it being an either/or deal.

As for coming up with ideas, it's not up to you, it's up to 343i / Creative Assembly, and if it were up to you, there's a large library of Halo lore via the novels, comics, or Halo wikis that are all fairly easily accessible. You could even draw from the lore that is mentioned within the games themselves.
Gotta admit, I'd much rather see more of the expanded universe make its way into halo wars 2 than freakin RvB. The thought never crossed my mind its that bizarre.
Delta 38 x wrote:

1. yes, yes it is.

I must have misunderstood what you were saying, sorry. You have a good point though.