1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
ULTIMATE EDITION IS LIVE
STANDARD EDITION IS LIVE

So, I figured since the Ultimate Edition people have only 10 days until release, with the Standard Edition people coming four days later. How about this thread is more a general discussion and also a way to be eager if need be. Since we had the Launch Trailer release not too long ago and now there isn't too long left until release. So I may as well put what things I know here as reminders for people to do if they forgot or haven't checked it out:

Isabel Twitter Halo Wars - This link lets you do a halo wars match via twitter against Isabel. If you win you get a free skin or at least you used to for Halo Wars 2. Try it and check it out

Sgt. Forge (Link displays proof he is free for a time.) - When the game is out on the 17th and 21st, make sure to pick up Sgt. Forge for free. He'll only be usable in Blitz and Firefight however.

Sgt. Forge in every Halo Wars 2 mode - Credit to Werd5 for mentioning it.

Sgt. Forge able to be gotten now - Credit to xS415x for poviding the link and saying of it.

Ske7ch saying when the Xbox One Pre-load was live - Pre-load is now live on Xbox One and PC

Isabel Pack Contents - Xbox Store and Microsoft Store Pre-order

Open Blitz Packs - Open your blitz packs here

Modes known:
Campaign (Single Player and Online Co-op)

Multiplayer (1v1, 2v2 and 3v3)
  • Domination (1v1, 2v2 and 3v3) - The basic mode of Halo Wars 2 like it was in Halo Wars 1
  • Skirmish (1v1, 2v2 and 3v3) - Allows AI team-mates or enemies alongside player team-mates or enemies. Say 1 player and 1 AI vs 1 player and 1 AI
  • Strongholds (1v1, 2v2 and 3v3) - Timed game, the goal is to hold the most bases.
  • Deathmatch (1v1, 2v2 and 3v3) - Like Domination, but you have to wipe out the enemy?
  1. Blitz (1v1, 2v2 and 3v3)
  2. Firefight (1, 2 and 3 man teams vs AI)
Don't forget there is also the tutorial for basic and advanced things, as well as a refresher on Blitz if you forget. Alongside the store if you at some point wanted to either get the season pass if you lacked it or other things.

As far as I recall too. There was challenges for daily and weekly. For both Blitz and I believe the Campaign. They'll get you Experience and Blitz Packs if you need them. It's at least three a day either way
Intermittent Poster and Infrequent Viewer.
Beat every challenge on Halo Wars 2 Blitz Beta.
SEC3OP doesn't make me a moderator or so, I can't aid in that regard.
10 days out? Man I picked the wrong time to get a girlfriend.
W10 store version says it unlocks at 7 PM EST on the 16th, so just under 10 days here.
Werd5 wrote:
W10 store version says it unlocks at 7 PM EST on the 16th, so just under 10 days here.
That matches up with it being released at midnight GMT on the 17th. Which would be 10 days for Ultimate Edition owners.
How do you know Forge is only for blitz/firefight? Was it confirmed?
They said in a video where firefight for Blitz was shown off that for a short time after launch. He would be a free leader in it. He wouldn't be in the main MP due to he's dead.
i have the ultimate edition, thanks life 🏆🎮
They said in a video where firefight for Blitz was shown off that for a short time after launch. He would be a free leader in it. He wouldn't be in the main MP due to he's dead.
So is MP canon then?
So is MP canon then?
Probably not Canon, but uses the canon leaders.
So is MP canon then?
I think it will mainly be due to regular MP being ranked. So having a DLC leader in the mix would cause balancing issues. And if that's the case, then the season pass is worthless to anyone who doesn't care about Blitz.
So is MP canon then?
I think it will mainly be due to regular MP being ranked. So having a DLC leader in the mix would cause balancing issues. And if that's the case, then the season pass is worthless to anyone who doesn't care about Blitz.
Well season pass does include some campaign missions.
Sgt. Forge - When the game is out on the 17th and 21st, make sure to pick up Sgt. Forge for free.
Just wondering what you mean by this. I'm a Ultimate Edition (Digital) Pre-Order person, I assumed we just got Forge as a part of the Seasons Pass. Do we need to do something special?

Admittedly I'm new to the whole Season Pass thing, so I have no idea if we need to do anything special with them full stop.
xS415x wrote:
Sgt. Forge - When the game is out on the 17th and 21st, make sure to pick up Sgt. Forge for free.
Just wondering what you mean by this. I'm a Ultimate Edition (Digital) Pre-Order person, I assumed we just got Forge as a part of the Seasons Pass. Do we need to do something special?

Admittedly I'm new to the whole Season Pass thing, so I have no idea if we need to do anything special with them full stop.
To clarify. Forge is available to everyone season pass or not. You grab him for free from the store.

The season pass itself will include:
New Leaders
New Units
New Blitz Cards
New campaign missions

Forge is more an extra bonus launch gift for everyone.
xS415x wrote:

To clarify. Forge is available to everyone season pass or not. You grab him for free from the store.

New Leaders
New Units
New Blitz Cards
New campaign missions

Thank you for the clarification!

I'm guessing it's not in the store yet, any chance you can provide a link where you've gotten this info from as well? I'd like to read up on all this as well.
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:

New Leaders
New Units
New Blitz Cards
New campaign missions

I'm guessing it's not in the store yet, any chance you can provide a link where you've gotten this info from as well? I'd like to read up on all this as well.
For the season pass: Season Pass Info

For the Forge Leader, it was in a video I am looking for. Will re-update the main post with it when I find it
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:

New Leaders
New Units
New Blitz Cards
New campaign missions

For the season pass: Season Pass InfoFor the Forge Leader, it was in a video I am looking for. Will re-update the main post with it when I find it
Thank you! I was more interested in Forge, but the Season Pass Info is still a helpful read (Totally forgot about store descriptions). I'll check the main post for the video when you get it up.

Awesome thread too, thanks for putting it all together.
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:

New Leaders
New Units
New Blitz Cards
New campaign missions

For the season pass: Season Pass InfoFor the Forge Leader, it was in a video I am looking for. Will re-update the main post with it when I find it
Thank you! I was more interested in Forge, but the Season Pass Info is still a helpful read (Totally forgot about store descriptions). I'll check the main post for the video when you get it up.

Awesome thread too, thanks for putting it all together.
Updated the main post to include a link to the video and the time rather close to it. Was tricky to find.
Updated the main post to include a link to the video and the time rather close to it. Was tricky to find.
Thanks for the link, definately give it a watch later today.
You best believe I'm using Forge 100% of the time during Firefight
You best believe I'm using Forge 100% of the time during Firefight
Just make sure to get the packs for him
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8