Halo Wars 3 Likely In Development?

OP DylanCharles171

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
As for "poor sales"... is there proof of this?
People usually cite the VGchartz website to claim HW2 had poor sales. According to that site HW2 has sold about 500k units. However, this is not including digital sales, of which that site does not factor in.
...Which in this day and age, I would expect to be a significant source of sales.

Using myself anecdotally, all of my Xbone games were digital sales. I'd wager there's a decent portion of the user base that prefers the ease and convenience of digital over physical.

So, it's an incomplete proof at best, and can't really be used to get an accurate picture.
I guess you could argue that the percentage of physical sales would the same for HW2 compared to other Xbox One games.
I'm confused, people here have been mentioning future Halo Wars 2 dlc, but didn't they confirm that's not in the cards anymore? Or did I hear wrong?
The way they ended halo wars 2 it looked as if it merged with the ending of halo 5
I'm confused, people here have been mentioning future Halo Wars 2 dlc, but didn't they confirm that's not in the cards anymore? Or did I hear wrong?
Not in the cards right now.
Oh cool then. Maybe we'll see something someday.
Oh cool then. Maybe we'll see something someday.
We can hope!
The way HW2 ended I need HW3 it doesn’t matter when I I just need it to come out 😭
i seen this thread a few times in the few months but from what i understand, the game is not going to be back in development any time soon if ever at all. I wish they would do a third but i would find if preferable if they balance out the current game first. no reason for a third if either game never gets balanced out.
i seen this thread a few times in the few months but from what i understand, the game is not going to be back in development any time soon if ever at all. I wish they would do a third but i would find if preferable if they balance out the current game first. no reason for a third if either game never gets balanced out.
Well we all sure as hell know that HW 1 wasn't balanced, but they made HW2 anyway.
Well we all sure as hell know that HW 1 wasn't balanced, but they made HW2 anyway.
Well idk captain cutter dropping ten superior infantry anywhere he has vision + a max of 4 mac blasts in rapid succession seems reasonable.
Well 343 never did the hw1. So it's not their fault. I dont even consider HW1 a strategy game.
Well 343 never did the hw1. So it's not their fault. I dont even consider HW1 a strategy game.
Lol I guess it's an fps after all?
I'm not a real big fan of the Halo Series. They seem boring. However, Halo Wars 2 was the first true game I have ever enjoyed. If a third one came out I would definitely get, pre-order even. I do doubt one is in development since they are starting working on Halo Infinite, and even if there is a game in development I doubt it will come anytime soon since Infinite will be a main priority.
Would be best if they added more characters or maps but this game is already in a dead end. Adding more characters will cause some chaos since they will need to rebalance some units and leaders.
At this point, If they make an announcement that they are working on extra content for HW2, or working on HW3, I will GLADLY wait for their release. For now, I will just continue playing the game until I get bored or I reach champion within the next year or so.
If halo infinite does real well they will probably make a halo wars 3.
The crew of the Spirit of Fire seems to (hopefully) be merging with the cast of the main Halo games for Halo Infinite so depending on how that goes we may not get to see a Halo Wars 3 with these characters.
What would be awesome is a Halo Wars prequel that takes place during the Forerunner/Human/Flood wars, with leaders like Forthenco, the Ur-Didact, and the Primordial. Ground battle maps could include locations like Charum Hakkor and there could be space battles as well. I know it will probably never happen but one can always dream right? I'd spend a good amount of money on it...
Spoiler:
Show
Having your ship as home base sounds exciting.

When I played Firaxis's Xcom games it made me want a Halo Wars game that played like it. A turn-based strategy game. Xcom has a huge upgradable base, and that's what the Spirit of Fire would be like. Xcom has a close-up battlefield with "larger" "unit" graphics. So since the Spirit of Fire is running out of units, each unit would be stronger and more important, and upgradable. Units wouldn't go down as easy as in the previous RTS Wars games.
Even if it wont sell well and make a ton of profit or have a ton of resources dedicated to it hell let it take 10 years but

Finish This Fight
PEPORA wrote:
tenchosan wrote:
Even if miraculously HW 3 was made
HW 2 is incomplete
343industries betrayed our trust.
That fact does not change.

HW 2 is the best game.
So it is sad.
Incomplete? Betrayed our trust? What are you even talking about?
- Saved data frequently disappears in some environments
· Startup fails on Xbox One
· Rug is too severe
· Game falls during game
· Unit does not pick up supplies

343 Industries recognizes these problems but has left it for more than a year. Even MCC is, they are despising users.
1. I don't know how common of a problem that is. Nevertheless, yeah, that sucks.
2. I've had the game freeze on the main menu once. I've heard of it happening more for others, but is this really a betrayal of trust...?
3. I don't know what that is, honestly.
4. Yes, disconnects are a problem.
5. Again..... is this really a betrayal of trust? If that's the standard by which you judge a developer and their product, you must have a mistrust of every developer who has ever made a game. Units not capturing nodes or picking up supplies is indeed annoying, but there are ways to work around it and get them to do what you want them to.

So I'll definitely grant you the couple of technical issues the game has. This is all ignoring the fact that HW2 was not developed by 343. They are simply managing the game now. The game launched with far more technical and balance issues than it currently has. It is in a better place now because of 343.
343 lost our trust when they copy and pasted h1-h4 code into one game and called it the Master Chief Collection (which is widely regarded as the buggiest release of all time, Microsoft even dished out free live to anyone stupid enough to be an early adopter) not as a tribute to old games, but to fund their H5 game where they injected their "creative influences" in order to make the game more CoD-like and crippled the franchise.

343 Industries: "If it aint broke, break it"

Although I will say that Halo Wars 2 has been a delight (I have bought all characters and expansions) so whoever is on this team please give them a raise.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4