Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2 Steam

OP Sonicfanx1

Haha, time for another "Halo Wars 2 on Steam please" thread.

Could you guys port Halo Wars 2 onto steam after you finish with MCC please? I believe it has far more potential on Steam than it does the Windows Store and since microsoft seems to be relenting a little bit on their PC Marketplace Exclusivities for 1st party franchises, I and a lot of RTS and Halo fans would love to see Halo Wars 2 be released on steam. The game was made with PC in mind and although the Microsoft store is cool and all, you have to admit it's kind of a waste locking it to just that one market.

Releasing it on steam might take a little bit of work, but with crossplay between Xbox Live and Steam now a reality, I think it's about time you let the rest of the PC Market experience that Halo Wars 2 goodness on steam.
Sonicfanx1 wrote:

Could you guys port Halo Wars 2 onto steam after you finish with MCC please? I believe it has far more potential on Steam than it does the Windows Store and since microsoft seems to be relenting a little bit on their PC Marketplace Exclusivities for 1st party franchises, I and a lot of RTS and Halo fans would love to see Halo Wars 2 be released on steam. The game was made with PC in mind and although the Microsoft store is cool and all, you have to admit it's kind of a waste locking it to just that one market.

Releasing it on steam might take a little bit of work, but with crossplay between Xbox Live and Steam now a reality, I think it's about time you let the rest of the PC Market experience that Halo Wars 2 goodness on steam.
"The game was made with PC in mind"
uhhhh you wanna try that again?

and yes steam HW2 would be cool
Sonicfanx1 wrote:

"The game was made with PC in mind"
uhhhh you wanna try that again?

and yes steam HW2 would be cool
The way I see it, RTS games are always going to be better on PC, purely because of the control scheme, the way they all work is just better on a mouse and keyboard.
Yes please! Bring HW2 on steam and announce HW3 development. AMEN
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
Show
I missed the Halo Wars franchise the first time around, so I'd love to play through these entirely on Steam.

Also 343...Halo 5? Please? Some time in the future? It feels weird that's the only game in the series that's not on PC in any way.
Steam version for all players
Give the HALO WARS 2 game a chance
HW2, which still leaves many bugs, is the biggest stigma of 343 industries development.
It doesn't support XBOX SX yet, so it runs at 30fps or less.
This is far from a cool game.
HW2 is the debut of the fascinating villain Banished
The second story of SOF, the best team.
Multiplayer is also fun, so I also support SX with the Steam version
I want you to improve HW2 so that you can play it for a long time
halo wars 2 on steam i would definitely buy it
I think bring HW2 to steam will be doing the game a great justice. When it game out almost 4 years I had blast playing it on console. But now I've switched over to PC and i would love to see the game become available on steam. I believe it will bring more people to the community and it will honor the art style that was created for the game and what is soon to be delivered in halo infinite. It will also help provide a good background story into explaining who the banished are and how brilliant Atriox is a character. To this day I still play HW2 from the Microsoft store but i have to play alone since it takes to too long to find other players.