Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2 Upgrades

OP WealthierPig9

I have seen people wants flood as a playable leader (including me) but now the only leader we can wait would be the forerunners or maybe in a rare case the flood.Now I want to hear your opinion about this would you prefer a forerunner or a flood faction?
The most possible would be the forerunner because if you have played Awakening the Nightmare you should know floods are very difficult to defeat and in my opinion I would like a flood leader becomes true but the only thing we can wait is that a new leader appears or a Halo Wars 3
I think in regards to Halo Wars 2, the closest we'll probably get to a Forerunner Leader is Prof. Anders since she has Protector & Retriever Sentinels as units as well as Aggressor Sentinels for Leader powers. I do like the idea of a Flood Leader though and even came up with two of them based on infected UNSC & Banished assets. I also came up with a LOT of other new Leaders (along with other content) in another post I made a while back which would all better left to a hypothetical Halo Wars 3.
Since this is called "Upgrades", how about making the numerous unit variants from Blitz playable in Skirmish via upgrades for certain Leaders? That would be fun.
I have seen people wants flood as a playable leader (including me) but now the only leader we can wait would be the forerunners or maybe in a rare case the flood.Now I want to hear your opinion about this would you prefer a forerunner or a flood faction?
The flood would definitely be cooler in my opinion...seriously the flood over forerunner? Who wouldn’t want to play let’s say as the “gravemind”.
An RTS in 2017 should have 3 factions. I was surprised when we still only got 2. I think if they make a halo wars 3 it will finally have 3 factions. Hopefully the flood will be the third faction.
Here are a few ideas I had for a Flood faction for Halo Wars 2. Similar to the eight Leaders each of the UNSC & Banished, there would be eight playable "strains" of Flood to play as. They are:

1. UNSC Strain: Uses infected Spirit of Fire units & structures.
2. Banished Strain: Uses infected Banished units & structures.
3. Pure Strain: Uses original Flood units & structures including several deleted forms from Halo 3 & Halo Titan.

The next five are all guest Strains from other games both for fun and to help even out the roster:

4. Zerg Strain (StarCraft)
5. Necromorph Strain (Dead Space)
6. Typhon Strain (Prey)
7. Hellspawn Strain (DOOM)
8. Xenomorph Strain (Alien & Prometheus)