Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo wars 2 should get a new content update

OP Halolover9990

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It has been so long since we got a update overall. I know they gave up on halo wars 2 but they should give us a farewell gift as a new leader. Could use more stuff like leaders, vehicles, or game modes like offline blitz were we complete offline objectives and completing campaign missions to get blitz packs but we have to go online to get daily packs. We could use some free dlc like leaders and upgrades
I believe 343 said that the team that was doing the Halo Wars 2 content is the same team that is overseeing the port of Reach to the MCC, so they're a bit busy atm. Maybe one day we'll see some new updates if they ever try to bring HW2 to a new platform like Steam or something
It has been so long since we got a update overall. I know they gave up on halo wars 2 but they should give us a farewell gift as a new leader. Could use more stuff like leaders, vehicles, or game modes like offline blitz were we complete offline objectives and completing campaign missions to get blitz packs but we have to go online to get daily packs. We could use some free dlc like leaders and upgrades
Maybe in the future but now the studio work in the MCC and Halo Infinite release
I would like to see a new leader. Maybe a Kig-Yar leader?
I d rather have some new maps to be honnest... (even if it would be fun to have a prophet and Cortana, or why not Master Chief, as a leader)

To me it's the main con of the game: no enough maps (i guess it s because of Blitz... but I dont play Blitz mode...)
new maps over content and bug fixes before anything else happens
Ah, so we're talking about the kind of new content? I toss my vote on getting more factions content like a new leader.
Maps over content any day, would liven the gameplay honestly.
Maps are content if you didn't know
new maps and possibly some new units there are too many missing from the original game the leaders and their powers don't make up for the lack of upgrade paths in the game. It would be great to have some slightly more "basic" maps like the old fort deen something you can turtle in just for giggles once you're being taken in this game now it's very hard to recover, it's also too difficult to effectively move around the busy maps they have.
Ah, so we're talking about the kind of new content? I toss my vote on getting more factions content like a new leader.
Flood!!!!!!!!!
I actually had an idea for Lasky as a HW2 leader a while back and I still got the doc for it. I feel like he could be implemented with some changes done to my ideas.
Maps are content if you didn't know
You get the point though, content meaning leaders/factions vs maps. but ok.
Maps x100000 over anything else.
PSYCHOROID wrote:
I d rather have some new maps to be honnest... (even if it would be fun to have a prophet and Cortana, or why not Master Chief, as a leader)

To me it's the main con of the game: no enough maps (i guess it s because of Blitz... but I dont play Blitz mode...)
I agree this game is seriously lacking in the maps department
PSYCHOROID wrote:

Also if they’re gonna make a map, make some like the original HW1 maps.
When I imply "content" that includes leaders, factions, maps, and vehicles
They should add more maps so i agree
Make things work right 1st. There is a permissions issue between client and server side. So if you where playing pve scrubbing dailys and lost conection to HWP the battle sometimes doesnt count. Its the safe way to do it stops hackers, its still a pain though. Also could we get a full mission list of ones we have completed you know like the way all other halo games work so you can go back and just do one level. and if not then separate the auto saves from each other (campain).
Alright guys, hear me out.
We need a new content update. Right? Literally everyone agrees on this, especially since hw2 has become alive again. We need new stuff. Just enough to make every game not the same thing, you know?

We could use a flood leader for multiplayer. We NEED it. The entire community has been screaming for it since the first halo wars. Since awakening the nightmare came out, that reality could be so close to us and it hasn't happened. All the assets are there. You could just have gravemind-(covenant) and gravemind-(human) and it'll be the same, or even just gravemind and have certain set units. It wouldn't be difficult and the playstyle you could have with it would be amazing. It could be just about widdelling down defenses and eventually infecting units. The dev team would just need to figure out some leader powers.

Second. Just redesign some old halo wars one maps, with some garrisonable supply and power buildings (like the ones that supply you with resources if there's a unit in them) The gameplay would be way more hot and people would be making more units early to mid game if that were the case.

Third-we need to have a wolverine buff, and a health buff to cyclopses as well. Those would make the unsc way more applicable in late game. And jesus christ man, they're counter units. They're supposed to change the tide of battle but you can rip through Wolverines with Hornets and the same thing with cyclopses against any army of vehicle with one simple leader power on your army. Practically any heal fixes your army up, and you can take them out.

Bring more maps to the game above all though. We need it, I mean 8 maps? And they're all for 1v1 thru 3v3? And then theres 3 more maps to add it to 11. And those are only up to 2v2. Halo wars 1 had maps that were specific to the amount of players in it, and there were around 15 to 25 in the game. That's more than we have period.

Add a 3v3 domination game mode that's ranked. Change 2v2 domination to unranked-way more people would play that.
Blitz is fine though. 😂

And one more banished campaign would be fantastic. I feel like there's still so much more to be had in the story, and adding a 15 to 20 dollar expansion would be such an incentive as well to help the development team give us more content. A bit of work for a big payoff. Doing this would fund the h*ll out of it all so the work would be doable and good for the community as well.

I don't know. I just feel like, work on what you got. Halo wars 2 has a boat load of potential and it's so doable to make it huge again. It just needs a bit of effort from the community and the devs. We all sorta have an equal part in this. So if theres anyone who's willing to put the hours in over there-please, do something. Because the community is still very much alive, and we all love the game.

Cheers-a very avid fan of the franchise
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3