Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo wars 3 - 2 player split screen

OP jk kills 33

I'm probably in the minority, but how many wwould not mind the next halo wars have split screen? Just 2 players though. This would be best for co-op.

And playable flood faction?
Split screen? In an RTS? Novel idea but I don't think there's anyway you could execute it in a functional manner.

Split screen naturally makes the images on your screen smaller, which is more manageable for FPS games. However, imagine trying to understand a mini map or how much of a resource you have on a restricted screen.

Not inherently against the idea, if we could get it to work I would love it. But seems improbable
StarCraft on N64 had split screen. Far too complicated but they tried....
StarCraft on N64 had split screen. Far too complicated but they tried....
I was about to say this, and the lag was unbearable once you got 5 minutes into a game. Lol
Split screen almost doubles the amount of work the box itself has to do.
That's why many couch coop games just keep reducing the frame rate until it gets manageable.
Just use a few scatter bombs and you'll know why doubling the load won't really work even on the one x.
Before they invest development hours to fix that, they should get the core game mechanics stable (don't we all love these disconnects) and add things like a proper replay system.
Split screen could only work if your tv is double the size of normal TVs.
maybe make the mini map a separate button to bring it up full screen ? I think co op would be great but the playable flood may be difficult to sort
maybe make the mini map a separate button to bring it up full screen ? I think co op would be great
Quote:
but the playable flood may be difficult to sort
How so?
would be something different but not sure it would work?i think it would be heck of laggy lol
Yea I miss that co op play like n64 Starcraft it can be done on console. Would be awesome
maybe make the mini map a separate button to bring it up full screen ? I think co op would be great
Quote:
How so?
Because adding a third faction would make the game one third harder to balance, and balance is already a massive issue.
Quote:
How so?
how do you make a faction entirely made of biomass able to accumulate more soldiers either not overpowering or underpowered? what would they use as turrets ? if they have abilities they would have to be flood themed like : "spore cloud" and if someone spams flamethrowers to destroy the flood and suddenly ALL of them become infected what would you do ? what would you make as units ?- there are two factions in halo wars and to add a third just for 1 leader is a bit much..
Quote:
How so?
how do you make a faction entirely made of biomass able to accumulate more soldiers either not overpowering or underpowered? what would they use as turrets ? if they have abilities they would have to be flood themed like : "spore cloud" and if someone spams flamethrowers to destroy the flood and suddenly ALL of them become infected what would you do ? what would you make as units ?- there are two factions in halo wars and to add a third just for 1 leader is a bit much..
If I'm not mistaken there was no ccondor before halo wars, so I'm sure they fill in the gaps like turrets.

Maybe for pvp you can't take units or done the spartan way.
Quote:
How so?
They will sort out. The more factions we get the better. I was hopping to have forerunners in the game...
Co-op would be neat, but I'd like to see it more as Picture-In-Picture where the second player only has a mini screen in the corner and can only operate the Main Base (or bumper between bases) in order to produce troops/upgrades while the main player can scroll around the map as usual.