Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars 2 would've been an awesome fps campaign!

OP IrishLaws5

I just started Halo 2 and am having so much fun with it so far. The campaign seems pretty solid, though I haven't played a lot yet...Halo 5's campaign seemed pretty sick the first couple missions too...anyway I think the story, being Red Team and the huge environment would've been pretty fun for an FPS.

What are your thoughts? REMEMBER TO PUT SPOILERS IN THE SPOILER TAB. I want the discussion to be immersive but I haven't finished the campaign yet.
Nah, in my opinion there is only so much an FPS can do. We'd literally just be noob combing and sniping infantry. As for vehicle we'd mostly like use the Scorpion. Besides, RTS is good for the Halo Universe although I wish we could have controlled a Mac Gun from Cairo Station and blast some Covenant ships.
Nah, in my opinion there is only so much an FPS can do. We'd literally just be noob combing and sniping infantry. As for vehicle we'd mostly like use the Scorpion. Besides, RTS is good for the Halo Universe although I wish we could have controlled a Mac Gun from Cairo Station and blast some Covenant ships.
Agreed but I just got this idea : how about a game where RTS and FPS are combined. I know it's crazy but imagine!
Agreed but I just got this idea : how about a game where RTS and FPS are combined. I know it's crazy but imagine!
Good luck playing that on LASO, if Hunter's Brand taught me anything...actually I didn't learn anything except how to dodge Hunter's Brand.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
I just started Halo 2 and am having so much fun with it so far. The campaign seems pretty solid, though I haven't played a lot yet...Halo 5's campaign seemed pretty sick the first couple missions too...anyway I think the story, being Red Team and the huge environment would've been pretty fun for an FPS.

What are your thoughts? REMEMBER TO PUT SPOILERS IN THE SPOILER TAB. I want the discussion to be immersive but I haven't finished the campaign yet.
I disagree only because I think having it be the same location the entire game would get stale.Halo 1 was very good,but idk if you could pull off a single location campaign again